Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ladies and Gentlemen Deluxe Edition On Sale $20
Posted by: Stones32 ()
Date: April 7, 2017 22:42

Hey sorry if this has been posted before...but the Deluxe DVD edition is on sale on Amazon for ~$20, original price $99.

[www.amazon.com]

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen Deluxe Edition On Sale $20
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 7, 2017 23:19

Well alright...thanks. smileys with beer

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 8, 2017 02:33

Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2017 02:39

....$20 bucks for a silk scarf .... mmmmmmmm babeeee that's a bargain ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 8, 2017 03:16

Got it some years ago for the same price. It really isn't worth any more money but for this price go and get it

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 8, 2017 19:19

No. All the cheap scarves and mini-poster reproductions don't make up for a DVD with terrible sound. I got it on Blu-Ray and it's slightly better.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 17, 2017 08:56

After ordering and waiting a week, I just received notice from Amazon that the
item is really not available and my funds were refunded.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2017 02:43

Rockman
....$20 bucks for a silk scarf .... mmmmmmmm babeeee that's a bargain ....

if it's actually silk I'm in, but if it's just some cheap polyester knock-off I'll be pretty pissed.

Date: April 18, 2017 04:46

don't worry..... silk or poly ya gonna be pissed ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 18, 2017 06:02

.double posted. sorry...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-18 07:08 by hopkins.

Date: April 18, 2017 06:14

[www.ebay.com]
SEALED Ladies & Gentlemen THE ROLLING STONES DVD Numbered Deluxe Box Set
$35.99 + $5.00 Shipping ????

are any of these good fidelity? really crisp? because i KNOW this was recorded very well....i saw the quad release in the specially outfitted theater.
it seems i've always had a bootleg vhs then dvd of this show; with varying video and audio quality...
...there's the long beginning and the first two songs easily visible on youtube; i do watch that one a LOT.....the long build up; i love to wait thru all of it; the backstage patter all of it...
.and then it explodes into bs followed by bitch and it's excellent...
[www.youtube.com]

it's just so good and completely triumphant; i ADORE IT....

do they have 'good' product out there with this movie now? whats the history with this; did they remaster or screw it up, or put out inferior copies???
i see everyone wants to sell it but not sure whats at the other end once you're watching and listening what they sell nowadays on this...
i mean Target, Walmat, Best Buy, all the chains are selling it for like under ten bucks...dunno how it sounds tho....does anyone?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

there's this:
[www.uncut.co.uk]

frpm uncut:
"...Certainly, this is a film about which no-one seems to be able to get their story straight – but the main plot details run as follows. When he was assigned the task of documenting the tour, photographer/film-maker Robert Frank had no appetite for recording concert footage, and so commissioned out the work. Staying within the community of underground film-makers to which he and his co-filmmaker Daniel Seymour belonged, Frank chose Steve Gebhardt, a veteran of off-the-wall film-making with among others, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, to do the filming. Roland Binzer, an ad man, directed the finished piece.

At the time of the ’72 tour, it seemed all parties were working on one film, a work where Frank’s candid backstage footage and the live shows caught by Gebhardt would seamlessly join. What in fact happened was a parting of the ways: Frank and Seymour keeping the faith with their version of events (thus starting the still-rumbling saga of their beautiful, freewheeling documentary @#$%& Blues). By way of a salvage job, meanwhile, the live footage found life as Ladies And Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones.

The plan was to create a “virtual concert experience” – even to the extent of the film, and the complex quad sound rig it required, itself going on tour in 1974. Keith Richards, apparently, worked closely with the film-makers to create an authentic quadraphonic sound (which is still, in its 5.1 rendering here, excellent). Jagger, however, seemed to have lost interest in the venture, and without his momentum behind it, the project vanished from view – it was last available on VHS, in Australia, sometime in the early 1980s.

For this substantial DVD release, Jagger has worked up some enthusiasm. There he is in the DVD extras, having a brief chat to introduce the film, albeit preferring to talk about the subsequent, 1975 Stones tour of the USA – though he does say he quite liked Chip Monck’s lighting design for the 1972 tour. He’s not much more candid in a 1972 interview from The Old Grey Whistle Test (also included), but does reveal to Richard Williams that he’s not enormously concerned about the threat to the Stones’ pre-eminence being led by T.Rex. This thoughtfully-compiled package even has footage of the Stones rehearsing for the 1972 tour in a Swiss cinema .

If the pedestrian fixed camera footage means this is not exactly for the casual viewer, for the Stones freak, Ladies And Gentlemen is fantastic stuff. It is, after all, the only official document of the full Exile band, Bobby Keys, Nicky Hopkins, Jim Price et al, in session. And it does give you an inkling what seeing that band might have been like. In his 2010 interview, Jagger says he feared the Stones were sometimes a “sloppy” band – but had been relieved to learn they weren’t always so.

Ladies And Gentlemen… supports that view: from the opening “Brown Sugar” through “Bitch”, “Love In Vain” and “Sweet Virginia” the band are tight but loose, utterly in their element. The view extends to the wider picture, too. Though this was a promotional tour for Exile, and behind the scenes marked the debut of a hugely efficient touring machine, the set never seems geared to “plug” the new album, the explicit drama of the band’s 1969 concerts having evolved to a more intuitively swinging show.

Ultimately, if @#$%& Blues supplies the view of life behind the velvet rope, Ladies and Gentlemen supplies the below-stairs view of the Stones in 1972. This is the popcorn experience, the view of the T-shirt buyer, the $7 ticket holder. As the house lights go up, and Chip Monck announces “we’re through” there begins the sound of a Spitfire’s engines starting. A nod, perhaps, to the band’s private jet. Or maybe to the nature of the touring life itself. Per Ardua Ad Astra, you could say.
Read more at [www.uncut.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-18 07:07 by hopkins.

Date: April 18, 2017 08:28

Rockman
don't worry..... silk or poly ya gonna be pissed ....

true, i can be quite grumpy and hard to please.

Date: April 18, 2017 09:45

.... yeah ya wife told me that .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 25, 2017 04:47

Rockman
.... yeah ya wife told me that .....

ah...she was slumming again.

Date: April 25, 2017 05:32

....no no .... I was the one slumming it ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 25, 2017 09:09

What is the best sound on this currently availale for sale in the states? Or anywhere that could ship here. I'd like to buy a few for gifts but I want to make sure they'd be getting really good sound and presentation. One of these people dosen't know much about The Stones at all. I could copy my own DVD for them but I'd really prefer giving them something brand new. It's nice when an event gift is properly packaged and such. What is currently available that looks and sounds pretty decent? TY

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-25 12:22 by hopkins.

Date: April 25, 2017 12:52

Oh hopkins you've gone and cut the plot from your own story .... hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: April 25, 2017 13:39

haha lol yep, lost the plot. That's why I had to pass that hash-joint to my assistant back there... smiling smiley

Date: May 2, 2017 08:16

Rockman
....no no .... I was the one slumming it ...

I remember now...she gave you the knickname "Softman". Not sure why.

Date: May 2, 2017 08:48

....Awww that's a reference to my gentle nature ...... ask Smooootcheeee she knows me better than anyone ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 9, 2017 01:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-09 01:58 by treaclefingers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home