Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Warhol By The Book Exhibit-Snapshots Of Mick!
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 25, 2015 02:31

At the Williams College Museum of Art on the Williams College campus, Williamstown, Massachusetts there's an Andy Warhol exhibit that is amazing! It runs until August 16 and if anyone is the area, it is worth checking out---especially if you happen to be a Stones fan. Most of the exhibit features his drawings and book cover artwork dating from the late 40's. In one room, called " From The Library of Andy Warhol", the museum has it set up like you were walking into a room in his home--his library where there are shelves filled with his actual book collection. You can sit and read Andy's books! There are also photos of Mick & Bianca from the Studio 54 days and lots of other celebrity photos. The BEST FIND for me was a small, torn & frayed photo album with the actual color polaroids from the session with Mick that resulted in Warhol's silk-screened collection ( from 1975 pre-tour Montauk days). I could have purchased a few of these NOW TREMENDOUSLY EXPENSIVE silk-screened masterpieces for $4000 each back in the early 80's at a Soho gallery, NYC....now they're out of my price range BY A LOT! Wish I could have reached inside the case and " borrowed" that photo album! Oh, well, maybe another day!

Re: Warhol By The Book Exhibit-Snapshots Of Mick!
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 25, 2015 21:37

How did you find this?

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 25, 2015 22:33

so cool! Wish I were there

Date: July 30, 2015 00:16

I am a salesperson for an online local news-provider for all of the Berkshires ( iBerkshires.com)and the Williams College Museum is my client. I ran an ad for them promoting this exhibit so of course I went to check it out. I was surprised at how great it was and when I saw the small red battered photo album with the color Poloroids of Mick I actually was thinking of how I might get my hands into that case!! Those silk-screened images are a real sore spot with me as I explained in my previous post...I want one of those originals SOOOO BAD! Ah well, that's one dream that might never come true. I remember Mick and the Boys were in rehearsals for the '75 Tour of the Americas in Montauk where Warhol lived and so Warhol stopped by and took the photos. Mick had recently had a little mishap with a plate glass window, putting his hand through the window and slicing up his arm and wrist pretty bad. In a few of the shoots you can see the bandage.
Anyway, if you're out that way, stop in! You'll enjoy it!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 30, 2015 02:12

mickschix
I am a salesperson for an online local news-provider for all of the Berkshires ( iBerkshires.com)and the Williams College Museum is my client. I ran an ad for them promoting this exhibit so of course I went to check it out. I was surprised at how great it was and when I saw the small red battered photo album with the color Poloroids of Mick I actually was thinking of how I might get my hands into that case!! Those silk-screened images are a real sore spot with me as I explained in my previous post...I want one of those originals SOOOO BAD! Ah well, that's one dream that might never come true. I remember Mick and the Boys were in rehearsals for the '75 Tour of the Americas in Montauk where Warhol lived and so Warhol stopped by and took the photos. Mick had recently had a little mishap with a plate glass window, putting his hand through the window and slicing up his arm and wrist pretty bad. In a few of the shoots you can see the bandage.

Since I was 15 years old, I had always wanted one of the those silkscreens! I managed find a print from some record or poster store about 20 years ago, and I have no idea what happened to it. Its a very cool, iconic Mick.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: July 30, 2015 15:12

mickschix

Hi Mickschix. I also remember seeing those amazing warhols silkscreens of Mick somewhere in SOHO in the early 80's and trying to convince my parents to buy one, obviously with no luck. They where accessible back then. And BTW, I went to the Berkshire School in the early 80's. Love the area. Cheers.

Date: July 30, 2015 17:57

Hi ChefGuevara!! So, you know my neck of the woods very well! It is beautiful here...very remote but I guess that's good in some ways. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of these Warhol silk screened portraits as THE HOLY GRAIL of collectibles!If I EVER hit the lottery, I would buy one in a New York minute! If only I could go back to that gallery in the Village/Soho ( actually I saw them in several galleries, all priced about the same...so affordable by today' standards..of course..today they cost close to $300,000 and up!) I think I'll check on the going rate..I haven't priced them in quite awhile. Please to meet you, Chef!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home