Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Promo activities NYC
Posted by: JoT839 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 17:12

A lot of things are going down in November/December The opening of the Exhibitionism on November 12 and the release of the Blue & Lonesome album on Dec 2.

I'm sure Mick & Co won't miss the opportunity to promote the hell out of it, and obviously NYC is the place it will happen.. So, there's gotta be someone out there with some insight of what might be in the works;

-The Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon - That's got to be a given, question is, on what date?, will it only be Mick or Keith doing an interview, or perhaps the whole band playing a couple of tunes from the new album? (I guess their gear was in Boston recently so..)

-Saturday Night Live, what would be cooler than playing on SNL again 38 years later.They are warmed up and ready, A couple of blues number shouldn't be a problem, right?

-Regular boring red-carpet at the Exhibitionism opening, but what day will that be then?

-Or if they ask me, do the truck thing again down the 5th Avenue...With today's social media kicking in high gear that could be something special!

OK, I need to start queuing for the Tonight Show tickets, so let's hear it..

Re: Promo activities NYC
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 1, 2016 06:27

JoT839
A lot of things are going down in November/December The opening of the Exhibitionism on November 12 and the release of the Blue & Lonesome album on Dec 2.

I'm sure Mick & Co won't miss the opportunity to promote the hell out of it, and obviously NYC is the place it will happen.. So, there's gotta be someone out there with some insight of what might be in the works;

-The Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon - That's got to be a given, question is, on what date?, will it only be Mick or Keith doing an interview, or perhaps the whole band playing a couple of tunes from the new album? (I guess their gear was in Boston recently so..)

-Saturday Night Live, what would be cooler than playing on SNL again 38 years later.They are warmed up and ready, A couple of blues number shouldn't be a problem, right?

-Regular boring red-carpet at the Exhibitionism opening, but what day will that be then?

-Or if they ask me, do the truck thing again down the 5th Avenue...With today's social media kicking in high gear that could be something special!

OK, I need to start queuing for the Tonight Show tickets, so let's hear it..

thumbs up NYC

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 1, 2016 06:56

I have tickets for November 12th...can't wait.

Not expecting them to show up.

Pecman

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2016 06:57

In all truthiness I think they should go on Stephen Colbert.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: November 1, 2016 07:59

Too bad about about Jimmy Fallon....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-01 08:27 by Socrates1.

Date: November 1, 2016 09:51

I hope they stay away from SNL. That thing is dead.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 1, 2016 17:40

I would be very surprised if Mick and Keith didn't put themselves out and do some promotional work. After London, NYC seems to be their location of choice.
If the Glimmers relationship really had improved in the last year or so then some joint PR might be expected. Will be a good 'test'.
Its also an excellent opportunity to plug the Blues album at,lets be honest, little effort. Some TV and Radio shows also,which are usually far better than the spate of bland and shallow magazine interviews/features which usually end up telling us nothing new.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 1, 2016 21:40

treaclefingers
In all truthiness I think they should go on Stephen Colbert.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 1, 2016 21:46

They like Jimmy, I think

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: November 1, 2016 22:37

Keith likes jimmy he has done a lot of solo promo there. And remember Exile Week way back in 2010? Pretty sure mick doesn't do sit down late night interviews though. If they are following the formula of London the red carpet will be the evening before the first day of the exhibit and there will be autographs signed so be sure to show up early!

Would like to see them back on SNL but I'm not sure if they would do it. Guess we'll just have to sit back and wait.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 1, 2016 23:25

alieb
Keith likes jimmy he has done a lot of solo promo there. And remember Exile Week way back in 2010? Pretty sure mick doesn't do sit down late night interviews though. If they are following the formula of London the red carpet will be the evening before the first day of the exhibit and there will be autographs signed so be sure to show up early!

Would like to see them back on SNL but I'm not sure if they would do it. Guess we'll just have to sit back and wait.

You're right, can't remember the last time Mick did them on UK TV also.
Dylan and Sinatra have/were also shy of such exposure.

Any thoughts why Mick isn't inclined anymore?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 1, 2016 23:59

...Mick should do car pool Karaoke with James Corden..one of the funniest segments....Gaga took the show over last week...[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: November 2, 2016 02:00

Rip This
...Mick should do car pool Karaoke with James Corden..one of the funniest segments....Gaga took the show over last week...[www.youtube.com]

Erm.......No they shouldn't. It's awful!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 2, 2016 02:26

...his karaoke segments are epic..look them up....and yes Mick really should.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 2, 2016 02:58

strat72
Rip This

They're fun, strat. The one with Michelle Obama in the White House driveway is awesome. I bet Mick would enjoy it!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 2, 2016 03:14

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2016 07:05

latebloomer
strat72
Rip This

They're fun, strat. The one with Michelle Obama in the White House driveway is awesome. I bet Mick would enjoy it!

isn't that Barack? ...and Jerry Seinfeld??

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 2, 2016 19:26

treaclefingers
latebloomer
strat72
Rip This

isn't that Barack? ...and Jerry Seinfeld??

That's Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee - also epic! grinning smiley

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: November 10, 2016 09:30

This post just didn't work out.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-10 16:56 by Socrates1.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 10, 2016 16:50

alieb
Keith likes jimmy he has done a lot of solo promo there. And remember Exile Week way back in 2010? Pretty sure mick doesn't do sit down late night interviews though.

Those "late night" shows are filmed/"taped"/recorded at 5PM.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 10, 2016 22:37

jlowe
alieb

You're right, can't remember the last time Mick did them on UK TV also.
Dylan and Sinatra have/were also shy of such exposure.

Any thoughts why Mick isn't inclined anymore?
He's simply too guarded and uptight.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 11, 2016 16:25

Coming down the staircase at Trump Tower? smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 11, 2016 19:07

Just saw Sting on the Today show (I don't normally watch at all)
Okay so Sting's good looking w/ a sexy accent, cool band, his new music was pretty good actually, nice close up shot of Sting's pic on the iPhone so you can download it too, and,
Please RS don't play and promote like this.
Stay above.
You are way above.
I know selling is a B.
Guess you have to ask just how important the numbers are to you.
But, part of me would be aghast the ever elusive Mick and Keith together,
to simply blending in the background dim on TV while my kids eat breakfast.
Much rather them cost $7 mil. to appear.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home