Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Excellent read on the late Willie Dixon
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 26, 2018 18:42

Can we call him the original Rolling Stone? That little red rooster of his helped bring us to this site today, IMHO, along with his work with Mister Chuck B.

[www.pastemagazine.com]

Re: OT: Excellent read on the late Willie Dixon
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 26, 2018 19:12

Willie was a true blues genius. He was partially responsible for bringing his fellow blues musicians to Europe in the early and mid 1960's.

I was fortunate to be able to see him perform in the mid 1970's at a club (The Backdoor) on the campus of San Diego State University.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 26, 2018 19:24

Excellent - indeed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2018 19:34

BluzDude
Willie was a true blues genius. He was partially responsible for bringing his fellow blues musicians to Europe in the early and mid 1960's.

I was fortunate to be able to see him perform in the mid 1970's at a club (The Backdoor) on the campus of San Diego State University.

thumbs up
He was also responsible for writing some of greatest blues tunes ever - I Can't Quit You Baby, Back Door Man, Hoochie Coochie Man, I Just Want to Make Love to You, Evil, My Babe, Little Red Rooster, Spoonful, and I Ain't Superstitious amongst hundreds of others.

Willie Dixon

I saw him in the early '80's at the tiny Music Machine club in West L.A., and his backing band was Spencer Davis and members of Los Lobos and The Blasters among others.
Seeing the legend live and up close is one of my favorite concert memeories ever.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 26, 2018 19:35

Excellent read indeed. Thanks for sharing, dmay.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 27, 2018 00:26

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 28, 2018 01:53

Hairball
BluzDude

thumbs up
He was also responsible for writing some of greatest blues tunes ever - I Can't Quit You Baby, Back Door Man, Hoochie Coochie Man, I Just Want to Make Love to You, Evil, My Babe, Little Red Rooster, Spoonful, and I Ain't Superstitious amongst hundreds of others.

Willie Dixon

I saw him in the early '80's at the tiny Music Machine club in West L.A., and his backing band was Spencer Davis and members of Los Lobos and The Blasters among others.
Seeing the legend live and up close is one of my favorite concert memeories ever.

Wow! the Music Machine! I think that's where I saw Etta James in the early 80's

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home