Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Eric Clapton Crossroads Revisited
Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: June 12, 2016 18:30

Crossroads Revisited Selections From The Crossroads Guitar Festivals

Another cool blues/rock "soundtrack to the summer-holiday" coming up :
( Ronnie will be there ( or was ) cool smiley )

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-13 17:36 by bv.

Re: Crossroads Revisited Selections From The Crossroads Guitar Festivals
Date: June 12, 2016 23:58

excited but rather wish it was 4 cd's with each clapton set from the 4 festivals and then other stuff added at the end of each disc

Re: OT: Eric Clapton Crossroads Revisited
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 14, 2016 01:39

Talking about Eric, here is an article about his increasing inability to play guitar. Very sad for him. Let's see how many more times we will see him on stage.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Rock star Eric Clapton has said damage to his nervous system is making it difficult to play the guitar.
The acclaimed musician told Classic Rock magazine he "can still play" but added it was "hard work".
"I've had quite a lot of pain over the last year. It started with lower back pain, and turned into what they call peripheral neuropathy.
"[It's] hard work to play the guitar and I've had to come to terms with the fact that it will not improve."
But he added that given his life had been fraught with addiction "I consider it a great thing to be alive at all".
"By rights I should have kicked the bucket a long time ago," said the 71-year-old star, who recently released his 23rd studio album, I Still Do.
Clapton achieved global fame in the 1970s with acclaimed songs including Crossroads and Layla, but his widely-acknowledged talent was tainted by addiction, first to heroin and later to alcohol and prescription drugs.
"I don't know how I survived - the Seventies especially," said Clapton. "For some reason I was plucked from the jaws of hell and given another chance."
In 2013, Clapton was forced to cancel several tour dates because of back pain. In the interviews, he likened the pain to "electric shocks going down your leg".
Peripheral neuropathy develops when nerves in the body's extremities - such as the hands, feet and arms - are damaged. There are a number of possible causes, including excessive alcohol consumption.
"I mean, it's hard work sometimes, the physical side of it - just getting old, man, is hard," said the guitarist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 02:13 by mtaylor.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 14, 2016 02:00

"I consider it a great thing to be alive at all"

Sad that he's in pain, but that's a good attitude to have. Clapton did turn his life around and seems to be an overall good guy now. Thanks for the article link, mtaylor.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: June 15, 2016 21:53

"excited but rather wish it was 4 cd's with each clapton set from the 4 festivals and then other stuff added at the end of each disc"

Yep you are right there : keefriffhard4life ; that would be great ofcourse , but as far as I can see , some of what`s coming , havn`t been out before .I`m not 100 pct. sure though , but at least we get a very nice " greatest hits "( nearly four hours ) from the events with some of the Planet`s best guitar-players performing at the 4 festivals & hopefully in a good remastering ....

E.C Crossroads Revisted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-15 22:03 by ComeOn.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 15, 2016 22:55

CROSSROADS REVISITED: SELECTIONS FROM THE CROSSROADS GUITAR FESTIVALS
Track Listing:

Disc One
1. “Sweet Home Chicago” – Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, Hubert Sumlin, & Jimmie Vaughan (2004)
2. “Rock Me Baby” – Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, & Jimmie Vaughan (2004)
3. “Steam Roller” – James Taylor with Joe Walsh (2004)
4. “What The Cowgirls Do” – Vince Gill with Jerry Douglas (2004)
5. “After Midnight” – J.J. Cale with Eric Clapton (2004)
6. “Green Light Girl” – Doyle Bramhall II (2004)
7. “Hell At Home” – Sonny Landreth with Eric Clapton (2007)
8. “City Love” – John Mayer (2004)
9. “Funk 49” – Joe Walsh (2004)
10. “Drums Of Passion (Jingo)” – Carlos Santana with Eric Clapton (2004)
11. “Cause We’ve Ended As Lovers” – Jeff Beck (2007)
12. “Have You Ever Loved A Woman (Blues In C)” – Eric Clapton (2004)
13. “Layla” – Eric Clapton (2004)

Disc Two
1. “Little By Little” – Susan Tedeschi with The Derek Trucks Band (2007)
2. “Poor Johnny” – The Robert Cray Band (2007)
3. “Paying The Cost To Be The Boss” – B.B. King with The Robert Cray Band, Jimmie, Vaughan, & Hubert Sumlin (2007)
4. “Tulsa Time” – Sheryl Crow with Eric Clapton, Vince Gill, & Albert Lee (2007)
5. “On The Road Again” – Willie Nelson with Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill, & Albert Lee (2007)
6. “Isn’t It A Pity” – Eric Clapton (2007)
7. “Belief” – John Mayer (2007)
8. “Mas Y Mas” – Los Lobos (2007)
9. “Big Block” – Jeff Beck (2007)
10. “Presence Of The Lord” – Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton (2007)
11. “Cocaine” – Eric Clapton (2004)
12. “Waiting For The Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago” – ZZ Top (2010)
13. “Don’t Owe You A Thing” – Gary Clark Jr. (2010)
14. “Bright Lights” – Gary Clark Jr. (2010)

