Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith semi-conscious for 2 years
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 2, 2015 06:36

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Explains a lot. But he's come a long way since!

Re: Keith semi-conscious for 2 years
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: November 2, 2015 08:48

Man, Keith is such a trooper. That's one of my favourite Keith stories- Doctors say 6 month before performing, Keith says 6 weeks

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 2, 2015 09:18

This isn't news - just a rehash of things Keith has said in other interviews.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 2, 2015 09:22

I was worried when he appeared on the December 2012 Pay Per View. He looked like a mummy. He didn't really get loose and limber again until this last tour.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 2, 2015 09:56

24FPS
I was worried when he appeared on the December 2012 Pay Per View. He looked like a mummy. He didn't really get loose and limber again until this last tour.

I was worried after seeing this video:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 2, 2015 10:00

24FPS

The accident was in 2006. The effects didn't last that long--it was a serious injury, but he'd recovered by 2012. (Continuing to take the meds doesn't mean anything, btw, despite the article's suggestion--I still take similar meds from a brain aneurysm in 2003, and they have no effect at all, though there might be consequences if I quit taking them.)

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 2, 2015 10:29

I really like that 2012 PPV, great show with plenty of guests. And a rockin' version of one last shot.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 2, 2015 10:56

Really not sure what to belive here.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 2, 2015 17:50

KRiffhard
24FPS

[youtu.be]

Well of course he had to dumb down a bit to play with Johnny...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2015 20:04

Naturalust
KRiffhard
24FPS

[youtu.be]

Well of course he had to dumb down a bit to play with Johnny...

nice burn!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 2, 2015 20:12

6 more years and he could have become America's 43rd president... smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-04 21:36 by dcba.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 3, 2015 23:44

So in reality while we were all worried he was getting pushed back into performing so soon after something that traumatic, it was HIM that put himself back up there??? I felt bad for him, thought he was slowing down. Quite reckless with his health and A LOT of crappy shows all leading up to this "Slowed down" version of the Stones.

Does anybody feel cheated? Am I being insensitive? Is this wrong I'm calling him out on this?

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: November 3, 2015 23:50

I really don't agree with that ""Slowed down" version of the Stones" talk.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 4, 2015 00:08

nick
So in reality while we were all worried he was getting pushed back into performing so soon after something that traumatic, it was HIM that put himself back up there??? I felt bad for him, thought he was slowing down. Quite reckless with his health and A LOT of crappy shows all leading up to this "Slowed down" version of the Stones.

Does anybody feel cheated? Am I being insensitive? Is this wrong I'm calling him out on this?

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. It is what it is, if I truly felt cheated I would simply choose not to participate. Of course Keith has slowed down, a combination of a lot of factors. Anybody who saw Keith perform in days of old can testify that he doesn't have the same zip that he used to although I suspect some people might be intentionally blind to it. He's a old man but still putting it out there the best he can and it's good enough for now, imo

Not sure what you are calling him out on? Performing after his accident before he was able to give people a good show? I say as long as he was willing to perform that's good enough for me and he's obviously improved since then so it's kind of become a moot issue. He did fine on the last tour. A couple snafus but I'm willing to forgive him. Still better a slowed Keith that no Keith, he's not done yet!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 4, 2015 00:24

Explains the lull that those of us who saw the Stones live before, DURING and after that period saw in his playing (Shine A Light video a prime example). Glad he's back and on fire again.

PS...sorry for those things I said about yer playin' around that time buddysmileys with beer

PS2..Yer new solo record R O C K S !

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-04 00:57 by shadooby.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: November 4, 2015 01:09

all the more impressive with the shows in 2007 where he really did a great job. I was worried after the feedback the beginning of that leg and then he rose to the occation in Copenhagen and played really well.
Anyway, it is what it is, and every moment Keith is on stage is a moment I will cherish (knock on wood :-)

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 4, 2015 01:22

When he went to rehearsals I thought My God, they really need the money that bad they will force a far from healed man to get going? Those huge amps vibrate your body and his brain is having to heal like that??? That is just not right. To me it almost seemed abusive. Now he says it's him...ok.

I don't know what else to say, I simply spoke my mind and I feel foolish that I cared about Keith the person over the Stones Touring Machine.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2015 01:26

I'd say Keith was semi-conscious for a lot longer than 2 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home