Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 70's rock bands
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:34

in mu humble opinion..70's were the greatest times in rock n roll, but then again I'm an old fart, heheh...

The Ramones, the Clash, The Rolling Stones, The Stooges/Iggy solo,
Patti Smith Group, Television, Lou Reed, New York Dolls, etc etc..

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 7, 2011 21:42

pagodapete
Silver Dagger
Sleepy City
Showaddywaddy are currently my favourite band:

They would be. Must be fun at your parties with Cliff, Chas n Dave and Gary Glitter.

I kinda liked that song. I forgot to mention that I always play "Gimme dat thing" by the Pipkins on parties, as well as Making your mind up by Buck's fizz. And... I throw great parties, call me P diddy thumbs up

Apologies, very nasty of me.

Date: November 8, 2011 01:32

pagodapete
Oh it's so hard to come up with such a list. To mention a few, in now particular order - except from 1 and 2 (who are the best)

1. rolling stones
2. television

little feat, the who, faces, joe walsh, grin, america, t rex, humble pie , steppenwolf, traffic, led zep, black sabbath, hawkwind, suicide, blondie, the impressions, the stylistics, the runaways, the stooges, van der graaf generator, donna summer, scic, ABBA, the sensational alex harvey band, mott the hoople, yellow magic orchestra, NEU!, the cure, hatfield & the north, caravan, soft machine, heart, sex pistols, nick gilder/sweeney tood,the sweet, steely dan, simon & garfunkel, the miracles, MC5, patti smith group and a lot more

*edited 500 times spinning smiley sticking its tongue out*

Oh you got my kind of taste. That looks like my kind of songlist. Going from Donna Summer through NEU to the MC5. Excellent.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 8, 2011 02:41

Ahhhh those memories:

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 8, 2011 08:42

5. Rolling Stones
13. David Bowie
18. John Lennon
21. Bob Marley
25. Bruce Springsteen
27. The Clash
35. Neil Young
36. Bob Dylan
37. Rod Stewart
39. The Ramones
45. George Harrison
48. Elvis Presley
52. Creedence Clearwater Revival
76. Santana
78. Electric Light Orchestra
79. Sex Pistols
83. Kinks
84. Patti Smith
91. Paul Simon
95. The Doors
96. Van Morrison
97. Iggy Pop
100. Lou Reed
102. Cat Stevens
104. Supertramp
105. Genesis
109. Mott The Hoople
112. Janis Joplin
116. The Band
126. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
146. Elvis Costello & The Attractions
155. Dave Mason
158. Roxy Music
159. The New York Dolls
164. Harry Nilsson
168. T-Rex
169. Blondie
173. Don McLean
177. Manfred Mann's Earth Band
185. Spirit
189. Dave Edmunds
197. Billy Preston
200. Television

43 bands/artists left on my list. I visited most of this artists live concerts also during the 70ies...but there's many of my favorites left out on this 200-list like Loudon Wainwright and Leonard Cohen and Pretenders Stiff Little Fingers The Saints you name it...and where the @#$%& is Frank Zappa???

2 1 2 0

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: November 8, 2011 10:25

Palace Revolution 2000
pagodapete
Oh it's so hard to come up with such a list. To mention a few, in now particular order - except from 1 and 2 (who are the best)

1. rolling stones
2. television

little feat, the who, faces, joe walsh, grin, america, t rex, humble pie , steppenwolf, traffic, led zep, black sabbath, hawkwind, suicide, blondie, the impressions, the stylistics, the runaways, the stooges, van der graaf generator, donna summer, scic, ABBA, the sensational alex harvey band, mott the hoople, yellow magic orchestra, NEU!, the cure, hatfield & the north, caravan, soft machine, heart, sex pistols, nick gilder/sweeney tood,the sweet, steely dan, simon & garfunkel, the miracles, MC5, patti smith group and a lot more

*edited 500 times spinning smiley sticking its tongue out*

Oh you got my kind of taste. That looks like my kind of songlist. Going from Donna Summer through NEU to the MC5. Excellent.

Yeah thanks, the step from Moroder/Donna Summer to NEU! isn't that big either since both were pioneers and paved the way for modern electro/dance music.
Oh, and the band Scic is not a German obscure krautrock band, it's meant to be CHIC cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home