Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is Cotchford Farm open to the public?
Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: August 18, 2015 22:43

I ask because there seem to be loads of photos on Facebook, etc of people knocking on the door and then wandering around the garden there.

Re: Is Cotchford Farm open to the public?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 19, 2015 03:21

What is the address?

Date: August 19, 2015 06:44

I understand it has been for sale for quite a while. The nearest village is Hartfield (Sussex), then you should take a cab from there to Cotchford Lane.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 07:23

Too many creepy stalkers, it didn't sell.
This is why Nellcote is all gated up.
Crazy fans.

[www.theargus.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 07:52 by Turner68.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 19, 2015 08:23

Is there a link to the listing on line? I would love to see the inside and grounds.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 09:38

swimtothemoon
Is there a link to the listing on line? I would love to see the inside and grounds.

the listing has been removed by the agent. it couldn't sell, apparently creepy people were just using it to gain access and photos of the place.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 19, 2015 11:52

Isn't it interesting that the article stresses more the Brian issue than the Winnie Pooh Connection? This must make the house attractive as not only all English know that book. - Maybe 2 mio Pounds are a bit too much for a house (how many rooms, how many square meters etc) in a rather remote area of the country...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:35

And people say I am not normal when I go to many shows and hang outside the rehearsals sites for weeks...

It's just a farm, or a house. At some point I have to ask myself: Must I go to Mustique or Turks & Caico? Sure it was interesting to get to Compass Point Bahamas and to walk up to Primrose Hill, and to see Richmond and what might have been the Station Hotel and so on and on and on..

May be we are all stalkers. But if other people live in these places, do we really have to trespass, climb fences and touch the wood and the walls? Does fans "pilgrim" all the school buildings in Toronto where The Stones have been rehearsing? What does it take to be a "real fan"?

So many worries for us Stones fans. Just make a new album and I will be fine!

Bjornulf

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:56

One of the smartest things we ever did in this life was enjoy this band for decades. Not much else in this world has been as WIN/WIN for so long for both band and fans.

The wave of fun with The Stones has been perennially cresting for decades.

If they just go back on tour somewhere every other 3 months I will be happy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 13:06 by everwest1.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 19, 2015 13:07

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 19, 2015 13:22

I think it's great too see as many Stones shows as I want to see ,particularly at places I would love to go to, or go to again.

Only been to rehearsals site once and that was a Friday evening and Saturday afternoon in Oslo, which was great to listen to, and meet some great fans.

I like seeing Stones associated buildings or areas and quite a few of them near my home town of Kingston in the London area.
Many years ago I was working in a big house up Kingston Hill in the same road as Ronnie lived. The owners knew him and Jo but there was no way I would try and find out about them or stalk around the outside of their place.
What I would never do is impose on peoples privacy, whether they are The Stones members themselves or people associated with them.
Security and confidentiality etc. is a big thing these days and something I have always respected. thumbs up

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 19, 2015 14:12

Taken from Green Lady's thread (see above):
Every year Mr and Mrs Johns put up with several hundred unwanted visitors on their doorstep. "On the whole the Brian Jones lot are incredibly nice and polite. They apologise for the intrusion. "The Winnie the Pooh bunch, on the other hand, think they own the place. One afternoon we caught a couple in the garden who had lined up 16 teddy bears to photograph."

Stones fans are polite stalkers!

Nevertheless, my issue is still the price. 2 mio Pounds for a 6-bedroom house, more than 30 miles from the City of London (you must be working there to afford the price...) with no reasonable public transport available?!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 19, 2015 14:18

JJHMick
Every year Mr and Mrs Johns put up with several hundred unwanted visitors on their doorstep. "On the whole the Brian Jones lot are incredibly nice and polite. They apologise for the intrusion. "The Winnie the Pooh bunch, on the other hand, think they own the place. One afternoon we caught a couple in the garden who had lined up 16 teddy bears to photograph."

Nevertheless, my issue is still the price. 2 mio Pounds for a 6-bedroom house, more than 30 miles from the City of London (you must be working there to afford the price...) with no reasonable public transport available?!

You'd pay helluva lot more for a six bed house with grounds and a pool in London!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 19, 2015 15:00

I've never understood the Jones/stones fans fascination with Cotchford. The bugger died there. Some people take water from the pool!? WTF!? Plus, people live there, leave them alone.

In saying that, had No.1 Courtfield Road not been demolished, I might have knocked on the door when I went there a few years ago. grinning smiley

In saying that again, I always keep in mind that with any stones historic building, they are not there and the buildings don't hold anything of them there either. They are just buildings.

Interesting to see, but a bit much to bother the people currently living in them etc.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 19, 2015 15:54

Father Ted
JJHMick

You'd pay helluva lot more for a six bed house with grounds and a pool in London!

It's not on the market any longer - either sold or they decided not to sell: [www.rightmove.co.uk]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 19, 2015 16:50

Nice to see that rightmove got their facts right about Brian.

'In later years, the house attracted another famous owner, the hugely talented musician and founder of The Rolling Stones, Brian Jones, who owned the house until his untimely death in 1969.'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home