Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT: Any rock stars from your home town?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 23, 2011 01:09

Pulling for ya, Bro.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: June 23, 2011 06:51

Not my hometown but near me Joni Mitchell has a summer home.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 23, 2011 07:24

A minor punk star, Jack (Corradi) Rabid, lived down the street from me. But my hometown, Summit, NJ, may be one of the only towns that was home to both an Indy 500 winner (Mark Donahue '72) and a major league batting champion (Willie Wilson AL '82).

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: June 23, 2011 07:32

Les Paul

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: June 23, 2011 08:53

yes- I went to school with a a famous rock drummer we all know the band

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: June 23, 2011 09:41

Tetsu Yamauchi

courtesy of Mr. Alan Merrill

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 23, 2011 09:45

Toru A
Tetsu Yamauchi

courtesy of Mr. Alan Merrill

Wow - great to see a picture of Tetsu. What's he up to these days? He's an absolute legend for having played with both Free and The Faces.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 23, 2011 11:23

For the French posters here on IORR I must add that I do know some of the bands I posted the videos yesterday aren't from my hometown winking smiley

Since only three people here have already been to Lyon -my hometown- I thought that it would be better to say "France" instead.
I guess that everybody knows where France is grinning smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 23, 2011 12:10

Carlos Santana

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 23, 2011 15:40

24FPS
Indianapolis, fairly large city, you'd think there'd be somebody, but nope, not a one. Hotbed of jazz players, among them trumpeter Freddie Hubbard, trombonist J.J. Johnson, guitarist Wes Montgomery. John Hiatt is not really a rock and roller, more of a folkie.

Just saw John Hiatt the other night with Lyle Lovett! What a great show.

Date: June 23, 2011 15:45

Chuck Berry.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 23, 2011 16:10

SwayStones

I was not born in Holland ,so what ?smoking smiley

Sure, Herman Brood!

I was asked to do security for Herman Brood & His Wild Romance, that's to say to safeguard one open window, at a gig of his at Halle Gartlage in the town of Osnabrück back in circa 1978 to 1980. The job got me and my girlfriend ten Marks each plus free supply of drinks from the bar, plus the priceless feeling of standing swanky on stage behind the band by the amps during the last couple of numbers, what else?

Posted by: hummingbird ()
Date: June 23, 2011 17:01

SwayStones
For the French posters here on IORR I must add that I do know some of the bands I posted the videos yesterday aren't from my hometown winking smiley

Since only three people here have already been to Lyon -my hometown- I thought that it would be better to say "France" instead.

So that was intentional...
I must admit you fooled me, Swaystones
smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 23, 2011 17:31

Bobby Womack, Traci Chapman, The Outsiders, The Rasberries, Michael Stanley Band, Benjamin Orr from The Cars, Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders, Levert, I'm sure there's others. Jerry Shirley from Humble Pie used to be a DJ here in the eighties and early nineties. He may not be rock 'n' roll, but Henry Mancini is from Cleveland as well.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 23, 2011 21:22

SwayStones

the only French band I am familiar with is Phoenix ...and their music irritates me. as far as Lyon is concerned , I once took a train from Marseilles to Paris that went through Lyon.smiling smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 23, 2011 21:46

BluzDude
SwayStones

the only French band I am familiar with is Phoenix ...and their music irritates me. as far as Lyon is concerned , I once took a train from Marseilles to Paris that went through Lyon.smiling smiley
Well then that makes 4 people who've been to Lyon.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: June 23, 2011 22:07

The Who are the only Acton boys I can think of are the Who although Mott the Hoople lived their and I did once football in Acton with one hit wonder Carl Douglas and his young friend.

Date: June 23, 2011 22:30

Rocky Dijon
Bobby Womack, Traci Chapman, The Outsiders, The Rasberries, Michael Stanley Band, Benjamin Orr from The Cars, Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders, Levert, I'm sure there's others. Jerry Shirley from Humble Pie used to be a DJ here in the eighties and early nineties. He may not be rock 'n' roll, but Henry Mancini is from Cleveland as well.

Michael Stanley Band were awesome, saw them many times in highschool here in St. Louis My wife still laughs at me for wearing out my North Coast tour shirt while in college since she'd never heard of them. >grinning smiley<

Date: June 23, 2011 23:54

kovach
Rocky Dijon

Michael Stanley Band were awesome, saw them many times in highschool here in St. Louis My wife still laughs at me for wearing out my North Coast tour shirt while in college since she'd never heard of them. >grinning smiley<
I love this song from MSB.

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: June 24, 2011 02:06

from my actual hometown, Royal Oak, MI ... Glenn Fry. My sister and her (then) future hubby graduated high school with him ... (in '65)

From the metro Detroit area ... wow ... a HUGE list lolol got Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, MOTOWN, Grand Funk Railroad, and these are the ones I can think of right off hand that are well known.
--------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-25 03:58 by MissNBrian.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 24, 2011 02:30

Orri Páll drummer of Sigur Ros is from my home town Seltjarnarnes. Actually I am his proud father!!
Vilborg Ása bassist of Mammut is also from my home town of Seltjarnarnes as I am, yes her proud father!
Björk has a house some 5 kilometers away in Reykjavík.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 24, 2011 02:41

David Robinson drummer for the Cars born and bread in my hometown.
Woburn Massachusetts 10 miles north of Boston.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: June 24, 2011 02:54

All hail from Brooklyn, NY

Carmine Appice

Neil Diamond

Barry Manilow

Lisa Fisher

Buddy Rich

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 24, 2011 03:06

Van Morrison

Gary Moore

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 24, 2011 03:06

Great song by Michael Stanley Band to let down the windows and crank it!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 24, 2011 04:08

Rocky Dijon

Very cool!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 24, 2011 18:21

Rocky Dijon

I always thought Chrissie was from Akron ?

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 24, 2011 18:54

Hey MissnBrian...I'm from Royal Oak too(still here)the only one I can think of is Glen Frey who went to Dondero several years before me...I used to hear him jam in a garage that was across the street from the tennis courts...

Date: June 24, 2011 18:58

Gazza
Rocky Dijon

I always thought Chrissie was from Akron ?
She is. Evidently Rocky just decide to annex Akron as a part of Cleveland. Maybe it'll improve the place.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 24, 2011 19:53

TeaAtThree
The late Frank Zappa is from Bawlmer, Maryland.

So are Ric Ocasek, David Byrne, and John Doe.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home