Disc Three
1. “Our Love Is Fading” – Sheryl Crow with Eric Clapton, Doyle Bramhall II, & Gary Clark Jr. (2010)
2. “Lay Down Sally” – Vince Gill with Sheryl Crow, Keb’ Mo’, Albert Lee, James Burton, & Earl Klugh (2010)
3. “Space Captain” – Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band with Warren Haynes, David Hildago, Cesar Rosas, & Chris Stainton (2010)
4. “Hammerhead” – Jeff Beck (2010)
5. “Five Long Years” – Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang & Ronnie Wood (2010)
6. “Hear My Train A Comin’” – Doyle Brahmhall II (2010)
7. “Dear Mr. Fantasy” – Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton (2010)
8. “Born Under A Bad Sign” – Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb’ Mo’, Blake Mills, Matt “Guitar” Murphy, & Albert Lee (2013)
9. “Everyday I Get The Blues” – The Robert Ctay Band with B.B. King, Eric Clapton, & Jimmie Vaughan (2013)
10. “Please Come Home” – Gary Clark Jr. (2013)
11. “Tumbling Dice” – Vince Gill with Keith Urban & Albert Lee (2013)
12. “I Shot The Sheriff” – Eric Clapton (2010)
13. “Crossroads” – Eric Clapton (2013)

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 15, 2016 23:10

From a press release for the set:
"...Amazing performances by Clapton are featured throughout the set, including his cover of George Harrison's "Isn't It A Pity" and a smoking electric version of "Layla" that was included as a hidden track on the Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004 DVD. But it's Slowhand's on-stage collaborations that really shine here, like playing "After Midnight" with J.J. Cale, who wrote the hit song, and breaking out Blind Faith's "Presence Of The Lord" with Steve Winwood, who was in the band with Clapton.
Naturally, the all-star jams deliver some of the collection's most unforgettable moments. Among the highlights are: "Paying The Cost To Be The Boss" with B.B. King, Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughn and Hubert Sumlin; "Five Long Years" with Buddy Guy, Ronnie Wood and Jonny Lang; and "Steamroller" with James Taylor and Joe Walsh."

Date: June 16, 2016 06:36

ComeOn
"excited but rather wish it was 4 cd's with each clapton set from the 4 festivals and then other stuff added at the end of each disc"

Yep you are right there : keefriffhard4life ; that would be great ofcourse , but as far as I can see , some of what`s coming , havn`t been out before .I`m not 100 pct. sure though , but at least we get a very nice " greatest hits "( nearly four hours ) from the events with some of the Planet`s best guitar-players performing at the 4 festivals & hopefully in a good remastering ....

E.C Crossroads Revisted

yeah theres nothing wrong with whats being released but rather just have his 4 sets and then the stuff he guested on and maybe a few other things. even the title of the release makes it seem this is all about clapton

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 16, 2016 08:17

mtaylor
Talking about Eric, here is an article about his increasing inability to play guitar. Very sad for him. Let's see how many more times we will see him on stage.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Rock star Eric Clapton has said damage to his nervous system is making it difficult to play the guitar.
The acclaimed musician told Classic Rock magazine he "can still play" but added it was "hard work".
"I've had quite a lot of pain over the last year. It started with lower back pain, and turned into what they call peripheral neuropathy.
"[It's] hard work to play the guitar and I've had to come to terms with the fact that it will not improve."
But he added that given his life had been fraught with addiction "I consider it a great thing to be alive at all".
"By rights I should have kicked the bucket a long time ago," said the 71-year-old star, who recently released his 23rd studio album, I Still Do.
Clapton achieved global fame in the 1970s with acclaimed songs including Crossroads and Layla, but his widely-acknowledged talent was tainted by addiction, first to heroin and later to alcohol and prescription drugs.
"I don't know how I survived - the Seventies especially," said Clapton. "For some reason I was plucked from the jaws of hell and given another chance."
In 2013, Clapton was forced to cancel several tour dates because of back pain. In the interviews, he likened the pain to "electric shocks going down your leg".
Peripheral neuropathy develops when nerves in the body's extremities - such as the hands, feet and arms - are damaged. There are a number of possible causes, including excessive alcohol consumption.
"I mean, it's hard work sometimes, the physical side of it - just getting old, man, is hard," said the guitarist.

I feel for the guy. My wife suffered from peripheral neuropathy for years. The pain is constant. Finally, 2 years ago she had a "spinal cord stimulator" placed in her lower back. Now her feet are virtually pain-free. It revolutionized her life.
I hope EC can find some degree of relief from this awful condition.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 16, 2016 10:27

Does the Crossroads charity receive all the profits from the release?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 18, 2016 02:02

Always loved the Crossroads - one of my all-times listeners on Youtube.

Eric and Steve are great.

Dear Mr. Fantasy and Can't Find my Way home

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home