Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Please say it isn't so...new Indiana Jones flick
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 15, 2016 21:30

OMG, what are they thinking? Better yet, what are they drinking?

[thewaltdisneycompany.com]

Re: OT: Please say it isn't so...new Indiana Jones flick
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 15, 2016 21:50

"The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office"
You have your answer here.

And half of the tetralogy was awful... which means half of it was good.
So Spielberg wants to make sure the "awful" wins by 3 vs 2?

Date: March 15, 2016 21:54

indiana jones and the adult diaper of doom

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 21:59

keefriffhard4life
Really? As a member of this board, you're gonna go there?

Harrison Ford is 73...hmm, who else in their early 70s...damn, it slipped my mind. I'm sure it'll come to me.

I'm sure you wouldn't take kindly to someone cracking jokes about Mick or Keith wearing adult diapers.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 15, 2016 22:33

Indiana Jones and the Strolling Bones smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 15, 2016 23:16

Indiana Jones meets the Pirates Of The Caribbean ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 15, 2016 23:19

No one that will Die Hard?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 16, 2016 00:11

Raiders of the Lost Glasses

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 16, 2016 01:12

I thought the last film, The Crystal Skull, was okay. It was set during the 1950's and featured Harrison Ford portraying an older Indiana Jones. It was a reasonably sensible move. Perhaps this latest effort will take place a decade later; the 1960's. Indiana could find himself embroiled in a Cold War conspiracy, whilst also fighting the British Invasion and The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 16, 2016 02:34

Let's face it, artists like the Stones and actors like Harrison Ford are redefining what it means to be old. Not everyone falls apart. Just as "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll," so it's also only Indiana Jones. Let them make the movie. I'm sure it will be the last one with Harrison Ford and they'll likely move to an exotic location to avoid the fact that 1960s B-movies don't exactly have the same nostalgia as serials of the 1930s and 1940s or atomic B-movies of the 1950s. It will likely have a religious artifact or location as a plot device and probably have a touch of LOST HORIZON about it. It will be a nice farewell. Let the fans enjoy it. It's a famous adventure hero on his last adventure in his mid-seventies. In the meantime, let's look forward to that next Stones album. They're not so different after all.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: March 16, 2016 02:38

Yeah, this should be a really fun movie. I can't be cynical about Indiana Jones. One more Indiana Jones movie would be great.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 16, 2016 03:08

Indiana Jones and the Return of the Franchise.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 16, 2016 03:16

latebloomer
Indiana Jones and the Return of the Franchise.

They may choose not to use that particular title...however, it's the most accurate

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 16, 2016 04:59

Maybe they can team up with the National Treasure 3 cast.

Date: March 16, 2016 06:57

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Really? As a member of this board, you're gonna go there?

Harrison Ford is 73...hmm, who else in their early 70s...damn, it slipped my mind. I'm sure it'll come to me.

I'm sure you wouldn't take kindly to someone cracking jokes about Mick or Keith wearing adult diapers.

I would make that crack about the stones but anyways this 73 year old guy is playing an action star not getting up on stage and singing for 90 minutes every 6 nights

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: March 16, 2016 07:52

The problem with the last one was a terrible script and story.
And don't forget Rolling Stone magazine hack Kurt Loder who called the Stones in 1981 "old beyond argument" and they were 38-45.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 16, 2016 08:22

tomk
The problem with the last one was a terrible script and story.
And don't forget Rolling Stone magazine hack Kurt Loder who called the Stones in 1981 "old beyond argument" and they were 38-45.

Veery true; but, at the time, there were no 70-year-old's from the post-50's era of popular music artists and groups. It was very much unknown territory. 40-something's playing 'young-peoples' music? Get outa here!

Date: March 16, 2016 08:32

Wait till ROCKY finds out about this ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 16, 2016 08:36

Rockman
Wait till ROCKY finds out about this ....

rocky is now the trainer for the son of Apollo creed

Date: March 16, 2016 08:51

Whhhaaaayatalkinbout?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: March 16, 2016 09:09

Rocky Dijon
Let's face it, artists like the Stones and actors like Harrison Ford are redefining what it means to be old. Not everyone falls apart.

Yes, Harrison Ford took his physical preparation for the last Indiana Jones movie very seriously. (Much like how Mick approaches a tour.) If he wants to do it again at 70+, you can bet he'll make sure he doesn't embarrass himself onscreen.

It's an idea that would've seemed crazy 20 or 30 years ago, but not in an age where actors are now reprising signature roles well into their 60's and 70's. Indy 5 is no doubt happening because Ford's turn as an old Han Solo (a much more youth-oriented role, imo) occurred in a film that grossed over $2 billion.

Date: March 16, 2016 10:05

Rockman
Whhhaaaayatalkinbout?

were you referring to rocky balboa?

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 16, 2016 12:02

Indiana Jones and the Apology for The Crystal Skull.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 16, 2016 15:00

Indiana Jones and the Las Vegas Skeletons

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 16, 2016 15:18

I saw a new seqvens with Harrison a capul a Days ago...he looks fresh like an iron-man...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 16, 2016 15:39

Pretty sure Rockman was well aware of CREED. I think his point was Stallone is another guy in his seventies who is still in shape and up to the challenge. Kind of funny some of the same people who are making cracks will be incensed at STEEL WHEELCHAIRS, "wrinkly rockers," and the media adding up the band's ages.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 16, 2016 16:48

Rocky Dijon
Pretty sure Rockman was well aware of CREED. I think his point was Stallone is another guy in his seventies who is still in shape and up to the challenge. Kind of funny some of the same people who are making cracks will be incensed at STEEL WHEELCHAIRS, "wrinkly rockers," and the media adding up the band's ages.
The hypocrisy is amazing. People here all love the fact that the Stones are proving that it's possible to still be vital and kick ass into their 70s, and yet see no problem mocking a guy who's the SAME AGE as the Stones who's basically doing the same thing.

HGH and steroids are rampant in Hollywood, with exhibit A being Stallone, who's admitted to using HGH. I'm not saying Ford has gone that route (in fact I doubt it) but the point is that, with personal trainers, good nutrition, and access to the best healthcare and supplementation money can buy, being in your 70s doesn't necessarily have to mean you're old. You'd think people here would be applauding the news rather than mocking him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-16 16:50 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2016 17:15

I don't understand the disbelief towards the fact there will be a new Indiana Jones movie.
It's not really a big deal, and there's far more important issues to be concerned with in today's world.
For instance...when will there be a new Stones album dammit!!!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 16, 2016 17:48

I think this is great news. Why should age matter?

You may have heard of 73 year old Harrison Ford's latest film...It's a little movie called Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Thus far it has grossed $930 million to become the all time domestic champion. That doesn't include the billion plus it has made in other markets around the world.

Ford even at 73 pulled of the role of Han Solo easily. Don't forget this was the year Sylvester Stallone at 70 years old gave arguably his best performance and was nominated for an Oscar (he should have won) for the well received Creed/Rocky 7.

By your logic the Stones, McCartney, Bowie, Buddy Guy and many others should have retired many years ago...People are living much longer these days + you don't stop being vital at 40 years old anymore.

P.S. I'm sure the script will be age appropriate.

Date: March 16, 2016 20:28

Rocky Dijon

stallone is in much better shape than ford, always played action roles, looks several years younger than ford and part of that is because he IS NOT 70 yet

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home