Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones @ Newcastle 1982 - News Articles and Quiz Leaflet
Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:55

Found up in my loft last year. Who can answer the questions without cheating (no internet in 1982 of course)?

Anyone have memories of this gig? Remember it all being very exciting and I still have a mental picture of it in my head but no particular incidents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-27 19:29 by JumpinJimF.

Re: Stones @ Newcastle 1982 - Quiz Leaflet
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:58

"This is Newcastle...!"

Great find, thanks!

Date: July 27, 2016 19:00

I also have a long review and pics from the Newcastle Journal the next day which I will scan when I get a minute. And a poster somewhere which is too big to scan but maybe I can take a pic.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 27, 2016 19:03

The answer to question no. 2 is wrong: they didn't tour America before 1964. Also Ned Kelly was released earlier than 1979 (but maybe it's British premiere was later, I don't know).

Date: July 27, 2016 19:25

So here goes with the newspaper. First the front page in two parts.

Cost me more than £1 though. Stones bigger than Blyth Spartans - wow!

(The other news articles are interesting - whatever happened to local journalism in the last 34 years?)

Date: July 27, 2016 19:29

And here is the article from p5.

"A smell of grass hung over the grass". I remember that bit.

"An unrecognisable song with but little substance"! Will have to look that up on setlist.fm.

Re: Stones @ Newcastle 1982 - News Articles and Quiz Leaflet
Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: July 27, 2016 23:44

Yes I was there, and again in 1990..........

The most memorable thing (apart from the great show) about that mid summers day is that it was unseasonably cold........

That was in direct contrast to the 1990 show which even had Jagger commenting that it was so warm it was like Miami!

The full show was recorded I believe, and I would love to see an official release!

So many memories.

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: July 28, 2016 00:39

I was there as well. I remember Keith flapping his arms around himself to keep warm it was so cold.

I also have a similar quiz sheet from Leeds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-28 00:42 by cooheid.

Date: July 28, 2016 14:17

cooheid
I was there as well. I remember Keith flapping his arms around himself to keep warm it was so cold.

I also have a similar quiz sheet from Leeds.

The Leeds audio release was excellent, must have been a good gig. Friends who went seemed to have enjoyed it.

Date: July 28, 2016 14:23

68to72

Yes I was there, and again in 1990..........

The most memorable thing (apart from the great show) about that mid summers day is that it was unseasonably cold........

That was in direct contrast to the 1990 show which even had Jagger commenting that it was so warm it was like Miami!

The full show was recorded I believe, and I would love to see an official release!

So many memories.

Thanks for the video. I remember a short slot on local BBC TV the next day which may have been the same thing. Didn't know the whole thing was filmed though - yes a release would be good.

I remember some drizzle but it was fairly packed on the pitch area so I don't remember feeling the cold, which was probably just a typical N.East summer day anyway winking smiley

1990 I was at Manchester Maine Road. Good memories (2000 LYFH and Factory Girl) and found some audio via this site a while ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home