Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bryan Adams doesn’t want Stones at Olympics
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: September 15, 2011 10:11

jamesfdouglas
BluzDude
Now, now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions! ...

HAHA!
(likely the only one who got that South Park reference)
>grinning smiley<

I did too, one of the many great quotes in that film.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 10:12

The only song of Adams' I kind of like is his theme song to the Depp/Brando movie DON JUAN DEMARCO, and when I saw him open for the Stones in Anaheim that song—"Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman"—was currently a hit and he didn't even play it! And then I realized that, because it was a Stones crowd, Adams was desperately avoiding any songs that were remotely soft, and playing his most hard rocking stuff. I felt he shouldn't have been so uptight about playing to a Stones crowd.

Date: September 15, 2011 10:15

i enjoy reading the comments of the idiots who obviously didn't read the article and also don't know in his home country of canada is still a huge star

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 15, 2011 13:25

Seen him open for the Stones a few times.

Especially remember Imst where his bass kept packng up in the rain. Met him at Innsbruck airport the next day, very friendly and down to earth. He told me what all his bass problems were aboot. Prefer Terrance & Philip these days.

Anyone here know the Canadian song on Mystery Science Theater 3000 which starts off as gentle ribbing and ends with horror at the lyrics?

Sorry Canadian IORnRs, please forgive me. I had a great time in Toronto in 2002

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 13:50

Edith Grove
So, a Bon Jovi wannabe doesn't want the Stones at the Olympics.

Can you blame him?

No offence, but I personally can't see a reason to call Bryan a Bon Jovi wannabe.

Anyway, the only sentence in the article about this topic is: Bryan Adams said: 'Whatever you do, don't do any Olympic openings,' after he did the winter Games in Canada,” Mick explained. So no disrespect of The Stones on Bryan's side, as the title clerly suggests. Stupid, stupid, stupid article. Just like so many others. I have already writen a post in the "Jagger says Don't hold breath" thread, but then I didn't post it. It is just a waste of time to react to this kind of b...t. (Still, I do it now anyway, right?)

Speaking about Bryan Adams - I watched one How I Met Your Mother episode recetly and Robin, who is Canadian (for those who don't know the sitcom) said about Bruce Sprigsteen there: "Bruce Springsteen, he is like an American Bryan Adams, right?" :-)

Or South Park:

Canadian minister: Our country hasn't done anything bad to your coutry.
American minister: Don't forget about Bryan Adams!
Canadian minister: Our goverment has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions.

I like Bryan by the way, saw him in 2006 and again this year, both concerts were great.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-16 09:43 by Happy24.

Date: September 15, 2011 13:53

BluzDude
Now, now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions! ...

I didn't see your post and just posted the same. It is a grat joke

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 15, 2011 14:27

jpasc95
is Bryan Adams looking fro trouble ? does he want his carrer to end up dramatically ?
it's already done ? oh sorry, I didn't know...

have you actually read the article or did you just think all of that up by yourself?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 15:51

Gazza
jpasc95
is Bryan Adams looking fro trouble ? does he want his carrer to end up dramatically ?

have you actually read the article or did you just think all of that up by yourself?
oh well, do I have to plead guilty your Excellency ?!
as you probably remember, i am a Neanderthal, I am not responsible of myself so it's probably my legal tutor that wrote these words !

come on gazza, you should'nt take everything at the first degree.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 15, 2011 16:20

Gazza
jpasc95

I'm not even sure PGAROF read it...and he started the thread.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: September 15, 2011 16:20

Just saw on Contact Music that Mick doesn't want Bryan Adams at the Marquee Club for the 50th Anniversary of the first Stones gig. I knew something like this would happen. Why did Bryan have to open his big mouth and start Olympic-gate?

Date: September 15, 2011 16:24

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Just saw on Contact Music that Mick doesn't want Bryan Adams at the Marquee Club for the 50th Anniversary of the first Stones gig. I knew something like this would happen. Why did Bryan have to open his big mouth and start Olympic-gate?

...and Bryan Adams doesn't want the Olympics to attend a Stones concert either. This is getting weird. winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 15, 2011 18:06

Well, not me either.

- Doxa

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 15, 2011 18:45

keefriffhard4life
bryan adams is one of those artists people are afraid to admit they like his music. i like his stuff, at least before the year 2000, a lot. i can easily say adams could write a radio hook like no one else could from 1980-1997

Yeps - at least 3 great albums: Cuts Like a Knife, Reckless, Into the Fire and at least in 80'ies and 90'ies great in consert.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 15, 2011 18:57

mtaylor
keefriffhard4life
bryan adams is one of those artists people are afraid to admit they like his music. i like his stuff, at least before the year 2000, a lot. i can easily say adams could write a radio hook like no one else could from 1980-1997

Yeps - at least 3 great albums: Cuts Like a Knife, Reckless, Into the Fire and at least in 80'ies and 90'ies great in consert.
Yeah besides the schmaltzy ballads.Bryan Adams could rock pretty good. Not ashamed to say I'm a fan. Tons better than Bon Jovi that's for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-15 19:01 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: September 15, 2011 18:59

sweetcharmedlife
mtaylor
keefriffhard4life

Yeah besides the schmaltzy ballads.Bruan Andms could rock pretty good. Not ashamed to say I'm a fan. Tons better than Bon Jovi that's for sure.

yes..i don't get the comparison to bon jovi at all.

heard an interview with Bryan Adams recently that confirmed my suspicions.
The song SUMMER OF 69 had absolutely nothing to do with the year 1969. winking smiley

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 15, 2011 19:04

Happy24
It is just a waist of time to react...

