Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Mary Tyler Moore
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 25, 2017 21:53

Mary Tyler Moore dead at 80: [www.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-25 21:59 by 2000 LYFH.

Re: OT: RIP Mary Tyler Moore
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 25, 2017 22:06

Sad news. I loved her in the MTM series, but her performance in Ordinary People blew me away.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: January 25, 2017 22:08

Very sad smiley Sad...

RIP
Mary Tyler Moore
You will live forever... and ever... and ever... forever

I guess 2016 wasn't an anomaly
I guess 2016 was just the first year our favorite famous people started passing away en masse and I guess it is going to be like this from now on.
sad smiley

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: January 25, 2017 22:22

Who can turn the world on with her smile?

Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: January 25, 2017 22:29

Well it's Mary Tyler Moore and you should know it

With each glance and every little movement she showed it

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 25, 2017 22:29

HankM
I guess 2016 was just the first year our favorite famous people started passing away en masse and I guess it is going to be like this from now on.
sad smiley

It's inevitable, we might as well get used to it...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 25, 2017 22:52

Koen
HankM
sad smiley

It's inevitable, we might as well get used to it...

That may be the saddest part of all... the fact that we will get used to it and become accustomed to it will start making it seem "normal". Which I guess it basically is, after all. Still, I don't want to get to the point where I become so desensitized to it that I hear of someone's passing and not be moved.

RIP Ms. Moore. I can't thank you enough for the many hours of enjoyment your characters have brought me over the years. Here's hoping that I can find some MTM Show reruns on TV tonight.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 25, 2017 22:55

Very sad loved her as youngster...........RIP Mary.............

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 25, 2017 23:00

I count myself lucky to live during a time when I was able to witness so many great, ground breaking accomplishments - in the arts, sciences, all areas of human endeavour. Unfortunately, they are now passing on, but have paved the way for many others to have their own chance to shine.

So shine on, MTM, and thank you. Safe journey.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 25, 2017 23:03

People need to realize that the second half of the 20th century saw an unprecedented explosion of pop culture in movies, TV, music, etc., and many of the celebrities from the beginning of that era are aging out.

2016 wasn't an anomaly. It's going to be the new normal for the foreseeable future.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 25, 2017 23:15

Very sad.
I loved her in the Dick Van Dyke Show (1960s).

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 25, 2017 23:37

R.I.P., Ms Mary Tyler Moore. When you get to those pearly gates show 'em the one thing Mister Grant hated, spunk.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 25, 2017 23:38

keefriff99
People need to realize that the second half of the 20th century saw an unprecedented explosion of pop culture in movies, TV, music, etc., and many of the celebrities from the beginning of that era are aging out.

2016 wasn't an anomaly. It's going to be the new normal for the foreseeable future.

This really sums it up. Same thing has happened in my family...only my two brothers (and some cousins) are left, but the entire older generation of parents, grandparents, aunt and uncles is completely gone.

As for Mary, I was too young for the Dick Van Dyke Show, but watched all of the Mary Tyler Moore Show during its initial run - what a great show. Amazingly, other than Ted Knight, who passed away 30 years ago, the rest of the cast was still around until now.

Seems like I was just watching the memorable final episode of the MTM Show...yet it was 40 years ago.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 26, 2017 00:57

Sad, I grew up watching both the Dick Van Dyke show and the Mary Tyler Moore show.

"You're gonna make it after all..."

RIP Mary.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: January 26, 2017 03:18

Husker Du : Love Is All Around

[youtu.be]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 26, 2017 04:00

Jah Paul
keefriff99

This really sums it up. Same thing has happened in my family...only my two brothers (and some cousins) are left, but the entire older generation of parents, grandparents, aunt and uncles is completely gone.

As for Mary, I was too young for the Dick Van Dyke Show, but watched all of the Mary Tyler Moore Show during its initial run - what a great show. Amazingly, other than Ted Knight, who passed away 30 years ago, the rest of the cast was still around until now.

Seems like I was just watching the memorable final episode of the MTM Show...yet it was 40 years ago.

I was very young but realized Mary had her act together. Now Ted.........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home