Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Palais Des Sports, Paris, France 23 September 1970
Posted by: Stranger09 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 00:58

I have just read this on the dime download site regarding the Palais Des Sports, Paris, France 23 September 1970 gig:

"Brown sugar was aired by EUROPE 1 radio in 1995 by françois Jouffa. I taped the song at the time.
Europe 1 has the complete show in pristine quality.
This one should be released but the Stones or this radio; A must/"

Has anyone got a copy of the Europe 1 broadcast of this show from 1995? Or has anyone heard of any plans the Stones have to release the concert?

Re: Palais Des Sports, Paris, France 23 September 1970
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 30, 2016 01:07

This one?
[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 30, 2016 01:11

That is nice.

Date: January 30, 2016 04:13

ah thanks...yes that does sound pretty good (French radio did tend to broadcast in mono well into the early 70's just like UK radio)...would be nice if the Stones could release it in full! smiling smiley

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:23

The sound quality got better over the years but the band never played better than this I don't believe anyway. All members still playing/singing their asses off and the ego's hadn't gotten out of hand yet. Man I wish I could have seen them with Taylor!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 30, 2016 18:09

Wonderfulsmiling smiley Thank you for posting this.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 30, 2016 20:27

The Sept. 22 show is better...
Hopefully the Stones tapes all three Paris gis with the Mobile studio.

Date: January 31, 2016 13:12

"The Sept. 22 show is better... "
was that an audience recording? Either way your following comment seems logical, and one hopes, possible smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 31, 2016 13:28

Stranger09
"The Sept. 22 show is better... "
was that an audience recording?

No but close. It was recorded and broadcasted live by "Europe 1" radio. I see you drool already but it was taped very crudely (one mike hand-held far away from the stage) and the journalist (the guy who held the microphone?) kept talking on the air during the broadcast, over the music. eye rolling smiley

It was released by VGP (it was also remade by Cpt Acid so it might the "best" release available) but it's a "historical" recording at best .
That's too bad cos imho it was a very hot/riotous show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-31 13:32 by dcba.

Date: February 4, 2016 10:26

ah fair enough, thanks for the info.

A bit like the Got Live If You Want It recording then smiling smiley

Posted by: ash ()
Date: February 4, 2016 12:05

Europe 1 has a treasure trove of recordings from the 50s and 60s (and 70s) much of which even all of which has been catalogued and digitised i am led to believe. Sadly they are extremely hard to work with in mine and others experiences. Trying to licence anything from them seems to be borderline impossible even for some recognised labels. Accessing their holdings database or getting them to respond to enquiries seems impossible.
They have a November 1961 concert featuring The Shadows (with Jet and Tony still on board - they were still brilliant then)and Billy Fury. Beatles, Stones, Hendrix in fact potentially everyone even vaguely notable who played the Olympia during this period.
I have interacted with industry professionals who have got nowhere with them. A few jazz related gigs and Judy Garland have seen release.
Anyone here had any luck ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2295
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home