Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT ;Searching for Chicago Blues Festival 1986 videos
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 24, 2017 17:20

Planning my trip to Chicago in the coming days to catch the exhibition before it's too late, I went on the RollingStones website to see if I could find anything useful for my trip. The website has a map of Chicago that shows locations related to Stones'past musical activities. There is a spot that highlights where the Chicago blues festival took place in June 1986. Apparently Keith Richards showed up and jammed with his working partner of that period, Chuck Berry. They played 4 songs together with other guests including Dr John, and Junior Wells. I can't find any videos of the event. Anybody has more info on that festival?
Thank you,
Rockandroll,
Mops

Re: OT ;Searching for Chicago Blues Festival 1986 videos
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 24, 2017 18:00

After a quick search, I haven't found any videos but may have found audio... I can't verify though as I'm at work...

[www.guitars101.com]

1st post in thread has link at bottom which seems to lead to site to download zipped files (Link titled: DepositFiles). Due to being at work, this is where I have to bow out.

I have no idea if it's safe to download those files or not.

Maybe someone else can find something better...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 24, 2017 18:21

mr_dja
After a quick search, I haven't found any videos but may have found audio... I can't verify though as I'm at work...

[www.guitars101.com]

1st post in thread has link at bottom which seems to lead to site to download zipped files (Link titled: DepositFiles). Due to being at work, this is where I have to bow out.

I have no idea if it's safe to download those files or not.

Maybe someone else can find something better...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Great, thank you! thumbs up

I'm downloading right now, no problems here.

Date: July 24, 2017 18:51

Thanks for the update Cristiano! Glad to know that it was actually tracks and that they are "safe"! Although it's not the video that rollmops had asked for, I look forward to getting to my personal computer and checking out some Keith & Chuck tonight!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 24, 2017 19:03

Thank you Mr DJA. I haven't been able to check it out but I will try.
The concert in St Louis (Hail hail rockandroll)took place in October 1986 so June must have been the pre rehearsal meetings for Chuck and Keith. In 1986 they both had lot of energy and drive. Must have been great to be a that Festival. Keith played 4 songs( i read that somewhere) Johnny be Good, It hurts me too, an instrumental and Reeling &rockin.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: July 24, 2017 20:18

I got it ! Audio not video. UMG is blocking the videos.

Rockandroll,
Mops

[www.panicstream.net]

Date: July 24, 2017 20:34

rollmops
I got it ! Audio not video. UMG is blocking the videos.

Rockandroll,
Mops

[www.panicstream.net]

Sweet! I'll be looking forward to listening to it tonight!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 24, 2017 21:54

On "Reeling & Rocking" the guitar attack at the end is wild; a little bit out of tune but Chuck, Keith and Matt rock out the jams!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 24, 2017 22:27

Mops, if you are in Chicago on Thursday be sure to get over by Motor Row Brewing at 2337 S Michigan Ave from 6:30-11:00. They have had some terrific Blues music and excellent beer there for many months now, and I am sure you would enjoy yourself if you went. No cover charge. The brewery is just 2 blocks from the famed Chess Studio location at 2120 S Michigan. Hope you have a great visit in my kind of town!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 24, 2017 23:18

Great reading!
Could you place these recordings in the Hot Stuff section please to share!

Thanks!

smileys with beer

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: July 25, 2017 14:44

I have the video on vhs(sad to say),not the best quality but nice to have anyway.There was another guitar player who really smoked on 1 tune,after the tune KR went over & shook the guys hand....

Date: July 25, 2017 21:32

Nice DetroitKen; I wish I could watch it. The other guitar player was Matt"guitar" Murphy:
[en.wikipedia.org]

He became very famous after he acted and played in the first Blues Brothers movie.

Rockandroll,\Mops

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home