Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Tom Keifer
Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 00:08

recently saw him. GREAT show. Excellent new (solo) CD

Re: OT-Tom Keifer
Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: September 3, 2014 03:23

you can note and feel that he is a very Stone influenced musician. I like many of his songs with Cinderella and his solo album Solid Ground is a must.

bye
Fernando

Date: September 3, 2014 04:29

Yeah good stuff. Very stones influenced cindrella got a bit of a bad wrap because of their image. He proved himself with his solo album

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 3, 2014 06:46

Solid Ground was an AMAZING lead off single. Unfortunately I don't think the rest of the album really holds up. Its good, but IMO the songs sound... its hard to describe. Not really generic and not really poppy. But just underwhelming to me. Its not as hard rocking as I'd hoped and the songs kind of seem a little sappy and cliched and wimpy, if that makes sense.

Not a bad record, and when I hear it the tunes do stick with me. But its almost a record I keep actively trying not to like cause it isn't what I hoped for.

I will say, I echo the statements above that he proved himself here and it changed my view of Cinderella, which I thought were a gay 80s band in the vein of Night Ranger and that ilk. Boy, a lot of those bands really got a bad rap simply because of their fashion choice at the time, or an unfortunate single or two.

Date: September 3, 2014 16:15

Fernandobsas
you can note and feel that he is a very Stone influenced musician. I like many of his songs with Cinderella and his solo album Solid Ground is a must.

bye
Fernando

AGREED!

Date: September 4, 2014 06:36

RollingFreak
Solid Ground was an AMAZING lead off single. Unfortunately I don't think the rest of the album really holds up. Its good, but IMO the songs sound... its hard to describe. Not really generic and not really poppy. But just underwhelming to me. Its not as hard rocking as I'd hoped and the songs kind of seem a little sappy and cliched and wimpy, if that makes sense.

Not a bad record, and when I hear it the tunes do stick with me. But its almost a record I keep actively trying not to like cause it isn't what I hoped for.

I will say, I echo the statements above that he proved himself here and it changed my view of Cinderella, which I thought were a gay 80s band in the vein of Night Ranger and that ilk. Boy, a lot of those bands really got a bad rap simply because of their fashion choice at the time, or an unfortunate single or two.

i enjoy the keifer solo album a lot. a real down to earth rock record. his influences always were kynyrd, janis joplin and the stones. glad he moved to nashville now. i would recommefn the cinderella album HEARTBREAK STATION to any stones fan. if they enjoy that then pick up LONG COLD WINTER. those are the 2 essential cinderella albums that have the most rock n roll sound. you are right though. some bad image choices and production choices hurt them. then again look at some of the stones choices in these things during the 80's. it was a decade about image and no one was safe.

btw i hear people say keifer has a voice similar to axl rose. imo they are nothing alike. axl is like a mix of steve tyler and the guy from nazareth while keifer is more like a male janis joplin

Date: September 4, 2014 18:25

Actually at the show the other night we thought Axl

Date: September 5, 2014 03:21

alhavu1
Actually at the show the other night we thought Axl

i just don't hear it

Date: December 7, 2015 22:23

hope tom can get a new solo album out within the next 2 years or something out by cinderella. a great talent for sure

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: December 9, 2015 23:44

Fantastic

Date: December 10, 2015 10:06

Stones50
Fantastic

his solo album? talent? the band Cinderella?

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: December 10, 2015 18:56

Yes indeed!

Date: December 20, 2015 09:55

btw I just noticed bobby keys plays the sax on the last track of toms solo album. the song is called "Babylon". I know toms album the way life goes was recorded over a span of 10 years. it was released in 2013. if the song "Babylon" was record sometime in 2012 or early 2013 was this boby's last known studio recording on sax?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home