Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hyde Park Live
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 14, 2016 20:58

Don't mean to Hijack the great Live Album Talk thread, but I'm just now revisiting HPL and enjoying it much more than I anticipated. It doesn't add much new to the Stones live legacy, but I find it a very solid and enjoyable performance. Any thoughts from others?

Re: Hyde Park Live
Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 14, 2016 21:01

The playing is okay, but it's a completely nonsensical release since it only includes their ''biggest hits''. I guess it works as a souvenir for those who attend one of the shows. I never bothered getting the physical release though.

Date: April 14, 2016 21:12

TheBlockbuster
The playing is okay, but it's a completely nonsensical release since it only includes their ''biggest hits''. I guess it works as a souvenir for those who attend one of the shows. I never bothered getting the physical release though.

Valid points but as far as the warhorses go, I kind of like the performances on HPL a bit better than on Live Licks...with some exceptions.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 21:28

I often wonder how many of the people who complain about set list go to the shows i love this I think this and ya-yas are my favourite live albums but so different which is the point of live music the same songs always have something new or different not necessarily better or worse and the crowd can make the show this album catches the atmosphere as dose ya-yas more than most

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: April 14, 2016 22:04

My Hyde Park DVD got scratched somehow and refuses to play. Just wondered if anyone here would be kind enough to help me out?

Date: April 14, 2016 22:06

Al65
I often wonder how many of the people who complain about set list go to the shows i love this I think this and ya-yas are my favourite live albums but so different which is the point of live music the same songs always have something new or different not necessarily better or worse and the crowd can make the show this album catches the atmosphere as dose ya-yas more than most

I like your points. Ya Ya's did a great job representing the young Stones live sound and Hyde Park is a good representation of the band's mature live sound!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 14, 2016 22:58

There are , in my opinion, a few very good performances captured on Hyde Park Live: SFM,Ruby Tuesday, Miss You,ER, Rambler from the 13th...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 14, 2016 23:02

Does anyone know who is the stage announcer? My son asked me and i couldnt answer. I know on Still Live it is Bill Graham.

Personally I really like the crisp sound of the album and my son (3,5yrs) loves looking at the booklet and listening to Brown Sugar over and over again.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 14, 2016 23:40

schwonek

Does anyone know who is the stage announcer?

Matt Clifford. You can see it on the DVD/Blu-ray just before the Stones hit the stage - Matt has already the Microphone in his hand.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 14, 2016 23:50

geordiestone

My Hyde Park DVD got scratched somehow and refuses to play. Just wondered if anyone here would be kind enough to help me out?

A new DVD is only £9.00 on [www.amazon.co.uk] ....

Or have a look here: [www.iorr.org] -- MfG-82 and ZR-DVD-RST-13-09.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 15, 2016 01:50

One of their best live albums. Perfect setlist and band on top form.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 15, 2016 12:21

It adds almost nothing new but it is a pretty good live album. I prefer SAL. Anyway, Hyde Park shows that the Stones are still hot, the version of SFM is marvelous. The inclusion of crap like ER is a little bit disappointing for me and I dont like the hectic DVD, it is unwatchable because of the 200 cuts per minute, you dont even get to see them... You think you just watch Keith but he´s gone faster than the eye could flick... cut, cut, cut, cut... I hate it.
Also too much crowd footage in between songs (Ruby Tuesday is totally ruined that way).

Viva Shine A Light! (CD AND DVD) - I cant get any better than this, Marty is a genius!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 15, 2016 13:17

"One of their best live albums."

Agree, Kowalski!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 15, 2016 13:39

I think I prefer Glastonbury

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 15, 2016 15:08

The one from 1969 is Classic...

2 1 2 0

Date: April 15, 2016 15:16

Come On

1969 is a classic but it has it's flaws. They were much sloppier and you can hear the guitars slipping out of tune. However, there was that raw energy and spirit that is lacking from the more modern performances.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 15, 2016 15:47

HonkeyTonkFlash
Come On

1969 is a classic but it has it's flaws. They were much sloppier and you can hear the guitars slipping out of tune. However, there was that raw energy and spirit that is lacking from the more modern performances.

smiling smiley...or the difference between rock n roll and pure Entertainment...with some elements of rock...Stones 1969 is unprecedented in rock music

2 1 2 0

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 15, 2016 17:28

HonkeyTonkFlash
Come On

There's hardly any spirit left these days I'd say.
But I must say I never listend to the H. Park CD's.I went to see it in the cinema.
It was nice, well . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 17:30 by CousinC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home