Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jerry cover story titled MICK & ME in new "RadioTimes Magazine"
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 08:17

I just know of it, don't have it.

Re: Jerry cover story titled MICK & ME in new "RadioTimes Magazine"
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2015 08:21

Hey Jerry ... everybody still loves Mick ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2015 09:45

Here's some of it ....[www.dailymail.co.uk]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 4, 2015 11:47

Her relationship with Sangster started when she found out Jagger, now 72, was cheating on her with Italian model Carla Bruni.

She had intercepted a fax from Miss Bruni to Jagger which read 'Let's spend the night together' and was naturally furious.

What ?

Affair with Sangster: 1983 at which time Carla Bruni was...15. I don't think they met until 1990.

Can't remember where I read that (a Mick bio probably) but Sangster explained that Mick was sobbing on the phone to him about getting Jerry back and he didn't find that very manly. I'm surprised the dailymail didn't mention that in their "article", probably couldn't be bothered to do any decent research.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-04 12:02 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 4, 2015 11:57

Jerry has said straight through that Mick begged her to take him back. She seems like a vey warm person and a great mother. She's very popular in the UK. I think she could have been very happy, certainly a lot happier, if she had been involved with someone other than Mick.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 14:26

I always hoped they would get back together, that would be so romantic. I love happy endingsgrinning smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 4, 2015 15:11

I love him too...glad it's from a distance. His hobby would be brutal to tolerate.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 4, 2015 17:30

I thought the gossip about Carla Bruni was Jerry was pregnant with Georgia Jagger, on Mustique, called up Carla and said (not quoting, just the gist of it)
Back up off my man sister! This is a FAMILY.

I've always admired Jerry's positive attitude, breath of fresh air view on aging, and she and Mick have, by seemingly all accounts, reared 4 healthy, well balanced children, not easy to do by any means, let alone in the spotlight of fame and excess money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-04 17:30 by 35love.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 4, 2015 17:52

Mick was so moved by Jerry Hall while in Arlington this year he crooned a song to her...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 4, 2015 18:01

A geneology series?? Is it popular? Not something I would tune into, but to each his own. I come from circus people and button makers, that's all I need to know.
As for Jerry Hall, I too have always admired her, not that she's perfect, but none of us are. I'm glad she has thrived in her post Mick life, she seems to be a great gal...and hats off to her for her determination to grow old fearlessly.

Date: August 4, 2015 18:56

LB, it's quite an interesting series, 'Who Do You Think You Are?' The geneology team dig up all the details of a celebrity's antecedents, and the celeb's reactions are filmed. There's often some surprising aspect. They did an episode on Marianne.

Date: August 4, 2015 19:45

gotdablouse

Affair with Sangster: 1983 at which time Carla Bruni was...15. I don't think they met until 1990.

It was around the time that the two brothers in the Stones, Darryl Jones and Brian Jones, wrote Fingerprint File together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-04 19:47 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 4, 2015 20:12

Marrying a man like Mick Jagger and expecting to turn him into a one-woman man? Sounds like she may have set her expectations a bit high, ya think?

I always thought the whole "we were never legally married" thing was a bit distasteful on Mick's part however and feel a bit sorry for what Jerry had to endure throughout that affair.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 4, 2015 20:16

Title5Take1
gotdablouse

It was around the time that the two brothers in the Stones, Darryl Jones and Brian Jones, wrote Fingerprint File together.

made me laugh!

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 4, 2015 20:17

Rockman
Hey Jerry ... everybody still loves Mick ....

made me laugh harder!

Date: August 4, 2015 20:42

Naturalust
Marrying a man like Mick Jagger and expecting to turn him into a one-woman man? Sounds like she may have set her expectations a bit high, ya think?

I always thought the whole "we were never legally married" thing was a bit distasteful on Mick's part however and feel a bit sorry for what Jerry had to endure throughout that affair.

She loved him and wanted to believe he'd change for her. It's not uncommon. Yes, the post Jerry break up period was a low point for Mick. But the fact that Jerry Hall speaks about him with such fondness is a testament to his true character. He just screwed up royally back then.

Date: August 4, 2015 20:49

Bliss
LB, it's quite an interesting series, 'Who Do You Think You Are?' The geneology team dig up all the details of a celebrity's antecedents, and the celeb's reactions are filmed. There's often some surprising aspect. They did an episode on Marianne.

I'll take your word for it, Bliss. Actually, it does sound like it's worth a peek. But, I imagine they have to stretch it sometimes to come up with some interesting past association, most people come from average, everyday plodders. There are all kinds of geneology sites and classes now, so I guess it has become a popular pastime. I don't much care, though I would love to discover a rich relative. smiling smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 4, 2015 20:52

latebloomer
Naturalust

She loved him and wanted to believe he'd change for her. It's not uncommon. Yes, the post Jerry break up period was a low point for Mick. But the fact that Jerry Hall speaks about him with such fondness is a testament to his true character. He just screwed up royally back then.

