Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The movie "Creed"
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 12, 2015 00:24

A much better movie than you'd expect. Stallone does a really good job. If any of y'all dug or still dig the Rocky movies (and, yeah, there are some really bad ones in the series), check this one out. I still dig Rocky (the original), Rocky 3 as the best of the lot, IMHO.

Re: OT: The movie "Creed"
Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: December 12, 2015 00:47

yep, a well done movie. Stallone might be in the next installment but that will be that. A new franchise will have been established with very likeable characters. Stallone will still be a producer.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 12, 2015 02:11

GIMME MICK(ey)!!!

Date: December 12, 2015 02:41

Mick is dead. He's the hologram in our mind. He's chasing chickens across the lot to build up his speed. He's downing raw eggs at 4 a-m. He's running through Little Italy in Philly with the folks encouraging him on. He wants to do nothing more than go the distance since no one has gone the distance. He's Mick, he's Rocko as Pauly would say.And we all gotta love Pauly.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 12, 2015 16:25

Rocky IV was so amazingly poor that I refused to watch any since then ... and I haven't

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 12, 2015 17:00

Paulie has always been my favorite character. He is the main reason for me watching the Rocky-series. And of course I am in love with Adrian.

Date: December 13, 2015 06:57

Hey, LeonidP, I agree. Rocky IV was very bad. Have never seen Rocky V and don't ever plan to see it. Rocky Balboa from 10 years ago was okay in its own way, but not necessary re the Rocky flicks. I will advise ya not to pass up Creed. As I noted at the start of this thread, Creed's a much better movie than you'd expect. It cops from the Rocky genre, but it has it's own story to tell. Having watched it a second time this past week, it's a winner.

Re Paulie/Pauly, yeah, he was an interesting character. My fave scene re him, a small thing, is in Rocky III, when Rocky yanks him into the swimming pool. I watch that and think, god would I like to do that to some folks I know.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2015 07:35

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 14, 2015 03:48

dmay
Hey, LeonidP, I agree. Rocky IV was very bad. Have never seen Rocky V and don't ever plan to see it. Rocky Balboa from 10 years ago was okay in its own way, but not necessary re the Rocky flicks. I will advise ya not to pass up Creed. ...

It may be good, just not for me. To be honest, only the 1st Rocky was really any good, and it was great.

Flaws:
Rocky II was far too slow ... and its pretty annoying, Adrian doesn't want him to fight, so he barely trains, at least with no heart. Finally she comes out of her coma and tells him 'win', and then he trains hard for like a week, but yet somehow manages to win this time? ...... And, consider the 1st fight, he's a has-been going nowhere, and manages to overcome incredible odds stacked against him, and take the heavyweight champ to the distance, and only questionably loses by the judges decision. That's a remarkable feat. Yet despite that, for some reason Mick says he can't beat him as a southpaw in Rocky II, and makes him fight right-handed. Pretty insanely stupid!!

Rocky III - if it weren't for the amazing performance of Clubber Lang/Mr. T, that would have been just as poor as Rocky II. But he saves the film and makes it worthy of repeat viewings.

Rocky IV - the one that lost me. This superhuman steroided russian, it isn't even possible that Rocky could have given him a decent fight. But let's move past that and say he overcame amazing odds again. Would an American crowd really be rooting for the Russian fighter? No! So neither would the Russian crowd be rooting for Rocky, no matter how much heart he's showing. And they made sure to put in every stereotype about russians they could possibly find -- and that speech at the end - uggghh.

When Rocky V was released, I didn't even consider seeing it. I am confident I didn't miss anything, as I've heard from many others that somehow it was worse than Rocky IV!. So sorry Sylvester but my interest is long gone, I'll have to miss the new Creed too.

**edit -- oh yes, just remembered the most annoying thing about Rocky II. She's in her coma and he refuses to see his own child -- until they can see him together???!!! What the F! So the nurses have to care for this kid because his own dad refuses to? Wow! ...And what if she would have died, does that mean he would never have seen his kid?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-14 03:52 by LeonidP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home