Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: I'm Not There
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 4, 2015 02:06

Love this movie. Came out eight years ago today. Every time I watch it I come away with something different regarding what and who it's about. It'd be interesting to see who in the Stones could be as difficult/interesting to interpret as a person in a movie like this. Marianne Faithfull in an interview inferred the Jagger we see on stage is as much a persona as Dylan and people don't know the real Mick. Keith I see as rather straightforward - he relishes his pirate/rebel image as evidenced in the NY Times article and similar - and is using it to push his new solo album. I don't see any created persona in him. He is who he is which is cool. Anyway, if you've never seen this movie, find it and check it out. It's as interesting as the subject himself, IMHO, and has a very catty moment when the alleged Dylan character comments upon Brian Jones and his band. It also has a very cool sountrack well worth acquiring.

[alldylan.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home