Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Flight 505
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 6, 2015 21:09

Party on the Rolling Stones Plane

Party on the Rolling Stones Plane!

Who hasn't dreamed of ditching that middle seat in coach to party like a rockstar in a private plane?
This year, travelers passing through New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport will get a taste of the mile high madness thanks to the launch of a new Rolling Stones bar.

By Colleen Clark

The Rolling Stones 1972 North American tour is one of the most legendary parties in music history. Think sex, drugs, riots and rock and roll, a sleepover at the Playboy Mansion....oh and a pretty sweet private plane serving up Tequila Sunrises 24-7.

In commemoration of that mile-high madness, Jose Cuervo has created a replica inspired by the Stones' tour plane, complete with a bar made from the engine of a 747 and first class leather seats with that trademark lips logo. From November 2 to December 4, travelers passing through Terminal 4 at John F. Kennedy International Airport can take the holiday edge off with the same drinks Mick and fellow partiers like Bob Dylan would suck down: orange juice, grenadine and Jose Cuervo.

The bar was built by film set designers Air Hollywood, the creative minds behind the plane interiors you recognize from movies like Wolf of Wall Street, Bridesmaids, Money Ball and Inception.

Rock and roll and tequila? That's a pretty sweet way to spend a layover.

Re: Flight 505
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 6, 2015 21:25

As long as they don't play Miss You in the bar over the PA I'm good with it. smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 6, 2015 21:57

Naturalust
As long as they don't play Miss You in the bar over the PA I'm good with it. smoking smiley

That is odd to play something from 1978 to commemorate 1972. I still dig the era correct hot pants.

Date: November 6, 2015 22:05

24FPS
Naturalust

That is odd to play something from 1978 to commemorate 1972. I still dig the era correct hot pants.

Oh yes the hot pants were definitely the best part of the commercial. The inclusion of Miss You, totally inexcusable. It's not like they didn't have an amazing choice of other tunes actually played during the '72 tour.

Perhaps the hot pants will be required wardrobe for the bar girls in Flight 505. grinning smiley

Date: November 6, 2015 22:09

"Rock and roll and tequila? That's a pretty sweet way to spend a layover".

Tequila, airplanes, Miss You....has 'air sickness' written all over it.

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 7, 2015 00:55

Naturalust
24FPS
Naturalust

Oh yes the hot pants were definitely the best part of the commercial. The inclusion of Miss You, totally inexcusable. It's not like they didn't have an amazing choice of other tunes actually played during the '72 tour.

Perhaps the hot pants will be required wardrobe for the bar girls in Flight 505. grinning smiley

In the song, Flight 505 crashed into the ocean... I'm not digging this idea...

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 7, 2015 01:42

Jeez, I thought this was about the song, one of my all time faves. Love the opening piano riff with the hint of Satisfaction as it rolls into the drive of the full song. Wonder if they'll play any of the old Stones stuff as opposed to the hits? For long haul flights maybe they'll play "Goin' Home".

Date: November 7, 2015 01:48

dmay
Jeez, I thought this was about the song, one of my all time faves. Love the opening piano riff with the hint of Satisfaction as it rolls into the drive of the full song. Wonder if they'll play any of the old Stones stuff as opposed to the hits? For long haul flights maybe they'll play "Goin' Home".

It is truly a great song.

Apologies dmay, it was the first thought that came to mind when I read the article.
Continuing on with what BreakingBlues said above, this 'tequlia bar at an airport' idea sounds like a disaster in the making, ie Flight 505.

Date: November 7, 2015 02:20

Hairball
Continuing on with what BreakingBlues said above, this 'tequlia bar at an airport' idea sounds like a disaster in the making, ie Flight 505.

As long as the pilots stay away I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm wondering if the Stones received some kind of licensing fee for this?

Date: November 7, 2015 02:22

Naturalust
Hairball

As long as the pilots stay away I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm wondering if the Stones received some kind of licensing fee for this?

No doubt about it...has Mick ever given away anything for free?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:22

I remember bashing this topic about like 2 weeks ago.

Date: November 7, 2015 02:24

treaclefingers

The song? Or the tequila bar at an airport?
Apologies if posted twice - I never saw it! drinking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:34

I get the "inspired" part but no one should be fooled by this.

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:16

Hairball
treaclefingers

This is at least the 3rd thread about the combination of tequila and the Stones and planes and the '72 tour...

Unless I'm mistaken?

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Date: November 7, 2015 03:42

BreakingBlues
Hairball
treaclefingers

This is at least the 3rd thread about the combination of tequila and the Stones and planes and the '72 tour...

Unless I'm mistaken?

I'm not sure and haven't kept track BreakingBlues, but if you're not mistaken good eye ...thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home