Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Jerry Hall engaged to Rupert Murdoch
Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: January 12, 2016 05:20

Bizarre:

[www.thewrap.com]

Re: Jerry Hall engaged to Rupert Murdoch
Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 05:41

huh?!?

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 12, 2016 06:04

So weird on so many levels. I can't see Mick being pleased, what with his association with environmentalism and other liberal causes, while Rupert is in league with the opposite side of the spectrum. Jerry must be a rightie. Though even for people who agree with the right wing, Rupert is the worst kind of muckraker and character assassin for people who just happen to be in the public eye, regardless of their political affiliation. Then there's the fact he's just kinda old and gross for Jerry, who doesn't look that bad for her age and could have done better. I feel sorry for her kids, too. Hopefully this is wrong or she comes to her senses. Good Lord!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 12, 2016 06:14

Wow...on the surface it seems somewhat a bad decision. I'm sure Jerry will be
sure the wedding is not like one of Mick's pretend weddings this time though.
Well...I hope for the best whatever that may be.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:19

marianna
So weird on so many levels. I can't see Mick being pleased, what with his association with environmentalism and other liberal causes, while Rupert is in league with the opposite side of the spectrum. Jerry must be a rightie. Though even for people who agree with the right wing, Rupert is the worst kind of muckraker and character assassin for people who just happen to be in the public eye, regardless of their political affiliation. Then there's the fact he's just kinda old and gross for Jerry, who doesn't look that bad for her age and could have done better. I feel sorry for her kids, too. Hopefully this is wrong or she comes to her senses. Good Lord!

Mick might praise it as a smart business move. He's 84, a fact outweighed by 11 billion.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:37

I guess she wasn't happy with how much money she had.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:40

I would bet a large sum of money the wedding will not be held in Bali, nor performed by a Hindu priest.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:44

I remember when Jackie O married that Gargoyle Onassis, and I thought, wow, women really can be bought.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:47

Weird indeed ! Although honestly in that picture...

...there doesn't seem to be a 25 year gap between them

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:49

Jerry's political views are opposite of Rupert's. A few years ago at a protest at Heathrow Airport she said that the most important issue to her was climate change. Rupert recently bought the National Geographic and fired all the award-winning journalists who warn of climate change and the islands being devoured by rising oceans.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:50

24FPS
I remember when Jackie O married that Gargoyle Onassis, and I thought, wow, women really can be bought.

Some can be. Just like men.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:51

Rokyfan
marianna

Mick might praise it as a smart business move. He's 84, a fact outweighed by 11 billion.

exactly!
one way to make mick jealous !!

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:53

Having a net worth in the billions tends to reduce wrinkles, add hair, take years off, takes weight off, adds charm and wit, makes men appear taller and more handsome

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 08:01

gotdablouse

Yeah, Jerry is looking pretty old and scary. Somebody warn Hansel and Gretel not to knock on her door.

Having said that, who am I to judge? I hope they'll be happy together. She's reportedly a good cook which bodes well IMHO.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 12, 2016 08:17

Start Me Up ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 12, 2016 13:02

[quote,=everwest1]
Having a net worth in the billions tends to reduce wrinkles, add hair, take years off, takes weight off, adds charm and wit, makes men appear taller and more handsome[/quote]

Really? Murdoch must crop his "full" head of hair very short, then.
Actually, if Mick gets to 84 years and he's single, I would expect him to be dating ladies much younger than Jerry, who must be pushing 60.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 12, 2016 14:13

Swayed1967
gotdablouse

Yeah, Jerry is looking pretty old and scary. Somebody warn Hansel and Gretel not to knock on her door.

Having said that, who am I to judge? I hope they'll be happy together. She's reportedly a good cook which bodes well IMHO.

If you're not yet old, hopefully one day you will be. Don't compare the looks of a woman in her late 50s to those of a 25 year old. She looks wonderful.

Billionaire Rupert Murdoch Announces His Engagement to Jerry Hall
Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 12, 2016 05:22

Mick's ex Jerry Hall was introduced last year in Australia to Rupert Murdoch, very conservative publisher and owner of Fox Television and tabloids like the Sun, Daily Mail, etc. It would be his fourth marriage? They were at the Golden Globes last night at the winning Martian table.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 12, 2016 14:24

chatoyancy
Rupert recently bought the National Geographic and fired all the award-winning journalists who warn of climate change and the islands being devoured by rising oceans.

This happened? Unbelievable...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 12, 2016 14:27

steffialicia
Swayed1967
gotdablouse

If you're not yet old, hopefully one day you will be. Don't compare the looks of a woman in her late 50s to those of a 25 year old. She looks wonderful.

Yes, she does...I hope Jerry has fun with the old scoundrel, she looks quite happy there.

Posted by: JamesMadison ()
Date: January 12, 2016 14:29

Not as weird as people might think. Murdoch regularly sings karaoke and does a memorable version of Satisfaction, it is on Youtube.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 12, 2016 14:33

Turner68
I guess she wasn't happy with how much money she had.

Exactly. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 12, 2016 14:49

Rockman
Start Me Up ....
grinning smiley

Date: January 12, 2016 14:54

Mick Jagger should get even by getting engaged to Rupert's former wife. That would teach him.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 14:59

steffialicia
Swayed1967
gotdablouse

That what I am sure is she isn't tired by her job or perhaps counting the bank notes. On s'en branle totalement d'elle.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 12, 2016 15:03

from the sublime to the ridiculous ! best wishes !

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 15:03

Murdoch is one of the most repulsive and destructive human beings of the 20th century. The damage he's done to the profession of journalism in several countries is incalculable.

Date: January 12, 2016 15:05

I love Fox News, and the Wall Street Journal. New York Post I can take or leave.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 15:50

JamesMadison
I love Fox News, and the Wall Street Journal. New York Post I can take or leave.
The Wall St. Journal is well-written. I don't agree with their editorial page but at least their stories are high-minded and in-depth.

The Post is utter bottom-feeding trash. I'm a liberal, so obviously their political bias bothers me, but aside from that, the tone of the paper is so unprofessional and childish that it'd offend me even if I was a conservative.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 12, 2016 16:05

Just out of interest, if we had a Watergate type scandal now, how would a Murdoch owned American paper deal with it?
Or would it depend on whether the White House incumbent was Democrat or Republican?

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home