Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RSD 2016
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: April 14, 2016 02:18

Hi,

So its Record Store Day this weekend. What RS related releases are there?

New Barbarians 10"
Bill Wyman PD

Anything else?

This will be the first one in a couple of years without an RS 7" :-(

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Re: RSD 2016
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2016 02:53

Interesting that there's no Stones material this year....

Somewhat interested in this as it was the first Hendrix I ever bought when I was 13 (my older brother had everything else),
and I still have a couple original vinyl copies in the collection....but no posters anymore.
With that said, I did like the old cover!

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Smash Hits
1LP 12" Black Vinyl
Carefully restored from the original analog master tapes, featuring original poster and alternate cover art, the Legacy/RSD 2016 edition of the Jimi Hendrix Experience Smash Hits (created in conjunction with Experience Hendrix L.L.C.) includes timeless classics like "Purple Haze," "Hey Joe," "Red House" (a different take from the UK Are You Experienced version), "Fire" plus 8 more essential Hendrix tracks. First released in 1969, Smash Hits has proved to be immensely popular, serving as a critical introduction to the Hendrix canon for successive generations of fans.
This exclusive RSD 2016 edition of Smash Hits includes a recreation of the poster that came with the original U.S. LP release, depicting band members Jimi Hendrix, Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding dressed in western attire on horseback. The photograph, taken by Grammy-winning photographer Ed Thrasher (Grateful Dead, Neil Young, the Beach Boys) at Warner Bros. film studios in Burbank, CA in early 1969, was conceived as sleeve art for the album. Now, for the first time ever, Thrasher’s photo finally graces the cover of Smash Hits, as originally intended.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home