Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick on breakfast show
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 27, 2018 22:41

Chris Evans is a little pr-ck, no?

Re: Mick on breakfast show
Date: February 27, 2018 22:43

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Chris Evans is a little pr-ck, no? (Found on Stonesnews site)

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 27, 2018 22:58

Mick more than capable of managing Chris Evans !

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 23:46

Yeah the interview was very strange. Evans is a disrespectful dickead honestly

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 28, 2018 00:20

Wow, never heard of him before but Chris Evans sounds like a real d*ck! He was very insulting to Mick, if I was Mick I probably would have hung up on him.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 28, 2018 00:22

Maindefender
Chris Evans is a little pr-ck, no?
Yes.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: February 28, 2018 00:30

Nothing wrong with this interview. Sounded like two old chaps.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2018 01:06

bobo

Yeah, sounds like they were just joking around and Mick was a good sport about it.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 28, 2018 01:13

Nothing good about it. Chris Evans spoke his usual crap with the exception of asking what No Filter meant to which he got no explanation.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 28, 2018 01:31

...with the exception of asking what No Filter meant to which he got no explanation.
yeah... sad smiley... none of us get an explanation for that.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: February 28, 2018 01:35

Sounded to me like they were just joking around... I think the guy was trying to be funny which he wasn't and Mick played along perfectly.

Now Mick back to the west coast !!!!!!!!

Date: February 28, 2018 01:44

I dont usually listen to this type of crap... but I was curious... it is only 5 minutes... and... I thought it was funny... its all good.

Mick knows what he is doing... who he is talking to... I never heard of this guy but I would wager he has an audience which Mick wants to reach... and voila! He Micked it! Classic freekin Jagger!

He did kind of answer the NO FILTER... saying the shows are out doors, in the elements, no roof... he will need more rain coats.... ahhh yaadayaddaBS... so, still no real answer.

Most interesting part was... actually 2 parts was...
1) They will be pulling out 2-3 more ultra rare (Mr D type of ) songs...
2) England is going to win the World Cup this year.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 28, 2018 01:53

You guys do know that Chris was the host of TFI Friday here and did the TFI Rolling Stones special from the No Security tour in 99 and did some of the best latter day Stones interviews. They are good friends, just chatting, i sense no tension whatsoever.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 28, 2018 01:54

30 seconds in and I think
alright he likes low voiced
check
LOL

Date: February 28, 2018 01:58

geordiestone
You guys do know that Chris was the host of TFI Friday here and did the TFI Rolling Stones special from the No Security tour in 99 and did some of the best latter day Stones interviews. They are good friends, just chatting, i sense no tension whatsoever.

I didn't know who he was... names sounds familiar... thanks for the info...
But I do know Mick's style and he doesn't play in the bushes, so I assumed the guy must be worthwhile

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 28, 2018 02:05

It was BBC so it can't be all bad. Unlike commercial radio/tv they have quality standards. And Chris Evans is alright. Journalists over here (Sweden) are afraid of Sir Michael. He isn't an easy interview object.
Most journalists fail with him. He has a completely different persona when inteviewed by female journalists though. Much more complaisant. One thing I noticed is that Chris doesn't address him as Sir. A bit odd maybe...

Date: February 28, 2018 02:13

One word: laryngitis. It seems to me that it's chronical by now.

Date: February 28, 2018 02:14

Hairball
bobo

Yeah, sounds like they were just joking around and Mick was a good sport about it.

Didn't realize Mick enjoyed getting busted on old age jokes. This guy wasn't helping sell tickets IMO. Not my cup of tea.....thumbs down

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2018 02:18

Thru and Thru
Wow, never heard of him before but Chris Evans sounds like a real d*ck! He was very insulting to Mick, if I was Mick I probably would have hung up on him.

Its called banter. They know each other pretty well.

Date: February 28, 2018 02:19

Yep, I don't think Chris Evans is a Stones fan. It surely doesn't sound like that anyway. Hence the bleak age jokes.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2018 03:41

He most definitely is.

video: [www.dailymotion.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 03:42 by Gazza.

Date: February 28, 2018 03:51

You refuted me there, Gazza! I have seen this footage before but didn't notice the ginger one! So, it was just banter between friends then...

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 28, 2018 04:39

Leonioid
He did kind of answer the NO FILTER... saying the shows are out doors, in the elements, no roof... he will need more rain coats.... ahhh yaadayaddaBS... so, still no real answer.

To me No Filter means what you see and hear is what you get. There's no lip syncing, no trickery, no disguising the fact they've been around awhile.

Date: February 28, 2018 04:57

StonedInTokyo
Leonioid

To me No Filter means what you see and hear is what you get. There's no lip syncing, no trickery, no disguising the fact they've been around awhile.

That makes a lot of sense... but...

But they are going to be in a pickle someday IF/WHEN they release THE ROLLING STONES - LIVE - NO FILTER album DOWNLOAD... because as we know... most of their "live" albums do indeed have some "filter" (some "Pierre de Beauport")(some Waddy)(some other other people and stuff) applied to the "live"...

So... who knows...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 05:17 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 28, 2018 10:50

Some info my ears picked up and my mind interpreted:

(1) Mick's not been in Chicago just to see Melanie and baby. He's been in "home of the blues" checking some blues acts too, and sounded like not telling it all... Just 'since I am here, may I use the opportunity to see what's going on here nowadays' kind of thing or something more professional... Anyway, his 'blues mood' seems to continue... (and as Keith mentioned yesterday, they will meet in NYC about the new album today)

(2) The new tour was decided - or the idea dropped up - during studio sessions... so they've been recording something since the end of first leg of NO FILTER tour. One of those "then we were doing another sessions again" moments Charlie just talked about...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 10:52 by Doxa.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 28, 2018 11:34

geordiestone

Yes! One of my all-times-favourites of interview-docu from a Stones tour!!
If you haven't seen it yet, check the Stones Vault...

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 28, 2018 11:36

Gazza
He most definitely is.

YUP! That's the one!
I know it by heart! grinning smiley

Date: February 28, 2018 11:51

Doxa
Mick's not been in Chicago just to see Melanie and baby. He's been in "home of the blues" checking some blues acts too, and sounded like not telling it all

- "What are you doing in Chicago?"
- "I can't tell you!"

To me that indicates the first alternative. Sir Michael never likes to talk about his privat life. I don't think he's seen even one blues act. That is just a pretense. (But I might be wrong...).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 28, 2018 11:58

.....maybe he was doin' the Gangster Tour .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:09

Gazza
He most definitely is.

Chris does a great job here; one of my favorite film-interview. Evans likes to break balls but one can tell he loves and respect the band. Thank you for lifting that docu from the videobin, Gazza.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home