Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How to Disable Avast Pop-up Notifications
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 19, 2015 14:08

Do you have problems with Avast antivirus/firewall pop-ups using IORR? Then please see this:

How to Disable Avast 2015 Pop-up Notifications
[www.getavast.net]

There is nothing wrong with IORR and the security of reading posts on IORR, but some times firewall and antivirus software may get a bit crazy about sending false warnings...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-19 14:10 by bv.

Re: How to Disable Avast Pop-up Notifications
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 19, 2015 15:41

I rather let the pop-ups pop up and keep visiting IORR
These pop-ups might be useful in other cases, no ?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 19, 2015 18:53

Are 3rd party anti-virus programs even necessary with all the built in Windows protection these days?

I've had more computer problems when I used to use them than I ever had since I decided not to. Especially when the subscription periods ran out and my computer started "mysteriously" getting hung up or acting strangely and I would be continuously bombarded with notices and pop ups that a renewal was necessary.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 19, 2015 23:59

Naturalust
Are 3rd party anti-virus programs even necessary with all the built in Windows protection these days?

This is a very good point.

I'm of the view that (for all of its other faults) Windows has now got good built in protection. (MSE if you are on W7, rebadged as Defender on W10).

That installed and regularly updated is almost all you need.

Other products tend to have a dreadful hit on performance.

(In addition to the Microsoft products it's also worth running Malwarebytes standalone once a week or so. Just in case).

(Also stop visiting dodgy sites, and opening emails from people you don't know etc etc).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 20, 2015 00:59

CaptainCorella
Naturalust

This is a very good point.

I'm of the view that (for all of its other faults) Windows has now got good built in protection. (MSE if you are on W7, rebadged as Defender on W10).

That installed and regularly updated is almost all you need.

Other products tend to have a dreadful hit on performance.

(In addition to the Microsoft products it's also worth running Malwarebytes standalone once a week or so. Just in case).

(Also stop visiting dodgy sites, and opening emails from people you don't know etc etc).

Windows 10 built-in security only seems good because they set the bar so low in previous versions of Windows.

They intentionally leave a "back door" opening to this day among other inherent security issues.

Still not on par for security with most other operating systems that I am aware of.

Although,I agree that some 3rd party Windows anti-virus software programs are worse than others. Some may not be worth the time. Others will provide at least a somewhat improved degree of security but nothing to feel reasonably safe about.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 20, 2015 01:17

Naturalust

I've had more computer problems when I used to use them than I ever had since I decided not to. Especially when the subscription periods ran out and my computer started "mysteriously" getting hung up or acting strangely and I would be continuously bombarded with notices and pop ups that a renewal was necessary.

Your maybe right...but just in case.......I used AVG for years.......and forgot Avast which I used many years ago....so I removed AVG and installed Avast ....did a deep scan and found two urgent viruses..............let's see how it will work and not slow down my computer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 20, 2015 01:45

NICOS
Naturalust

Your maybe right...but just in case.......I used AVG for years.......and forgot Avast which I used many years ago....so I removed AVG and installed Avast ....did a deep scan and found two urgent viruses..............let's see how it will work and not slow down my computer

I suspect Avast would have found those two urgent viruses even if it was run on a new computer right out on the box. tongue sticking out smiley I can only speak for myself but my performance on all three of my PC's has been fine without any 3rd party virus protection software. My several bad experiences with discs crashing all happened when I had 3rd party software installed. Not that they were responsible for the disc crashes but who knows?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home