Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what do you think of the Some Girls overdubs ...
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 24, 2011 21:40

Gazza
....uh, it was a joke....

Wait a minute
What do you mean was a joke....it still is in multiple threads!
This is hard work keeping "I Need You" alive.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 24, 2011 21:53

Ok..

Keith has been frantically finishing lyrics and taking huge shots of bourbon in a desperate attempt to get his 1978 voice back so that no one will notice the overdubbed vocals...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 24, 2011 21:56

Gazza
Ok..

Keith has been frantically finishing lyrics and taking huge shots of bourbon in a desperate attempt to get his 1978 voice back so that no one will notice the overdubbed vocals...

That's what I thought
Thanks very much for keeping it real

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 25, 2011 00:31

actually i mind less adding lyics/vocals to old instrumentals but since many of these songs were finsihed or close to it, why tamper with them. It doesnt seem like they are "opening the vaults" if they are re-recording the stuff first.

I guess, to be fair, not everyone out there has these songs on bootleg already, and maybe that is who they are marketing these "new" albums to, not us.

Ill buy it when it comes out and I'm sure i'll enjoy it.

Any thoughts out there on Claudine? I cant imagine they feel the need to touch that one up...it was ready for release at the time. Where is Claudine Longet today?

Date: October 25, 2011 00:43

Still very much alive.

You're correct on the second paragraph. Plus, its not us who are giving them millions of dollars to make records and then risking getting our fingers burnt if they deliver a bunch of demos that 95% of people are going to think are worthless and unworthy of a second listen.

I'm not so sure I agree that many of these songs were finished or close to it, though. Based solely on what we've heard of course - there may well be more finished versions of some of these songs in their vaults. They're fun to listen to on bootlegs from a 'forbidden fruit' standpoint, but most of them are - in the versions we know - commercially unreleasable.

You have to look at all of this from a 1978 perspective. Artists werent going to waste studio time and money finishing dozens of songs in the hope that decades later there may be an outlet for them - especially when they only needed about ten for a record and had a deadline.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-25 00:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: October 25, 2011 05:43

They are still the Rolling Stones, if it´s good like the Exile bonus cd i don´t mind wich guitar or vocal are from 2011 or 1977 as long as the Stones are playing. What really pissed me off was Waddy Wachtel playing guitar on Bridges to Babylon.... common band with three guitar players and no point bring Waddy in, with all my respect for him.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 25, 2011 06:01

steini
They are still the Rolling Stones, if it´s good like the Exile bonus cd i don´t mind wich guitar or vocal are from 2011 or 1977 as long as the Stones are playing. What really pissed me off was Waddy Wachtel playing guitar on Bridges to Babylon.... common band with three guitar players and no point bring Waddy in, with all my respect for him.

I concur.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 25, 2011 08:19

please password for this ..... (torrent)??

THE ROLLING STONESSOME GIRLS DISC 2 NEW 2011

thanxs you

Date: October 25, 2011 18:17

Posting the link might help, mariano

If its the same one thats appeared in recent days, its a fake.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:20

ok
thanxs sr.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home