Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi-OT: Ronnie Wood on Faces song Stay With Me
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 5, 2015 17:39

Can we just discuss how funny it is that Ronnie Wood has been in the greatest band of all time for 40 years now and contributed almost no groundbreaking material, whereas he delivered possibly the greatest song of all time with his previous group? I just find that juxaposition hilarious.

In no way is this meant to demean Mr. Wood. I think he's a fabulous guitar player, if not a little one note, that just doesn't get used properly in the Stones. But its just so funny whenever I hear Stay With Me. It truly is one of my favorite songs of all time, and in my mind it should certainly be in the running for "best rock song ever". And that is in no small part because of Wood. Like if you were on that song, it would be my resume. "What's your resume? Oh, Stay With Me! Thats all the paper says." Thats all the paper would have to say. You get what I'm saying? After hearing that song, I'd be like "get HIM for the Stones!" And they did, and he's just so neutered.

I just find it hysterical that once he handed a resume like that into the Stones, he and them have done nothing even CLOSE to that. More just funny that I do genuinely think the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band of all time, and their guitarist Ronnie Wood wrote the BEST rock and roll song of all time BEFORE he joined the greatest rock and roll band of all time. Hilarious to me. What say you about what I think is the greatest song in the world?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-05 17:42 by RollingFreak.

Re: Semi-OT: Ronnie Wood on Faces song Stay With Me
Date: August 5, 2015 17:44

RollingFreak
Can we just discuss how funny it is that Ronnie Wood has been in the greatest band of all time for 40 years now and contributed almost no groundbreaking material...

I mean, how could you even pitch an album title in that band without Mick and Keith shooting it down, much less an actual song...!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 5, 2015 17:45

I think Miss Judy's Farm is better.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 5, 2015 17:58

Oh yeah Stay With Me has it all, top billing totally agree, love this tune.

But let's not feel too sorry for Ronnie. He's put out solo albums (never been inclined to try listening to one)
he had lots of years (decades) drinking and other chemicals, which can be quite time consuming,
and oh yeah-
been having to ultimate guitar players' dream I'd think, playing massive shows with the Stones, and gettin' paid fat.
Love Ronnie. Thanks Ronnie. So special to see him clear, settled looking like happy within himself/ life/ love,
and playing at his best now lots are saying!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 5, 2015 19:52

Lol yeah, I don't feel sorry for Ronnie. Just funny how that worked out. I too have never sought out his solo albums. He's got the best of both worlds with the Stones and Stay With Me. I loved his performance at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Its why I could never hate him. He means so well and seems like such an easygoing nice guy.

Miss Judy's Farm is also a great song, but for me as cliche as it is, Stay With Me is their pinnacle. That right there is the definition of what fun is in rock and roll.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home