Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: MOJO - January 2012
Posted by: 2000man ()
Date: December 13, 2011 19:47

mr_dja
Can anyone in the US offer insight on where I might find Mojo Magazine? Barnes & Nobel?
Barnes & Nobel carry it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have January's issue in yet.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 13, 2011 19:48

yeah, B&N and all your finer book stores should carry mojo...meanwhile the cd itself can be downloaded free of charge...still waiting to d/l the mag for free...but i'm patient...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 13, 2011 20:07

Thanks 2000man & StonesTod... Time to start a search for the download & will see if I can make it by the local B&N over the next few days.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 13, 2011 20:09

Its an interesting mix of covers.
I like Moonlight Mile and Angie.
I guess the others will grow???

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 13, 2011 20:21

Munichhilton
Its an interesting mix of covers.
I like Moonlight Mile and Angie.
I guess the others will grow???

in the springtime

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 13, 2011 20:34

Not as technically savy as some on this site but, with help from my cell phone, I was able to track this much down without having to use my office computer...

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings "Wild Horses" cover @ YouTube

I hope it works for you all as I can't actually confirm using the computer I'm typing on (company has YouTube blocked). In case the link doesn't work, the search I used @ YouTube to find it was "Wild Horses Sharon Jones"

Pretty cool version...

Peace,
Mr DJA

...Now if I could just find the Black Joe Lewis cover. BIG fan of his.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 15, 2011 15:21

Well let's have a proper look at it:

1. Brown Sugar-Alice Russel (Soul) 3 smoking smiley and for Stones 4 smoking smiley
2. Sway-Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears (Rock) 4 smoking smiley and for Stones 5 smoking smiley
3. Wild Horses-Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (Soul) 4 smoking smiley and for Stones 5 smoking smiley
4. Can't you hear me knockin-The Bamboos (Soul) 3 smoking smiley and for Stones 4 smoking smiley
5. You gotta move-Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens (Soul) 2 smoking smiley Stones 4 smoking smiley
6. Bitch-The Sugarman (Soul) 2 smoking smiley and for Stones 3 smoking smiley
7. I got the blues-Aloe Blacc & Joel van Dijk (Rock) 4 smoking smiley Stones 5 smoking smiley
8. Sister Morphine-Ren Harvieu (Rock) 4 smoking smiley and for Stones 3 smoking smiley
9. Dead Flowers-Anthony Joseph & The Spasm Band (Soul) 2 smoking smiley Stones 3 smoking smiley
10.Moonlight mile-Lee Fields (Soul) 3 smoking smiley and for Stones 4 smoking smiley
11.Angie-Beta Hector (Soul) 3 smoking smiley and for Stones 5 smoking smiley

Conclusion: Stones was flored by Ren Harvieu with his Sister Morphine...drinking smiley

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-15 15:23 by Come On.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: December 16, 2011 20:37

Superb psychedelic funk version of Dead Flowers!grinning smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 17, 2011 08:12

mr_dja
Can anyone in the US offer insight on where I might find Mojo Magazine? Barnes & Nobel? I want the CD...

Ideas? Thoughts?

Thanks for any insight!

Peace
Mr DJA

Barnes & Noble carries MOJO, but there's a month or so lag between when an issue is published in England and when it shows up in Barnes and Noble (in the USA). They must ship them by slow boat. In fact, this evening, hoping I wasn't overly optimistic, I stopped in my local B & N hoping the Stones MOJO had arrived early; but all they had was the last MOJO with the Who on the cover.

Date: December 17, 2011 13:03

StonesTod
the boys look rested and ready to rock, don't they?
Of the hundreds of brilliant comments by Stonestod, this one is one of the funniest.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: December 17, 2011 13:57

Come On
Well let's have a proper look at it:

1. Brown Sugar-Alice Russel (Soul) 3 smoking smiley and for Stones 4 smoking smiley
2. Sway-Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears (Rock) 4 smoking smiley and for Stones 5 smoking smiley
3. Wild Horses-Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (Soul) 4 smoking smiley and for Stones 5 smoking smiley
4. Can't you hear me knockin-The Bamboos (Soul) 3 smoking smiley and for Stones 4 smoking smiley
5. You gotta move-Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens (Soul) 2 smoking smiley Stones 4 smoking smiley
6. Bitch-The Sugarman (Soul) 2 smoking smiley and for Stones 3 smoking smiley
7. I got the blues-Aloe Blacc & Joel van Dijk (Rock) 4 smoking smiley Stones 5 smoking smiley
8. Sister Morphine-Ren Harvieu (Rock) 4 smoking smiley and for Stones 3 smoking smiley
9. Dead Flowers-Anthony Joseph & The Spasm Band (Soul) 2 smoking smiley Stones 3 smoking smiley
10.Moonlight mile-Lee Fields (Soul) 3 smoking smiley and for Stones 4 smoking smiley
11.Angie-Beta Hector (Soul) 3 smoking smiley and for Stones 5 smoking smiley

Conclusion: Stones was flored by Ren Harvieu with his Sister Morphine...drinking smiley

Totally agree with you - fantastic version of Sister Morphine!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home