Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones references in movies/series (again)
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 28, 2005 23:53

Was just watching the series "Alias" - they played Emotional Rescue once and now one guy just gave a ring that transmit fake data about the person that carries it to some guys that monitor him. Anyway, they were talking about his puls that also gets transmitted - the signal fakes the pulse and it's now "steady as Charlie Watts". Guess there is a Stones fan writing the scripts...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Re: Stones references in movies/series (again)
Date: November 28, 2005 23:57

Last night on COLD CASE, Marianne Faithful's version of As Tears Go By was played. I concentrated so much on the song that I missed the developing plot.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 29, 2005 00:00

I didn't see this original thread, so I apologize if this is already out there, but..

One annoying reference is on the 70's Show. You know how between scenes, they show the kids dancing or posing for a few seconds? Well on one of them that they play at lot, that kid Hyde wears a shirt with a really bad fake tongue on it. I hate it when people don't get the tongue right.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 3, 2012 23:23

Not a movie/series, but a video: The Godfathers' video below for Birth, School, Work, Death has brief, interspersed shots of a band member behind a desk which are an obvious reference to Mick behind the desk when singing Memo From Turner, when you figure in the bullets flipped on the desk and the tasseled overhead lamp.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-03 23:35 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 28, 2015 09:32

In the new movie DADDY'S HOME Will Ferrell's wife describes to him her edgy ex-husband (Mark Wahlberg): "as if Jesse James and Mick Jagger had a baby."

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 28, 2015 21:19

jessie jane ?

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 29, 2015 01:40

Richard from Canada
Last night on COLD CASE, Marianne Faithful's version of As Tears Go By was played. I concentrated so much on the song that I missed the developing plot.

I saw and episode of Cold Case a couple of years ago and they ended the show with Winter.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 30, 2015 00:21

Has anyone seen the film Joyyet with Jennifer Lawrence?

The commercials for it are playing the chorale part of "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 30, 2015 06:33

yes...and there's another great Stones song in there very well highlighted....Stray Cat Blues...and it is marvelous

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-30 06:34 by Rip This.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: December 30, 2015 07:10

The movie thriller "Fallen" starring John Goodman in 1997 or 1998 featured a continuous use of the Stones' "Time Is On My Side".

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 28, 2016 23:30

Slightly OT, but it is about a Stone in a movie, or one that was considered...Facebook fed me this story about one of my favorite movies, Amadeus. Mick Jagger wanted to play Mozart?

13 Prodigious Facts About 'Amadeus

3. KENNETH BRANAGH LEGITIMATELY THOUGHT HE HAD THE PART.

A young Kenneth Branagh was an early contender for the part of Mozart. In his autobiography, he wrote that he thought he had the part in the bag until Forman informed him they were casting Americans for the leads. Other actors who auditioned for the Mozart role included Tim Curry and Mel Gibson. Though Mozart was a rock star in his day, actual rock star Mick Jagger was also turned down after his audition.

Full article: [mentalfloss.com]

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 29, 2016 03:02

the classic comedy, aufweiderehen pet, which aired in the 80,s mentions that one of the main characters wayne played by the late gary holten was a dead ringer for ronnie wood. he replied that it had been mentioend to him but he would never abuse woodys hospitality although he signed a few autographs on his behalf.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1284
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home