Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Technical Stuff, setting Low Pass, High Pass Crossovers
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 30, 2016 19:59

Ok fellow sound enthusiasts.
I am running a rig using Emotiva XSP-1 Gen II pre-amp. Powered by Emotiva XPA-2 amp (500 watts/channle mono block), a XDA-2 DAC, and a Thornes TD 209 turntable with an Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge. Speakers are nOrh Marble 7 speakers. And a Klipsch 100-SW (200 watt) subwoofer.

Ok, I am not really technical, and am attempting to use my tuner manuel setting for High Pass and Low Pass crossover. You sent this by switching a switch on the back of the tuner for each cross over from full to manual. There are two screws, one for each cross over with no gradiation, it goes from 50 Hz to 250 Hz on each. So with my subwoofer I am attempting to set the crossovers manual, and am struggling with getting a good sound. I am finding the high signal (trebble) is maxing out my tweeters sounding a bit distorted.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I could just go back to Full auto, but I think I can get more out of my system if I can master this operation.

Here is a photo of the High Pass Crossover and Low Pass Crossover selection on the back of my preamp.

I am trying to post a pic from photobucket but the link will not copy for some reason. Sorry folks. I will keep trying.
[i43.photobucket.com]

URL=http://s43.photobucket.com/user/mdturner64/media/XSP%20Crossover%20labeled_zps579ugn7e.jpg.html][/URL]

This is a picture where someone has lableled the HZ more detailed than what is on the tuner.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-30 20:15 by whitem8.

Re: OT: Technical Stuff, setting Low Pass, High Pass Crossovers
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 30, 2016 20:40

The crossover points depending on the lowest frequency of the Speakers and the highest frequency of the Subwoofer.

Maybe this helps:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

More infos are quite easily to find via search engine: "subwoofer crossover".

Re: OT: Technical Stuff, setting Low Pass, High Pass Crossovers
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 31, 2016 01:12

Ok, thanks for the videos,
So my speakers specs are:
Response - 3 dB at 43 Hz (43 to 20,000 Hz)
-10 dB at 33 Hz
Crossover frequency 3,000 Hz

So this confuses me on where to set the Low Pass and High Pass crossover on my tuner. The subwoofer, that I can manage. I get that. But it is my tuner that I am stuck on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home