Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Information about the original 1995 Stripped box sets?
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: December 31, 2017 19:27

I can't find anywhere in Internet comprehensive information about these 1995 box sets, I know there is a vinyl box set with t-shirt and a cd box set with a book but Amazon lists also cd box sets with t-shirt???? These box sets are quite limited and scarce, also in ebay there is only one vinyl box set (used one). Anyone familiar with these box sets?

Re: Information about the original 1995 Stripped box sets?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 31, 2017 19:45

Do you mean this one?

[eil.com]

"ROLLING STONES Stripped (Rare 1995 Dutch limited edition of 3000 box set including 14-track 2-LP vinyl set, black cotton T-shirt with band and title embroidered in red thread, polished slate titled keyring, Ronson white metal zippo style printedlighter, individually numbered certificate and 10"x10" print, all housed in a fabulous fold-over pvc printed outer box)."

Date: December 31, 2017 19:53

Yes, I do. Amazon lists also cd versions of this but I can't find anywhere else information about it? I know there is a very scarce cd box version with a book but there is no t-shirt in that one I think.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 31, 2017 20:12

Irix
Do you mean this one?

[eil.com]
Isn't it a kind of UFO Records production?

Date: December 31, 2017 20:20

In ebay listing it says (for the vinyl version):

from Virgin UK in 1995 # V 2801 (7243 8 41040 1 6)

Rare Strictly Official UK Original Double Vinyl LP with Double Inner Sleeve.

In "Special Limited Edition" Plastic Box with A Numbered Certification Sheet, Photo Sheet ,Key-Holder and A Black T-Shirt with Logo

The same seller is selling also the cd box version with a photo book:

from Virgin EU (Made in UK) and UFO Music UK in 1995 , # CDV 2801 (7243 8 41040 2 3)

RARE Strictly Official UK CD (Incl. Four Live Video on Quick Time Interactive Material, Pressed by EMI Swindon Factory UK) with Fold Booklet.

In Limited Box by UFO Music with

80 page Photo Book (from UFO Music in 1995) , Designed Card (It Has A Light Fold Spot) and Logo Band

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 31, 2017 20:24

I bought twenty years ago the cd version of this box (I never knew about a LP version though), I haven't looked inside for years, but I think -beside the cd and T-shirt- it also included a lighter and a keychain. No book.

Then you got the Stripped, a trip through the Voodoo Lounge Tour 1994-95 box that included a photobook, the cd and wristband, plus an A4 paper with the crew all access passes pictured on it.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-31 20:33 by GJV.

Date: December 31, 2017 20:35

Okay, thanks for the info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-31 20:35 by rollingon.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 31, 2017 21:07

rollingon
UFO boxes are unofficial products. I mean, the CD will be a regular official one. But the box is made by local record company associated with the shop Vinyl Experience, which was in Hanway Street, London. I do not know how to qualify such a product properly. Fan made edition, probably.

And the description is a total goof. To name regular CD made in UK by Swindon as 'RARE Strictly Official UK CD (Incl. Four Live Video on Quick Time Interactive Material, Pressed by EMI Swindon Factory UK) with Fold Booklet' - is a hook. That CD costs 3 Euros in used record shops these days. It is no rare at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-31 21:11 by ironbelly.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 1, 2018 05:49

Swear I got one of those Stripped box-sets some where .....

........... Yeah like What they $$$worth now days ???????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 1, 2018 05:57

Yeah I do .... still in original mint condition ... never played ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 1, 2018 18:22

Rockman

Yeah I do .... still in original mint condition ... never played ....

Apparently it came with some fresh fruit? And that one is still in mint condition as well? smoking smiley

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 2, 2018 02:31

UFO / Vinyl Experience did produce one official product, the "From One Charlie" boxed set. All the other boxes like this are unofficial extra packaging of the official product. The one arguably good thing is the band were able to see there was a market for more collectible products. The same thing happened when the bootlegs got so good they decided they might as well do the vaults series. Better late than never...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home