I didn't know time had a waist! What size waist is that that is reacting? 36? 34? 42?

Date: September 16, 2011 09:47

DragonSky
Happy24

I didn't know time had a waist! What size waist is that that is reacting? 36? 34? 42?

:-) yea, guilty, I am not a native English speaker and wrong spelling might sometimes result in funny things like that. Thanks for pointing that out, I corrected my post. At least I see someone read it :-)

Date: September 16, 2011 10:44

Happy24
DragonSky
Happy24

:-) yea, guilty, I am not a native English speaker and wrong spelling might sometimes result in funny things like that. Thanks for pointing that out, I corrected my post. At least I see someone read it :-)

don't feel bad. this hott girl from italy i know does the same thing with the word waist and waste

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:55

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 16, 2011 17:41

My dad made me a fan of the Olympics, says Jagger
Matthew Beard, Olympics Editor
16 Sep 2011
[www.thisislondon.co.uk]

Sir Mick Jagger today spoke for the first time about his passion for the Olympics - inspired by his late father's lifetime dedication to sport.

The rock legend revealed that his family has a historic link to the Olympics because his father Joe was a judge at the 1948 London Games.

Jagger will attend his third Olympics next year after going to Montreal in 1976 and the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver.

He told the Standard: "My father took me to track and field meetings, and athletics has always remained my favourite at the Olympics.

"I follow the meetings on TV and will be in the Olympic Stadium next year. I love the boxing too because you get to see more bouts and young talent. You don't get the rest of the stuff with big-time boxing, with all the build-up and the bullshit."

The Rolling Stone's heroes are sprinter Usain Bolt and British 5000m world champion Mo Farah. He admits he will feel nervous for the host nation's athletes.

"It's awful being at home for a lot of them because they are so pumped up with expectations. Somehow it is too much pressure. It would be terrible if we didn't win a medal."

He told with pride how Joe Jagger was an official for an Olympic canoeing event on the Thames at Henley. Jagger snr, who died aged 93 in 2006, dedicated a lifetime to sport as a government adviser, television presenter and author.

Sir Mick, who was four at the time of the "Austerity Games", said: "My father told me he really wanted to get into the canoe slalom event for Britain's team.

"He didn't make the squad but still wanted to be there. So he pitched in and did some judging. We were proud of him being in the event. It was after the war and I think it cheered everyone up."

His father received an official judge's ribbon to pin on his blue blazer, which remains a cherished Jagger heirloom.

Sir Mick backed the London 2012 bid - despite fearing it had "no hope" - by lending his name to a line-up of cultural ambassadors including Sir Elton John.

But he has not been approached by opening ceremony supremo Danny Boyle and it seems unlikely he will perform at the curtain-raise. Jagger, whose band will mark its 50th anniversary next year, admitted he has been put off by London 2012's widely mocked handover ceremony at the Beijing Games featuring Jimmy Page and Leona Lewis performing on the back of London bus

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 18:00

Mick Jagger interviewed by Jay McInerney in 1985 ESQUIRE: "The British Olympic gymnastics team asked me for some money, and I said, `Well, how much does the whole thing cost?' I think Keith sponsored the judo team."

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 16, 2011 18:02

was it the actual jimmy page or a picture of jimmy page? if it was the real jimmy page then bryan adams shouldn't not want the RS at the olympics. if it was a picture then it's ok.

Date: September 16, 2011 18:03

It was Jimmy Page himself. performing with leona Lewis.

The whole thing looked bloody ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-16 18:04 by Gazza.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 16, 2011 19:33

like the umbrellas...

Date: September 16, 2011 19:38

..and yet people actually want to see the GRNRBITW be a part of something as preposterous and cheesy as this?

If Adams did anything to persuade Jagger that it was a bad idea, then he deserves an OBE or some kind of Lifetime Achievement Award, not brickbats.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 16, 2011 21:17

Sir Mick is a real British patriot...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 18, 2011 20:01

Gazza
..and yet people actually want to see the GRNRBITW be a part of something as preposterous and cheesy as this?

If Adams did anything to persuade Jagger that it was a bad idea, then he deserves an OBE or some kind of Lifetime Achievement Award, not brickbats.
Ok it took me a second to figure this one out.GRNRBITW.
First time I ever saw it abbreviated.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 19, 2011 01:21

Cuts Like a Knife is a great song...IMHO

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home