Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- own Rock n Roll Venue Tour & some
Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: October 4, 2015 07:51

Hi all my younger brother & i are Travelling from OZ and going on a Rock n Roll Venue Tour of the States oct 10-18th.no gigs well maybe ? nothing planned,just a presence of being their.
we're in LA :first going too , The Whisky ,Troubadour , Hollywood Bowl ,The Staples Centre. then Vegas" MGM Grand, Ceasers Palace. then San Fran.: Cow Place ,
The filmore. Then NY: CGBG's, Cafe Wha ,MSG, Jones Beach Amphitheater,
doing Boston & Washington too. any other sugeestions appreciated ,
we are of course from a decent music era 60-75.
also checking out the Dakota in NY the Physical Graffiti cover building in NY and a few other obscure locations for Rock n Roll inspirations

Re: OT- own Rock n Roll Venue Tour & some
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 4, 2015 10:48

If you're in NY how about a trip to New Jersey and The Stone Pony?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 4, 2015 10:52

There is also a corner of Central Park over by the Dakota Buildings - where I'm sure you know he lived - called Strawberry Fields dedicated to Lennon

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 4, 2015 11:17

snibbs1234
Hi all my younger brother & i are Travelling from OZ and going on a Rock n Roll Venue Tour of the States oct 10-18th.no gigs well maybe ? nothing planned,just a presence of being their.
we're in LA :first going too , The Whisky ,Troubadour , Hollywood Bowl ,The Staples Centre. then Vegas" MGM Grand, Ceasers Palace. then San Fran.: Cow Place ,
also checking out the Dakota in NY the Physical Graffiti cover building in NY and a few other obscure locations for Rock n Roll inspirations

What, no Forum?

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: October 5, 2015 04:31

When in Boston go to the Orpheum then to Worcester sir Morgan's cove

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 5, 2015 05:00

BluzDude
snibbs1234

What, no Forum?

And the Palladium, Echoplex , Fonda Theater, El Rey, and the Santa Monica Civic to name a few other Rolling Stones related venues.

Also in Hollywood there's the Roxy, Pantages Theater, et al.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 5, 2015 07:23

In San Francisco you might be better served visiting the Great American Music Hall and the Warfield rather than the Cow Palace. The Great American Music Hall is an amazing venue with some cool history and one of the best venues in San Francisco in my opinion. Warfield gets some GREAT acts, just getting to popular for the Fillmore or the Music Hall.

Have a blast!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 5, 2015 08:01

Hey snibbseee ole mate if ya anywhere near The Kawada Hotel in LA can
ya drop in and see if they found a black sock that I left under the bed..

And the Red Wood bar is just around the corner ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: October 5, 2015 09:00

Will do old mate

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 5, 2015 09:57

It's a left sock too ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 5, 2015 11:21

wait! i think i found that sock a couple years ago whilst looking for my right shoe.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: October 5, 2015 13:33

That's a hell of a lot of miles to cover in eight days!

Don't forget the Beacon Theatre in NYC.

Good luck!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 5, 2015 15:02

Wow, that's a very busy schedule for a week.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: October 5, 2015 22:37

snibbs1234

The Troubadour has a show just about every night and usually less that $30; well worth seeing a show there by just about anyone as it truly is one of the greatest venues in the world; The Whisky also has shows every single night.

Re the Hollywood Bowl, as this will be out of season you can actually go into the bowl and wander up and down the aisles during the day, you can even get up on the stage.

Staples is a souless arena, honestly nothing to see there.

While you're in LA make sure you visit Amoeba Hollywood at Sunset & Cahuenga; the absolute greatest record store in the world.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: October 6, 2015 09:51

snibbs1234
... Then NY: CGBG's, ... ,

DonĀ“t be disappointed if they try to sell you overpriced pants and shirts and leather jackets in very very small sizes there.winking smiley
Fashion designer John Varvatos has taken over a couple of years ago. Still a cool place though. But not of the old, wild kind it used to be.

Have fun, what a great plan for a journey!

Cheers, fillmore

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home