Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Salt Of The Earth
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 2, 2015 08:47

In Praise of BV

...no one is perfect.

This gentleman, Bjornulf Vik, hosts the lousy lot of us for free on his own time.

There are some rules we don't like. Hell, we can't even agree on the rules we don't like. It's his self-appointed role to manage this shower of sh*t everyday, and if he doesn't get it 'right', we're all over him about it pretty quickly.

He's the day-in day-out scapegoat that gets an inordinate amount of abuse from 'anonymous users' and periodically goes 'Dirty Harry' and pisses some of us off, while many more others quietly applaud.

Through mutual love of this band, he's created a fun, informative, lively and very popular place for people to hang out during the day.

He has rules, some of them may seem out of place or arbitrary occasionally...but it's his damn website...we're his guests.

So, while we all have had a bit of fun today with this alternate universe website...let's not make it at anyone's expense, particularly BV.

If you've been banned, hell, you probably deserved it and you know it...if you didn't deserve it, hey, there is always room for error so just suck it up and get on with life.

So, enjoy the new website and continue enjoying IORR...and thank BV for the opportunity for all of us to exchange ideas, music, information, and occasionally fisticuffs.

Thanks BV, you are appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 14:29 by bv.

Re: In Praise of BV
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 2, 2015 09:00

amen to this.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 2, 2015 09:38

Please feel appreciated, BV
I don't know what the "alternate universe" bit is,
but please feel appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 09:58 by with sssoul.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 2, 2015 10:21

with sssoul

I don't know what the "alternate universe" bit is,

A lot of primal therapy; let's just leave it at that.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: August 2, 2015 10:28

This is a good, well-run and fun board. IMO, any angst and friction is because the Stones themselves cause it and we take it out here. At least that's the way it is for me. Mine is a love-hate (hate due to the setlists) relationship with the Stones and I can live with that. It's better than no Stones at all. I'd rather vent here rather than kick the dog. BV does a great job.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 10:30 by josepi.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 2, 2015 11:20

Always nice to see some humanity here, then of course someone has to try to ruin it. I think if God were standing next to these people they would figure a way to discredit it. Anyhow, definitely a big thank you to BV. I visit here a few times a day, making it the most viewed internet page for me.

Re: Salt Of The Earth
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 2, 2015 14:32

Thanks for the nice comments. Unfortunately such personal threads will wake up trolls and make a lot of personal discussions and disbutes/hate, so I will close this by saying thank you to everyone who make IORR as it is today. You are the real Salt Of The Earth. And to the trolls, sorry, sorry, the sun is up and you will simply go away.

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home