Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's Home In Turks & Caicos
Posted by: Ram ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:12

I am on vacation here in Turks & Caicos and have been asking around to hear some good stories about Keith. Before I arrived here I knew Keith had a house here but I wanted to know if he ever came around any of the bars and restaurants. What I have learned so far is that Keith apparently gets around the island very well. Not a recluse at all. Yesterday I asked the captain who I was fishing with if he knew any Keith Stories and he told me that he once was chartering an excursion passed Keith's house and saw a man sitting in a chair playing guitar. Assuming it was Keith,someone took a picture. When they zoomed in the picture it was Justin Beiber. So from that point on I have been imagining Keith out partying at the local fish fry and visiting various bars. I would love to come back here after the tour and run into him.

Re: Keith's Home In Turks & Caicos
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:22

I've never met Keith, and I dislike gossip, but everything I have ever heard second hand is very positive and as you say indicates that he leads an active lifestyle. A friend of a friend once dated his daughter.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2015 11:26

there is another story out there where keith goes fishing, then hires a plane to fly low and freak some friends out on a boat. will find it later

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:32

Cay is pronounced key:

Keith Richards, Rocky Point Villa, Turks and Caicos 5 of 11

The Scoop: Richards’s estate is one of the multimillion-dollar private residences
at Parrot Cay—and it’s his favorite place to relax. It lies on nearly two acres of
beachfront property and has three bedrooms, all with ocean views and claw-foot bathtubs.
There’s a 60-inch rear projection television and DVD player set up in the living room, and
outside, you’ll find a heated, negative-edge swimming pool as well as a garden tiki hut
that’s perfect for massages.

The Price: $8,107 per night.

[www.travelandleisure.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:35

This article has the writer not knowing their geography...

It was late January, and the Rolling Stones icon was chilling on a wooden dock overlooking the turquoise waters surrounding Parrot Cay, a Caribbean islet that bills itself as "the world's most exclusive resort."

The 1,000-acre private island is in Turks and Caicos, a semi-obscure archipelago east of Cuba that has been propelled into the limelight by its rising popularity with the glitterati.

[www.turksandcaicostourism.com]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:11

keefriffhards
there is another story out there where keith goes fishing, then hires a plane to fly low and freak some friends out on a boat. will find it later

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

That story takes place in Martha's Vineyard a few years ago, when Keith went out fishing for striped bass with this guy:

[www.mvmagazine.com]

I’ve heard some stories about you and Keith Richards. Care to share?

I’ve known Keith for thirty years: We used to party at the Outermost Inn back in the late seventies. About five years ago, Keith came back to the Island, and I was up at my mom’s restaurant, the Aquinnah Shop, and Keith was walking down from the overlook with a bunch of his friends from London, and he says, “Buddy! Buddy Vanderhoop! What are you doing? I’m here for the whole summer. Let’s go fishing.” So Keith shows up at my boat at 7 a.m., and he’s got a ten-ounce cup in his hand. I say, “What’s in the cup, Keith?” He says [attempting a British accent], “Oh, vodka and grapefruit. Grapefruit’s a morning drink, you know.”

So we went out, we started catching lots of fish, and after every fish he caught, he’d have a cocktail. By the time we got back to the dock at noontime, he was plastered. I have pictures of him laying down on the dock with the fish, with a big shit-eatin’ grin on his face with his cocktail. [Laughing.]

After I filleted their fish, he said, “Buddy, this afternoon, I’m going to freak you out.” I said, “I don’t think so, I’m going to be out fishing.” And he said, “You’ll see.”

I didn’t think anything about it. I got my clients on the boat, we left, and we started catching fish. I was fishing right at the end of Zack’s Cliffs [in Aquinnah], and all of a sudden, around the bend of Squibnocket Point, comes this – I think it was an early 1940s vintage B-17 bomber. My clients were still in the back fishing, and all of a sudden the plane goes into a dive and came within probably one hundred feet of my antenna, and then the pilot crammed all the power of the four engines, and it made such a roar when it buzzed that my clients all hit the deck. Keith Richards was in the front glass gun turret, laughing his ass off, and his son Marlon was in the gun turret on the top, and his friends from London were in the gun turret in the back, and they were just cracking up. They buzzed me four times. It was – pretty unique. It had never happened to me before.

Or since, probably.

Right. When he’s here I go over to his house for dinner three or four times. Very dedicated family man, does a lot of things with his kids. He wanted to go fishing with me last year, but it was the end of their tour, and Mick [Jagger] said, “No, we have to practice.” I said, “Practice? You been playing that same stuff for forty years!”

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:33

Green Lady
keefriffhards

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

That story takes place in Martha's Vineyard a few years ago, when Keith went out fishing for striped bass with this guy:

[www.mvmagazine.com]

I’ve heard some stories about you and Keith Richards. Care to share?

I’ve known Keith for thirty years: We used to party at the Outermost Inn back in the late seventies. About five years ago, Keith came back to the Island, and I was up at my mom’s restaurant, the Aquinnah Shop, and Keith was walking down from the overlook with a bunch of his friends from London, and he says, “Buddy! Buddy Vanderhoop! What are you doing? I’m here for the whole summer. Let’s go fishing.” So Keith shows up at my boat at 7 a.m., and he’s got a ten-ounce cup in his hand. I say, “What’s in the cup, Keith?” He says [attempting a British accent], “Oh, vodka and grapefruit. Grapefruit’s a morning drink, you know.”

So we went out, we started catching lots of fish, and after every fish he caught, he’d have a cocktail. By the time we got back to the dock at noontime, he was plastered. I have pictures of him laying down on the dock with the fish, with a big shit-eatin’ grin on his face with his cocktail. [Laughing.]

After I filleted their fish, he said, “Buddy, this afternoon, I’m going to freak you out.” I said, “I don’t think so, I’m going to be out fishing.” And he said, “You’ll see.”

I didn’t think anything about it. I got my clients on the boat, we left, and we started catching fish. I was fishing right at the end of Zack’s Cliffs [in Aquinnah], and all of a sudden, around the bend of Squibnocket Point, comes this – I think it was an early 1940s vintage B-17 bomber. My clients were still in the back fishing, and all of a sudden the plane goes into a dive and came within probably one hundred feet of my antenna, and then the pilot crammed all the power of the four engines, and it made such a roar when it buzzed that my clients all hit the deck. Keith Richards was in the front glass gun turret, laughing his ass off, and his son Marlon was in the gun turret on the top, and his friends from London were in the gun turret in the back, and they were just cracking up. They buzzed me four times. It was – pretty unique. It had never happened to me before.

Or since, probably.

Right. When he’s here I go over to his house for dinner three or four times. Very dedicated family man, does a lot of things with his kids. He wanted to go fishing with me last year, but it was the end of their tour, and Mick [Jagger] said, “No, we have to practice.” I said, “Practice? You been playing that same stuff for forty years!”

thanks green lady. i had the magazine somewhere but could'nt find it. its a great story. i can just picture Keith and Marlon in the gun turret on the top the B-17 bomber grinning away lol. Keith's life is the stuff of legend even this late in his life. Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home