Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Guitarist Marc Ford - Kickstarter for new album
Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: February 3, 2016 15:55

If you dug the Black Crowes' The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, Marc Ford is one of the reasons why. He's done some cool solo projects these last few years: check out Weary And Wired (2007) and 2010's Fuzz Machine for some killer guitar workouts; 2014's Holy Ghost was softer in tone, but deep in lyrical content and soul.

Now Marc says, "It's time to break out the fuzz, turn the amps up loud and play some ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC!" and is headed into the studio this month with the Neptune Blues Club. Link to Kickstarter campaign here.

Re: OT: Guitarist Marc Ford - Kickstarter for new album
Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 3, 2016 17:26

Really?

Marc Ford needs donations and is seeking donations from the general public to fund recording a CD/record?

Just a thought. You might do better pushing this on a Black Crowes website than IORR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-03 17:28 by 1cdog.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 3, 2016 17:53

I always enjoyed his work, we saw the Crowe's with him a few years ago, the last time he played with them I think, I give him twenty bucks, what the hell!smiling smiley

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 3, 2016 17:57

I do like Holy Ghost. Great records with outstanding melodies. I hope his new album wouldn't be a simple rock n roll only.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 18:06

Loved his playing when I saw him with The Black Crowes...... They were a better band with him in it!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 3, 2016 18:29

strat72
Loved his playing when I saw him with The Black Crowes...... They were a better band with him in it!

Agree on both accounts.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 3, 2016 20:25

1cdog
strat72

Agree on both accounts.

They reached a peak with "Southern Harmony..." that is while Ford was in the band.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 3, 2016 20:46

Wow, I mean he will probably make it, but this campaign is set up very unprofessionally...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 3, 2016 21:00

geez. Can I use Kickstarter if I want a new guitar.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 00:54

He's a brilliant guitarist, and with the Crowes amazing! Amorica and Three Snakes and a Charm are brilliant records, a lot of that due to Fords virtuosity. He's a lot like Taylor with his tone and style. Seems sad he has to fundraise to make an album, but then again, he's not made the best career choices.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 4, 2016 03:42

Kickstarter? I need a new car. Great idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home