Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tickets and bag checking questions
Posted by: JoolsH ()
Date: May 20, 2018 19:12

Hey guys. I'm seeing both shows next week in London. Have general admission for the 22nd and Gold Circle for the 25th. Also have Twickenham next month and would LOVE to upgrade those GA tickets to GC or pit. Do you think there'll be any chance of this? What's the audience vibe so far and are GC tickets pretty decent?

Second question. How strict is this A5 sized bag rule for ladies? Mine is probably more A4 sized, but still pretty small. Is it an all out ban on slightly larger bags??

Were there plenty of people selling & swapping tickets on the day? AXS are bloody useless!!

Thanks for any pointers!! :-)

Re: Tickets and bag checking questions
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 20, 2018 19:30

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 20, 2018 19:37

I can, of course, only speak for Dublin. Hardly anyone came with a bag or even a larger bag, but over all security and controls were pretty relaxed, and I did see a guy with a small bag pack (definitely larger than A5)in GA.

There was a Ticketmaster/customer service tent inside the venue where I got to change my tix from upper to lower, so it is worth a try, if AXs offers the same service, or come in early and see whether they fill up GC and Pit, offering upgrades from GA. GC was a very good spot in Dublin, I would say.

Outside the venue I got asked if I would sell a spare ticket, but was not offered any. But I also did not look for one to buy...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 20, 2018 19:39

Don't take your A4 sized bag to the Stadium. Take a smaller one or none (see security advices). Without any bag the security check will be fast (like in Dublin).
Last year the checks before the shows (stockholm, Paris, Germany) were pretty tough.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 20, 2018 19:41

About the bags, I think they simply don't want to have to search though large bags; the smaller the bag, the quicker it is to check. IIRC they did something similar at Hyde Park last summer, although they allowed slightly larger bags. There was an outline to check the bag against. They weren't too fussy about the exact size.

My regular bag is also more A4 size, so I visited the charity shops and found an A5 size one that is roomy enough for the essentials. I used an A5 flyer for reference and there were quite a few that would have done.

Date: May 20, 2018 20:52

These replies are really helpful, thanks!!!! With being female, a smoker (certainly due to nerves before they open the gates for that mad rush on the pitch), and also having a purse, I can't imagine not taking a bag at all, but yes I know how these checks can slow you down... :-(

I know you can only speak about specific shows you were at, but guessing the pit areas were full? I see they're still selling at face value for SOME venues.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 20, 2018 21:08

I was GA front row in Dublin. The view and sound were excellent. You can see the whole stage from there. I only had to queue for 2 hours and was 12th in the queue . I wore cargo trousers and a fleece jacket with big pockets and carried no bag. Security was relaxed and they checked nothing, not even a pat down.

I would expect security in London to be much, much tighter due to recent events.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 20, 2018 21:59

If last year's shows are anything to go by, anyone with larger than an A5-sized bag will be sent to check it in for a fee at a cloakroom, where they'll then have to queue in a very long line after the show to get it back.

I saw numerous people turned away for this reason at different venues - some of which even had an A5-sized cut-out that they used to measure against bags - so I would say it's best to expect the rule to be enforced.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 20, 2018 22:14

JoolsH
These replies are really helpful, thanks!!!! With being female, a smoker (certainly due to nerves before they open the gates for that mad rush on the pitch), and also having a purse, I can't imagine not taking a bag at all, but yes I know how these checks can slow you down... :-(

I know you can only speak about specific shows you were at, but guessing the pit areas were full? I see they're still selling at face value for SOME venues.

I have my special "concert jacket", maybe not too fashionable, but with large pockets, that can carry all the essentials, like lighter, Cigarettes, phone, purse, small camera, and even some more stuff, if needed. Might look a little like a hamster, but does the job.
In Munich last year, they were really strict and allowed almost no bags at all, Like others already mentioned, you could leave your bag at a storage, but huge queues in and out. I would not risk it...
In Dublin neither GC nor Pit were sold out and quite some GC were invited to Pit, as well as GA was invite to upgrade to GC. For the first half hour of the show there was constan movement between the sections.

Date: May 21, 2018 14:14

I don't think I'll chance it with my bag that is probably between A5 and A4, then. Will see what I can find this evening - last minute, but hey!

Thanks also for the ticket information. Will likely stick with what we have for these next 2 shows, but hoping there's scope if needs be for Twickenham next month to upgrade. I did email AXS and they said to call them, naturally that takes ages to get through to a human being, but as this show isn't till 19th June, I've got some time to think about it. We have GA at the moment. If front row GA are pretty good, as someone said, maybe just maybe they'll be okay but really fancy a pit ticket or GC! Also fancying the last show in Warsaw.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: May 21, 2018 15:28

Do you tink they allow a carboard tube? I always take this to put away the lithograph safely

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 21, 2018 15:40

vinckske

Do you tink they allow a carboard tube?

Probably not - because it could be used as weapon. There should be left luggage facilities like in Dublin ....

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 21, 2018 15:48

In Dublin I saw some people getting the litho in a kind of cardboard envelope.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 21, 2018 16:08

I must say their use of the term "clutch bag" is confusing since they say "with or without handle or strap". By definition, a clutch bag has neither!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2216
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home