Yes no doubt Mick is a very lovable guy, just ask any of his thousands of lovers. Ha! No blame or judgement here bloomer, it's nice to see they still share some love and that it transcends their "marriage", a testament to both their characters I'd say. I wonder if similar feeling exist between him and Bianca? I somehow doubt it.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 4, 2015 21:16

Bliss

[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 5, 2015 02:54

Unless the Radio Times version says something more, I can't see that the interview says anything we don't already know. Jerry has to be admired for not bad-mouthing Mick in public after all he put her through. Maybe she had other underlying reasons for keeping schtum, but I would like to think that she didn't succumb to kissing and telling all for their children's sake. Whatever, she seems to have retained her dignity and self-respect, which is quite a feat in the circumstances. And she was also right there for him when he lost L'Wren.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 5, 2015 03:01

Naturalust
latebloomer
Naturalust

Yes no doubt Mick is a very lovable guy, just ask any of his thousands of lovers. Ha! No blame or judgement here bloomer, it's nice to see they still share some love and that it transcends their "marriage", a testament to both their characters I'd say. I wonder if similar feeling exist between him and Bianca? I somehow doubt it.

I didn't always, but I like Jerry. WHen I was growing up, I was sort of that girl who who was disappointed when my favorite artists hooked up with models. I was a bit of a snob.
But we all get older and realize things are not black and white. With Mick and Bianca, theirs was such a bitter divorce and that acrimony lasted a very long time. But more recently, Mick and Bianca seemed to have reached some kind of reconnection, as exes who can coexist. I never thought I would see that, but people mellow, and anger and hurt eventually fades...
And I like how Jerry has created this wall of family around Mick regardless of whether they're together or not or how he has mistreated her in the past. She's earned my respect. More recently, I'd say in the last few years, that familial spirit has included Bianca. Bianca has tweeted very nice things about Jerry, and Elizabeth and Georgia have tweeted sweet things about Bianca. Maybe after all these years, Bianca and Jerry finally realized that their experience with Mick is not so different: they both loved him in their own ways at different times in his life, and both got pummeled by his infidelities etc...and now that they've aged, they see their commonality more clearly, and seem to have developed a genuine mutual respect. I never would have predicted that because their roles naturally poised them at opposite ends for such a long time. I've noticed this bond more after L'Wren's death, and Bianca seems to be part of this familial support system Jerry has built around Mick with their respective children and now grandchildren.
I don't think that would have been possible without Jerry. I think she has genuinely good spirit, and maybe its a southern thing...that willingness to look past the shit and just get on with it and make friends.
And yes, that these two very strong women still have an affection toward Mick says a lot about his character, flaws and all.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-05 03:04 by stupidguy2.

Date: August 5, 2015 08:40

I don't know, SG, the pics of Bianca at Jade's wedding paint a different picture. The contrast between her and Mick is almost comical. Either that, or she hates Jade's husband.

As to solidarity between Mick's exes - Marianne and Carla Bruni are good friends.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 5, 2015 08:59

Bliss, don't burst my bubble. I like the new extended Jagger family!
That's one picture though Bliss that the likes of the Daily Mail loved reprinting .. Even L'Wren tweeted how Bianca had a smile that lit up a room.. And she is smiling in the other pics. And in a pic with Lwren and Mick at the Serpentine event later that year they seemed genuinely warm toward each other,
L'wren seemed to admire and like Bianca, would invite her to events..and maybe she bridged a gap there ..
Plus, Bianca had always looked uncomfortable in photos.. I think that's why people assumed she was a bitch..
I do miss L'wren though..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-05 09:03 by stupidguy2.

Date: August 5, 2015 09:30

I miss L'Wren too. Mick had finally found the perfect woman - beautiful, elegant, accomplished, hard-working, warm. I can't recall a single photo where you can't see her affection for him, usually all scrunched down to compensate for his lack of height. I am convinced her suicide was due to a broken heart, as well as over her business.

Bianca certainly appears warm in other pics, eg with Jade and her grandchildren, but in the wedding pics, she looks like she is struggling not to vomit. And there's Mick with his happy smile and stripey lavender suit!

Jerry is genuinely warm and always has been. One thing I recall - even though she and Mick had painfully split up, she still included his father at the family Sunday lunch, up until his death. Maybe Mick too. Finally she drew the line and made Mick and L'Wren move out from next door, but she put up with it for quite awhile.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-05 09:43 by Bliss.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 5, 2015 09:48

Ok, since I doubt if Rockman gets the Radio Times delivered to the Bunker...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 5, 2015 16:08

Title5Take1
gotdablouse

Came out of left field but funny nonetheless ;-)

I still have press clippings somewhere from 1983 where Jerry had apparently declared that Sangster could buy Mick 10 times over, or somethings like that, hehe...wasn't around that time too that someone had tagged Mick's house with insults to Jerry ? Still somewhat scandalous at the time...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: August 5, 2015 16:12

Thanks for the full article, Green Lady. Jerry is an inspiration in how to let go of the past and be happy. Mick's lucky to have her in his life and I bet he realizes it now more than ever.

Date: August 5, 2015 20:32

>>> "I recently went on holiday with him and the kids. We went to Mustique and had the best time." <<<

So Mick and Jerry behaved themselves...?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 5, 2015 23:46

I wonder if Jerry ever patched things up with Brian Ferry? By all accounts he
was devastated when she traded up for Mick.

Wasn't Jerry and Mick an item while Mick was still Married to Bianca? If so,
then Jerry must have had a clue about the marital bliss with Mick.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 6, 2015 04:22

I never liked Jerry because I found her to be LOUD in that annoying TEXAN way...but as the years went by, and Mick had the usual traumas like the death of his parents, Jerry was always there...supporting him. She seems like a decent person with a real heart. And when L'Wren died, again she came to Mick's " emotional rescue"...sorry, had to do it. But I think there's a genuine love between them and you have to be glad that she is such a good friend to him.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home