Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Questions about "Sympathy" as an opener
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: September 19, 2017 06:41

hi folks,

to me - in the 1st place - is delivering SFTD as the 1st song something great, something new, I must admit, I was longing for something like that, as much as I love Jumping Jack Flash and Start Me Up, it would nowadays take a lot of my advance enthusiasm as they were flogged to death as openers imho.

I became to hate SFTD during the last years, Mick´s singing on this very position of the song I consider totally top notch.

then : me as someone who won´t join the tour before Duesseldorf to those who were there: the way Mick enters the stage is kinda like "Not Fade Away" in 1994/5, right?

Does Keith stay in the shadow until the 1st "Pleased to meet you..." ???

Re: Questions about "Sympathy" as an opener
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2017 07:02

Seems an awkward way to start a show, and as someone mentioned previously it might be because they don't have an opening video or an opening intro. of any sorts.
Those videos/into's used to build up tension, and then there would be a sudden explosion and a blasting riff rattling and shaking the arena or stadium.
Now you just have plodding Sympathy drum loops...eye rolling smiley...but some here seem to enjoy it anyways.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home