Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Ronnie Wood and Brad Paisley....on stage in London...
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 21, 2011 13:10

paulm
Max, it's the constant stream of negativity and profanity that turns people off.

Obviously, you have good friends here that tolerate your derision. But ya gotta know the cumulative effect sucks, and really I'm amazed that an erudite message board lets a poster get away with "mental issues" blasts, profanity, referring to former 1st lady HC as a c, etc.

Definitely sours my experience here, so if that is your goal, success.

thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 21, 2011 14:08

Back to the original post. I like what I see and hear. Thanks again Lien

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 21, 2011 14:20

Rolling Hansie
Back to the original post. I like what I see and hear. Thanks again Lien

Me too. smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 21, 2011 15:16

paulm
Max, it's the constant stream of negativity and profanity that turns people off.

Obviously, you have good friends here that tolerate your derision. But ya gotta know the cumulative effect sucks, and really I'm amazed that an erudite message board lets a poster get away with "mental issues" blasts, profanity, referring to former 1st lady HC as a c, etc.

Definitely sours my experience here, so if that is your goal, success.

I generally try to stay away from "the trap" of replying to short timers..... who sometimes appear to join this board only to stir up trouble... but I can (but do not like to) answer for any posts I have ever made. I dont usually start the crap, but I have no issue coming back at some idiot/troll who wants to get in my face. As far as hillary, that is an old joke, if you dont get it, that is your loss.

I have been a member here, and other message boards with current locals, for many many years under different names, this name for over 4 years. I state my opinion and I dont get personal unless someone starts in on me... Long Long timers know I add mostly good, they know I am here for fun, but if you dont agree, then dont read my stuff. But dont join and 3 monthes later start whining about my LONG LONG TERM STYLE.

There have been times in the past whne I allowed certain members to cause me to stop posting for a while, but when I came back this time, I am not taking any crap from the trolls. If you dont want sht then dont start sht.

Dont start nuthin, wont be nuthin.
Dont like my posts, then stay away from them.
Nobody asked you to join to read and reply to my posts.

I am NOT going to back and forth with you.... dont like my posts, dont read em.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-21 15:20 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 21, 2011 15:29

as far as anyone loving this crappy twangy noise...feel free, go line dancing...yell YEEE-HAWWW ALL YOU WANT... but in my opinion IT SUCKS!!!

MAYBE I AM JUST STILL PISSED OFF THAT MICK AND KEITH INVITED BROOKS AND DUNN to open that show in Omaha... I try to block it out... but to no avail...

People whine about Motley Crue opneing? at least they are rock and roll... try dealing with pre-stones show Brooks and Dunn crap... eeeeecch, it is almost vomit inducing noise... as is most of that that twangy crap. yeeehaw ya'll...lets go line dancin... yuck yuck...

Date: August 21, 2011 15:40

Max'sKansasCity
as far as anyone loving this crappy twangy noise...feel free, go line dancing...yell YEEE-HAWWW ALL YOU WANT... but in my opinion IT SUCKS!!!

MAYBE I AM JUST STILL PISSED OFF THAT MICK AND KEITH INVITED BROOKS AND DUNN to open that show in Omaha... I try to block it out... but to no avail...

People whine about Motley Crue opneing? at least they are rock and roll... try dealing with pre-stones show Brooks and Dunn crap... eeeeecch, it is almost vomit inducing noise... as is most of that that twangy crap. yeeehaw ya'll...lets go line dancin... yuck yuck...

I really wish you'd stop shouting all the time. It's very annoying.

Date: August 21, 2011 15:43

dont you have a bootleg DVD to go examine under a microscope or something?

Date: August 21, 2011 15:44

Max'sKansasCity
dont you have a bootleg DVD to go examine under a microscope or something?

That's better. thumbs up

Date: August 21, 2011 15:55

Max'sKansasCity
I yell in context, when appropriate... dont like it, dont read it....
[/size]

I can I avoid reading something when it's on a thread I'm interested in (& obviously I don't know I don't like it until I've read it). eye rolling smiley

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: August 21, 2011 16:31

Max, to your point, I was posting on iorr in '96...took a long hiatus, but that's all moot: there's no "seniority" on a mb. At a job, yes, but not a mb.

Your posts are passionate, but try being passionate without getting nasty or profane. That ain't so hard.

To Sleepy's point, he's right: we can't "not read" your posts. No way to block viewing a poster. So basically everyone has to read whatever you write if they're interested in a thread.

Date: August 21, 2011 16:36

paulm
Max, to your point, I was posting on iorr in '96...took a long hiatus, but that's all moot: there's no "seniority" on a mb. At a job, yes, but not a mb.

Your posts are passionate, but try being passionate without getting nasty or profane. That ain't so hard.

To Sleepy's point, he's right: we can't "not read" your posts. No way to block viewing a poster. So basically everyone has to read whatever you write if they're interested in a thread.

Go back and show me where I "started it". Go back to the kid who was calling me names before I said he had mental issues. Read it all and dont be one sided.

Date: August 21, 2011 16:52

LOL, I did not even realize that it was YOU started the thread we are talking about.

your first post
paulm
These Keith can't play posts are a joke. 3 fingers or 1 finger and an @sshole, really doesn't matter much with his style. RW or whoever could augment whatever sus 4ths need to be done. Lots of those...

