Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Reviews of Buffalo shows, 1966-97
Posted by: dgiorr ()
Date: July 18, 2015 16:16

I had missed this when it first appeared on July 10, and it probably has a limited shelf life before going into a paid archive.

But [buffalo.com] has reviews of all the Stones shows in Buffalo through 1997: 1966, 1972 twice, 1978, 1981, and 1997.

They're jpgs from microfilm, so some need to be blown up in a photo editor for readability, but pretty interesting.

I'm getting the vibe that the paper - which is a really good one, actually - has long had trouble with the band.

They got a couple details wrong in their review of this year's show. In another article leading up to it (already posted in the forum), they said "Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts are expected to strut on stage at around 9:15 p.m" (yes, Bill Wyman, in 2015, and no Ronnie). And in 1978, they mentioned "Johnny B. Goode," multiple times, as the opening number when of course it was "Let It Rock," same as had been the case for the several shows they'd already done on the tour.

Oh well. Interesting reading.

Re: Reviews of Buffalo shows, 1966-97
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 18, 2015 16:26

I have all the original articles in a scrapbook. The 75 Aud show refers to Keith as Keith Richardson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home