Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie's Drum Kit
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 5, 2015 15:52

Stumbled across this. Sorry if posted before.

Re: Charlie's Drum Kit
Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: September 5, 2015 16:40

Thanks! Still the classiest guy in rock and roll.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 5, 2015 16:55

I can only see the link when using the "quote"-button...

Anyway, Charlie uses parts of the kit for decades now, can´t he afford a new one? Obviously Keith/Mick dont pay him very much for his valuable services.

This is totally confusing, always thought of him as a billionaire at least. And now I have to learn he plays an ancient drum kit.winking smiley

Btw, his talking is so funny, I love that accent and that he speaks so slow and lazy sounding. Almost as if he were booooored all the time.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 5, 2015 21:46

Love Charlie. But was a bit disappointed - thought the thread was about Charlie's Drum Kilt. Would like to see Charlie in a kilt...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 5, 2015 22:12

HMS

Anyway, Charlie uses parts of the kit for decades now, can´t he afford a new one? Obviously Keith/Mick dont pay him very much for his valuable services.

This is totally confusing, always thought of him as a billionaire at least. And now I have to learn he plays an ancient drum kit.winking smiley

Btw, his talking is so funny, I love that accent and that he speaks so slow and lazy sounding. Almost as if he were booooored all the time.

Of course you are kidding but I should point out that like guitars, vintage drums and other instruments made out of wood are typically the most desirable and best sounding. One of the reasons is that they get "broken in" and settle into an equilibrium where the sound is more consistent and vibrations more predictable. Also the craftsmanship of instruments pre 1960's seemed to be higher than what followed. Those old timers were seriously dedicated and the woods and materials they were able to work with were more readily available and less regulated and scarce that these days.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 6, 2015 05:53

HMS

What clever observations.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: September 6, 2015 16:13

Nothing to click on.

Date: September 6, 2015 20:35

StonedAsia
Nothing to click on.

Either quote it or click on the shield in the upper left corner of your browser.

Date: September 6, 2015 20:46

Sorry, not sure why it isn't showing for some, because I can see it. One time it was blank and I got a security message. Since then, it's been fine. Here is the link.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: September 6, 2015 20:52

I've seen posted it depends on the browser one is using.

Date: September 6, 2015 20:54

Another good Charlie video. I like his thoughts around 6:51. One cool @#$%&.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-06 20:56 by MingSubu.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home