Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Richard Harrison - Pawn Stars patriarch
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 25, 2018 21:52

Used to watch this show. He was always fun to watch. Is it still on?

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Re: OT: RIP Richard Harrison - Pawn Stars patriarch
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 25, 2018 22:04

dmay

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

I used to watch it as well, it was a very enjoyable show. Don't know if it's still on, but here's some Stones connections. RIP, Mr. Rick.

Rolling Stones signed photo

Rolling Stones promo album

Ronnie Wood self-portrait

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 26, 2018 00:27

Oh, no smoking smiley Rest in peace, Richard Harrison

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 26, 2018 00:40

RIP Old Man.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 26, 2018 07:03

Cristiano Radtke
dmay

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

I used to watch it as well, it was a very enjoyable show. Don't know if it's still on, but here's some Stones connections. RIP, Mr. Rick.

Rolling Stones signed photo

Rolling Stones promo album

Ronnie Wood self-portrait

Pawn Stars is still making shows, but The old man has not been on for a while... and I wondered why and the internet rumors I found (this was a month or two ago) were interesting. Some said he was not on because he was sick, others said he was not on because the show is totally fake now and he didnt want to be part of a non real pawn shop. By"fake" they meant the show is now shot in LA in a studio built to look like the real shop. Other rumors talked about the old man not making personal appearances but being on the poster. It was all kind of interesting.

I dont know what the truth is, but they are still producing live shows.

I find this show interesting, even if it more fake than not these days.
It is more a history and fun facts thing now than... what ever it was... or something.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 26, 2018 07:07

Good thoughts and vibes going out to his friends and family...

RIP Mr Harrison sad smiley

Date: June 26, 2018 07:38

I picked selected the wrong emoji!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 26, 2018 19:03

I was in Vegas last summer, we actually made the trip to go to the Gold & Silver Pawn shop. I was already told by others beforehand, you don't see the guys that often in the shop. They weren't there when I went.

We did go to Rick's shopping center next door, with a bar that he owns, and stopped in for a beer. The bartender told us that the Pawn Stars crew were all out that night, for Corey's bachelor party (no idea if the old man was w/ them) ... he said if we went to Top Golf (i think that is what he called it), that we would see them there, and that they were heading to Corey's bar, about 1/2 mile away, afterwards. We already had other plans to party in the strip nearby, so we did not make the Top Golf or Corey bar trip.

So I never met the old man, although he was my favorite!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 27, 2018 00:10

LeonidP
I was in Vegas last summer, we actually made the trip to go to the Gold & Silver Pawn shop. I was already told by others beforehand, you don't see the guys that often in the shop. They weren't there when I went.

We did go to Rick's shopping center next door, with a bar that he owns, and stopped in for a beer. The bartender told us that the Pawn Stars crew were all out that night, for Corey's bachelor party (no idea if the old man was w/ them) ... he said if we went to Top Golf (i think that is what he called it), that we would see them there, and that they were heading to Corey's bar, about 1/2 mile away, afterwards. We already had other plans to party in the strip nearby, so we did not make the Top Golf or Corey bar trip.

Great story. I heard the store that you see on tv is just a movie set. is that true?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 27, 2018 07:34

More Hot Rocks
LeonidP

Great story. I heard the store that you see on tv is just a movie set. is that true?

No, it is a real store and the same as on TV! I saw a couple pictures on the wall that I have also seen in tv episodes.

Date: June 27, 2018 08:32

The store is closed to the public during filming. The customers and extras seen on screen are pre-selected.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1172
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home