Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Can Stones Defy Odds One More Time And Go Out In Blaze Of Glory?
Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 14, 2011 20:15

James Kirk
There is no way they let the massive payday that a 50th anniversary tour would bring them just pass...The Stones will roll next year in one form or another.

I think it's safe to say your answer is, YES.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 14, 2011 20:45

Only one man can truly answer that, and he's kind of busy, you know, actually making music.

My guess - nope.
Do I want them too? For the fans who want to see them again - absolutely. I'm just not one of them.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 24, 2012 22:21

thewatchman
Unstable economy, world unrest, London burning, Keith's book, alleged rift between Mick and Keith, Keith's arthritic hands and brain injury, five years of inactivity by next summer, Charlie will be 71 next year, Mick and Keith turn 69 in 2012, Ronnie's general instability, Mick's new group Superheavy, could all be listed (and have) as reasons the Stones are considered a longshot to come together (as a live act) for their 50th anniversary as a band next summer. I suppose if you were a betting man you would be considered foolish to bet against what seem like insurmountable odds against the Rolling Stones returning for one final shot at glory. Well, I have swung back and forth on this topic for over a year now, at times feeling, even believing, that they will somehow find a way to pull it off. At other times my faith has wavered to the point that I have come close to throwing in the towel altogether resolving that I was lucky enough to have seen them for the last time as a live act on the last tour in 2006. Today we stand just inside 11 months to their 50th anniversary and yet we are still left to wonder whether there is still one magical act left in their bag of miracles that will send them out in a blaze of glory? Please provide us with a simple "yes" or "no" as to whether you believe they will come together and perform at least one concert (or more) sometime next summer for their 50th anniversary? My official answer is "yes". Now, I promise to shut up (no more tour speculation threads) until we receive official word one way or another.

Oh, almost forgot, do you WANT them to come together for at least one concert next summer? A simple yes or no will do. Thank you.

YES!YES!YES!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 24, 2012 22:50

thewatchman
thewatchman
Unstable economy, world unrest, London burning, Keith's book, alleged rift between Mick and Keith, Keith's arthritic hands and brain injury, five years of inactivity by next summer, Charlie will be 71 next year, Mick and Keith turn 69 in 2012, Ronnie's general instability, Mick's new group Superheavy, could all be listed (and have) as reasons the Stones are considered a longshot to come together (as a live act) for their 50th anniversary as a band next summer. I suppose if you were a betting man you would be considered foolish to bet against what seem like insurmountable odds against the Rolling Stones returning for one final shot at glory. Well, I have swung back and forth on this topic for over a year now, at times feeling, even believing, that they will somehow find a way to pull it off. At other times my faith has wavered to the point that I have come close to throwing in the towel altogether resolving that I was lucky enough to have seen them for the last time as a live act on the last tour in 2006. Today we stand just inside 11 months to their 50th anniversary and yet we are still left to wonder whether there is still one magical act left in their bag of miracles that will send them out in a blaze of glory? Please provide us with a simple "yes" or "no" as to whether you believe they will come together and perform at least one concert (or more) sometime next summer for their 50th anniversary? My official answer is "yes". Now, I promise to shut up (no more tour speculation threads) until we receive official word one way or another.

Oh, almost forgot, do you WANT them to come together for at least one concert next summer? A simple yes or no will do. Thank you.

YES!YES!YES!

Let me get this straight: You are quoting your own post so you can answer your own question? Just want to clear...

Date: February 24, 2012 22:55

71Tele
thewatchman
thewatchman

YES!YES!YES!

Let me get this straight: You are quoting your own post so you can answer your own question? Just want to clear...

Well, you guys know a little more today than you did six months ago. I am excited for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-24 22:57 by thewatchman.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 24, 2012 22:58

Yes ofcourse!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

Date: February 24, 2012 23:03

jamesfdouglas
Only one man can truly answer that, and he's kind of busy, you know, actually making music.

My guess - nope.
Do I want them too? For the fans who want to see them again - absolutely. I'm just not one of them.

Actually, a few men knew this.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 24, 2012 23:16

1. Answer to the question = NO, not in a blaze of glory. If at all, in a quiet, simple manner.

2. Watchman - your threads are drepressing, wasting space, meaningless and they bore the daylights outta me.

3. Please LIGHTEN UP!! Thanks...........

smoking smiley

Date: February 24, 2012 23:24

Cocaine Eyes
1. Answer to the question = NO, not in a blaze of glory. If at all, in a quiet, simple manner.

2. Watchman - your threads are drepressing, wasting space, meaningless and they bore the daylights outta me.

smoking smiley

It makes perfect sense. Those that tend to be negative about the future of the Rolling Stones are quite often negative about the watchman. Anyway, take heart, my work is almost done here, mate. At least until July 12.

Date: February 25, 2012 04:08

thewatchman
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

It makes perfect sense. Those that tend to be negative about the future of the Rolling Stones are quite often negative about the watchman. Anyway, take heart, my work is almost done here, mate. At least until July 12.

I secretly cheer you on. But it's a secret.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 25, 2012 04:32

Nothing I can share with an obsessed adult.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 25, 2012 04:39

>Those that tend to be negative about the future of the Rolling Stones are quite often negative about the watchman.

You speak of yourself in the third person now? That's a scary bad sign.

P.S. I hear Kyoko Ono Cox & Heather McCartney will replace Lisa & Bernard on backing vocals!

Date: February 26, 2012 05:13

Glam Descendant
>Those that tend to be negative about the future of the Rolling Stones are quite often negative about the watchman.

P.S. I hear Kyoko Ono Cox & Heather McCartney will replace Lisa & Bernard on backing vocals!

Please explain why speaking in the third person is a scary bad sign. I am dying to hear your explanation.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 26, 2012 05:33

thewatchman
Glam Descendant

Please explain why speaking in the third person is a scary bad sign. I am dying to hear your explanation.

Glam thinks you're not really dying to hear that explanation.

Does Glam perceive stepchild bias in your lack of enthusiasm re: Kyoko & Heather?

Date: February 26, 2012 05:41

stonesrule
Nothing I can share with an obsessed adult.

You mean, a passionate adult.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 26, 2012 07:41

How about taking a vacation from IORR?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home