Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will a better-sounding "Got LIVE If You Want It!" be next?
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 11, 2017 19:09

[www.wired.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-11 21:04 by loog droog.

Re: Will a better-sounding Got LIVE If You Want It be next?
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 11, 2017 19:27

Would love it. It would make sense.
Have it on vinyl (old one and a new one still packed and unplayed) and on CD.
It's with Brian. He was my hero back then before Keith became it in 1968.

Re: Will a better-sounding "Got LIVE If You Want It!" be next?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 11, 2017 22:03

They cleaned up The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl, so it wouldn't be too difficult a task. Likewise, the Dylan 66 concerts sound pretty nifty.

Re: Will a better-sounding "Got LIVE If You Want It!" be next?
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 12, 2017 10:23

It would make sense, but I don't see it coming after ABKCO's recent Charlie Is My Darling-release and the fact that they did not even release the fantastic Live In England 1965 as a standalone project outside the Super Deluxe box set.

The major obstacle probably is that the Stones have countless live albums out already whereas the Beatles have only one as their touring years were relatively short and the workable live tapes consist just of the 1964 and 1965 Bowl recordings.

That said, I would love to see ABKCO working more on the catalog they control - deluxe and expanded versions of the studio sets, unreleased stereo mixes, BBC tracks and of course live tapes from the Brian Jones years as well as the 1969 and 1970 tours, but unlike the Beatles, the Stones history is still a continuing story and from some reactions of obviously younger fans here on this board one sometimes gets the impression that their 60's recordings are not always top priority even amongst their fan base.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2054
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home