YOU use the word @sshole, and then bash on others for being being profane? LOL
YOU start a thread KNOWING people will come in and bash Kieth, and people like me will defend Kieth... so YOU are just stirring the pot.... this is all predictable... as you predictably go looking for trouble and then act all surprised whne you find it... this is known as trolling.

Dude, stop the drama, it is pointless.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 21, 2011 17:22

Max'sKansasCity
stop the drama

Better have a smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 21, 2011 18:29

It's Keith's quote, not directed at anyone nor in mean spiritedness.

But you know already know that.

Gave my 2c, I'm out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-21 20:47 by paulm.

Posted by: gomp ()
Date: August 21, 2011 19:22

George Jones and Keith Richards - Say It's Not You

Regarding country and the Stones, Roy Rogers was a bit of a hero to Keith.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-21 19:29 by gomp.

Date: August 21, 2011 21:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-21 22:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 21, 2011 22:01

Glad you asked:

He also did Happy Trails, Home on the Range, Git Along Lil' Dogies etc. Pretty much a classic.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: August 22, 2011 04:56

Keith performing a real country tune, no "mocking" country from Mick J.!

[youtu.be]

thumbs upRe: Ronnie Wood and Brad Paisley....on stage in London...
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: August 22, 2011 05:36

.......... Keith Richards LOVES country music..thumbs up

Re: thumbs upRe: Ronnie Wood and Brad Paisley....on stage in London...
Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: August 23, 2011 05:38

Blue
Indeed he does. 'Wild Horses' really showcases his county guitar chops as well. A beautiful, sublime solo that.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 23, 2011 14:12

no idea who is this Paisley. but he doens´t sound so bad.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 23, 2011 16:03

carlostones10
no idea who is this Paisley. but he doens´t sound so bad.

As stated before he was of the best Tele players out there. right up there with Alvin Lee and Vince Gill.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: August 23, 2011 17:44

Brad Paisley is an excellent guitarplayer and has some very fine songs.

I find it hard to believe those who claim to hate country music, actually are Stones-fans. Quite a contradiction in fact. So Stones have their own take on the genre and they might not have very many 'typical' country songs. Still, there is a few and many more where a 'country-ish' feel drips through the songs.

High And Dry, Dear Doctor, Factory Girl, Country Honk/Honky Tonk Women, Let It Bleed, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, side two on Exile vinyl-version, Coming Down Again, Far Away Eyes, Indian Girl, Waiting On A Friend, Blinded By Love, Blinded By Rainbows, Let Me Down Slow and so on.
All of these aren't pure country music, of course, but the influence is pretty clear, and there are also many of the harder rock songs that have a significant country influence, which is great in my opinion.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: August 23, 2011 18:05

I find it hard to believe those who claim to love country music and line dancin and yelling YEEEEEHAAAA YA'LL!!!! actually are Stones-fans......

.....then again if one is able to twist around what one actually considers to be country crap music, then I suppose anything can be rationalized.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-23 18:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 23, 2011 18:21

audun-eg
I find it hard to believe those who claim to hate country music, actually are Stones-fans. Quite a contradiction in fact.

+1. Unfortunately, "rock" in general attracts a myopic contingent (insert bull horn gesture and bic lighter here). The Stones created something from influences like Everly Bros., heck even Roy Rogers. Willie Nelson calls his guitar "Trigger" Roy Rogers' horse (see vid above). This sentiment is not uncommon. JT glosses "Git Along Lil' Dogies" in Sweet Baby James.

Concerning other "square" influences, even Macca is quoted as saying he and Lennon wanted to be "Oscar & Hammerstein." For those who don't know what that music sounds like, it's called show tunes. But again, that's not so counter-culture, rebel, black jeans and jacket, is it?

I would just suggest people open their minds when checking out influences of the past. There is a lot of hip stuff going on, if you change your perspective and consider the age, culture, etc.

Admittedly, a lot of country is sappy and hoaky, and I don't like how the country music machine panders to a pretty dumb demographic. It's like they have to have their quota of stupid songs and re-hashed quasi Calypso country tunes. But winnowing through that, there is cool stuff happening in country music. Always has been. And the best players are in Nashville.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 23, 2011 18:23

slewan
ain't it strange that Ronnie so much better when he plays with people who are not members of the Stones…?
e more of the faces in Holland in 2012.

yeah yeah, Ronnie is on fire without any of the Stones.
Come on Ronnie, lets have some more of you and the Faces in 2012 in Holland.
forget the Other Band, hahahah
bye
jeroen

Re: thumbs upRe: Ronnie Wood and Brad Paisley....on stage in London...
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 23, 2011 18:35

Blue

Absolutely:

Date: August 23, 2011 18:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-25 20:22 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 23, 2011 18:43

Koen
Blue

Absolutely:

I am honestly happy for you that you have something you love here, but it is NOT for me.... yeeeecch.... if Keith played like that all the time, I would be gooooooonnneeeeee.... that garbage gives me a headache. Maybe write him a letter and ask him to to do that... and I wont post here anymore.

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: August 23, 2011 18:43

Max, you have made your dislike of country music to all but the most obtuse abundantly clear. Could you give it a rest please? If you have no interest in a thread, why not leave it to those who are interested? Just a thought.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home