Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Information help on "authentic" '72 tour poster
Posted by: Ram ()
Date: August 25, 2016 17:56

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/nHcAAOSwzJ5XcEjV/$_3.JPG]Link to the photo[/url]
I'm thinking about getting this promo poster but I can't seem to find anything about it. Can anyone tell me if this is truly authentic or fake or whatever. I wish it was in color but it's a cool piece and I like how it displays the dates and locations.

Brian had some kind of genius for finding people, didn't he?
-"He did. He got us together – Charlie, Mick and me."-"Life" by Keith Richards

Roll Tide

Re: Information help on "authentic" '72 tour poster
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 25, 2016 19:20

The picture from the (not working) eBay-link above:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 20:40 by Irix.

Date: August 25, 2016 19:30

The Tour Poster above looks like a page from a Magazine - the question would be: 'Which one?'.

The original Tour Poster was designed & illustrated by John Pasche: [www.johnpasche.com] · [www.rollingstonesposters.co.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 19:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 25, 2016 19:37

Irix
The Tour Poster above looks like a copy from a page in a Magazine - the question would be: 'Which one?'.

The original Tour Poster was designed by John Pasche: [www.johnpasche.com] · [www.rollingstonesposters.co.uk] .

It looks like page 2 from Rolling Stone magazine to me. The top-right corner is blurred on purpose for some reason.

Date: August 25, 2016 19:50

Ram

I wish it was in color but it's a cool piece and I like how it displays the dates and locations.

I like how it displays the Ticket prices from that time: $4.50; $5.00; $5.50; $6.00; $6.50 .... smiling smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 25, 2016 20:10

that framed one is definetly a page from a magazine,it even says"page 2" at the top.i wouldn't go off trying to buy an "original", especially the 72 poster-

1.you could get ripped off and end up paying 2 or 300 dollars for a fake.and
2.the brand new ones are identical to the ones sold at the shows, so even if you did get an actual original copy you'd just pay more for a yellowing poster.

as a collector myself i do understand wanting an original though.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: August 25, 2016 20:26

Thank you Irix I didn't know the link was not working but yes it is the framed black and white one. Thank you all for your help.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 26, 2016 02:23

The color version has two numbers under the A in American - eg: 150/500 along with the signatures.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home