Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron Wood & Bernard Fowler
Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 14, 2017 00:34

video: [www.youtube.com]

Is there a complete gig , sorry i missed this one , if somebody can tell me anything about this ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 00:38 by 5strings.

Re: Ron Wood & Bernard Fowler
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 14, 2017 00:45

I like that one too; a wink at Joe Tex.
Rockandroll,
Mops
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 14, 2017 03:13

Pretty Beat Up would be awesome to hear Stones play live ... Id prefer Slave, but this is a close second.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 14, 2017 05:33

5 strings, it's from the live album, SLIDE ON LIVE. It was issued twice. Originally by Continuum Records and then by Koch Records. And yes, I wish the Stones played the studio version like this. Just add David Sanborn's sax solo and this would be perfection.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 16, 2017 18:58

Beautiful song.
Wish Ronnie would release another solo album, or do some shows , near amsterdam.
jeroen

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 16, 2017 23:15

This is a great gig. I have the original CD with a cool color booklet. It is clear the pics are taken from video transfer. At the end of the booklet with the credits there is mention of the video that was recorded. So there is a full video they made, just never released. It would be great to get this entire gig on DVD or Blueray! I love this show. Ronnie is playing great. Great tone to his guitar. Great mix, and the band is cooking! The version of Josephine is a classic Stones rocker they could have done. I also love the version of Breath on Me. Far superior from the original with amazing vocals from both Ronnie and Benard.

I was lucky enough after seeing the Stones in Singapore for two nights to run into Bernard. I was coming back to my place from the Gym down on Orchard Street. The main drag of Singapore. I dis this every day where I go to gym after work and walk to my flat cutting through a street bar. It is around 5pm and I do my deal and see this big black guy with dreads sitting with a beautiful Singaporean Chinese woman. I started to look. Bernard and my eyes met. He gave a bit of a crooked smile. Like, yup we both know don't we. And honestly, hand to heart I was listening to a mixed mini disc I made for the gym. It is a cool little machine popular back then. And on my mixed disc is the version of Flying from Slide on This Live (plugged in and Standing). I turn around and come up, sweating, in my gym shorts and a stones T-Shirt. And I say, "hey there Bernard I don't mean to interrupt you, but I have to just tell you, fantastic show last night! And my man, your vocals on the Slide on This Flying are pure beauty and sublime. Thanks for your art my man!" And I turn and start to walk away. Happy to just let him know. And I Hear him yell, "hey, wait a minute!" So I stop and turn around and walk a few steps toward him smiling. And he looks me up and down and shakes his head and starts laughing, "who are you!? Where are you from!?" So I tell him I am an American living and working in Singapore and a big fan and turned and walked away and he called out after me, "thanks so much my friend! Great to meet you!".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home