Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Joseph Rascoff
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: April 30, 2012 21:42

Is Joe Rascoff still affiliated with The Stones or Jagger?

The Rolling Stones are a private and secretive organization. Most of the team, like Joe Rascoff, the band's business manager, and tour director Michael Cohl, stay out of the public eye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 22:35 by Sam Spade.

Re: Joseph Rascoff
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 30, 2012 23:34

Do you really want to know him?

[books.google.fr]

Shake his hand once and you can count your fingers afterwards...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 1, 2012 00:11

dcba
Do you really want to know him?

[books.google.fr]

Shake his hand once and you can count your fingers afterwards...

That looks to be a very interesting book based on just reading a few pages. Whether I'd get any 'pleasure' from buying it is another matter. Makes for depressing reading how shamelessly greedy the concert business is - with one band and one promoter 'leading' the way more than the rest. sad smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 1, 2012 00:29

My reaction is the same as Gazza's. However, I have just requested the book from my ace library...since I knew Mr. Rascoff I don't have a good opinion of him.

I was rather amused when he wanted me to see his NY office. Quite a step up from his earlier beginnings. A huge portrait of Keith in the reception room said it all. The Rolling Stones did a lot for Rascoff.

Date: May 1, 2012 00:40

Just ordered it, anyway...LOL

Have to confess, I've never heard of this guy....

Date: May 1, 2012 02:46

I noticed his name on the credits on the back covers of a few of their albums.

Back in the late '70's thru mid '80's Rascoff handled Mick's dining and entertainment vouchers.

Thanks for the link dcba.

Gazza, this is for you
[www.studiowner.com]

[money.cnn.com]

At each concert Joe Rascoff, the band's business manager, sold merchandise branded with the Steel Wheels logo, from $US450 bomber jackets to skateboards and $US5 bandannas. Rascoff banks on each fan spending $US11 on Stones paraphernalia. Exclusive television rights were parcelled off, including a cable pay-per-view deal, and Cohl produced a giant-screen IMAX concert film.

[www.theage.com.au]

Date: May 1, 2012 02:55

Oh this looks a terrific webpage. Thanks, Sam.

Date: May 1, 2012 03:27

Gazza
Oh this looks a terrific webpage. Thanks, Sam.

You're more than welcome Gazza. Consider it my payback for you taking the time to answer my questions when I picked your brainsmileys with beer

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 1, 2012 04:25

- And how about Kenneth Anger?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 1, 2012 06:18

noughties
- And how about Kenneth Anger?

um, what about him?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 1, 2012 18:36

Well, he probably hadn`t anything to do with the business of things, but he was a Satanist and a homoerotic film-maker born in 1927 and still alive, and, of course, born in California. He met Mick and Keith in the 60s. Question is if he had anything to do with the making of the song "Sympathy for the Devil"?

What happened around the making of the film "Performance" is scary stuff. According to my memory it was made by a person behind a film called "Lucifer Rising". I don`t know if this is the same man.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 23, 2017 23:39

Just read on another site that Joe died earler this month of cancer.
His involvement with The Stones goes back to around 1974, following a chance meeting with Prince Rupert.
New York based and with Bill Zyblast a key figure in the the group's financial management and tours over the period since.
Also Business Manager for other major artists.....U2, David Bowie and tours for Sting and Paul Simon. And work on behalf of the Elvis Presley Estate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home