Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Your favourite outfits worn by the Stones
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: June 25, 2015 21:26

What are your favourite outfits worn by the band members, on and off stage.

Why?

Keith's spray painted jeans, salmon shirt and Japanese-themed bandana worn onstage in 1990 stands out for me. Who else could carry that look in middle age?

All insights appreciated.

Thanks,

Olly.

*Apologies if too close to the 'My Fav pic ever!' discussions.*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 04:39 by Olly.

Re: 'Done up in lace, done up in rubber': your favourite outfits worn by the Stones
Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:45

Keith at Budokon 03

Mick SFD Voodoo Lounge 94/95

Ronnie is really looking cool right now. Love his shoes.

Charlie is Charlie.

Chinese girls are so gentle they're really such a tease...

Thanks.

Tim

Re: 'Done up in lace, done up in rubber': your favourite outfits worn by the Stones
Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:54

I really like the two tone long sleeve shirts Mick has been wearing on this tour. The whole band looks great tho.

Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:57

I really like the two tone long sleeve shirts Mick has been wearing on this tour. The whole band looks great tho. Saw Keith wearing a Captian America t shirt from Target in a clip from Nashville pre show (its on RS.com) I have that shirt too. smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 23:47

Lipsgogreen
Keith at Budokon 03

Tim

Yes, certainly better than what he wears for that number these days.

'[T]he dreadful gorilla suit' is how one of the more eloquent members of this site described it...

Olly.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:01

Can't really beat rock star wardrobe Keith had in the 70's. He made just about anything look cool. Perhaps it was the Anita factor.

But gone are the days of crocodile skin boots and otherwise fancy footwear. These days it's more just about the color of the sneakers they will be wearing, cause they're all wearing them.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:20

Keith in that Tibetan prayer flag. cool smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:25

High point - Charlie's socks.

Low point - Mick's knee pads.

Hope for the future - that Keith will wear this in Quebec City!

Date: June 26, 2015 00:34

SomeTorontoGirl
High point - Charlie's socks.

Low point - Mick's knee pads.

Hope for the future - that Keith will wear this in Quebec City!

Ahh, by the people who brought you the Auckland tee..

Olly.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:00

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 26, 2015 03:42

Olly
Lipsgogreen
Keith at Budokon 03

Tim

Yes, certainly better than what he wears for that number these days.

'[T]he dreadful gorilla suit' is how one of the more eloquent members of this site described it...

You're right, that person is most eloquent...personally I can only bring myself to call it "That thing"

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 26, 2015 03:45

I think of the striking contrast of Keith's dark hair with his bright red jacket, Mick looking positively feline in his white sparkly jumpsuit, and Charlie so incongrously perfect in that Cuban shirt. No band looked more beautiful on stage than The Rolling Stones.

Date: June 26, 2015 04:03

latebloomer
I think of the striking contrast of Keith's dark hair with his bright red jacket, Mick looking positively feline in his white sparkly jumpsuit, and Charlie so incongrously perfect in that Cuban shirt. No band looked more beautiful on stage than The Rolling Stones.

to latebloomer: Truer words have never been spoken.

Date: June 26, 2015 04:25

tauk
latebloomer

to latebloomer: Truer words have never been spoken.

Agreed^

I love every outfit I've seen them wear live at the two shows I have attended so far this summer.. As for the past, any outfit where Mick is shirtless or wearing a barely-there top winking smiley But in all seriousness, one of my favorite outfits of his would have to be the all black number with the red scarf & quarter-sleeved shirt with his astrology sign, Leo, on the front worn during 1969. And quite frankly, Keith looks bad ass in whatever he wears/has worn.

More recently, I really liked the shirts I saw Ronnie wear in Pittsburgh (a few of the same in different colors), obviously Charlie's socks, and Mick's Hats!

Additionally, I've been loving Lisa's outfits as well... she really sparkles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 04:26 by brokecollegestudent.

Date: June 26, 2015 05:08

Oily---Thanks so much for asking this question--it's my obsession cup of tea.

I can't narrow it down to only one pic & I don't know how to put more than 1 pic per post so these will have to be posted individually.

Start with fav onstage outfits

Pic #1) The zodiac top on M & the studded-up-the-side pants on M & K

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 05:21 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 05:11

Pic #2 M onstage-would this be 1972? Any info anyone might be able to give is appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 05:18 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 05:16

Pic #3 Mick onstage outfit, year?? 70's??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 05:22 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 05:26

Pic # 4) M & K onstage-I esp like M's top, I wish I knew what year this is from??

Date: June 26, 2015 05:33

Pic #5) M & K onstage 1972 I believe. Luv Keith's....."the low spark of high heeled boys" look. I mourn the loss of such cool clothing, esp. like Keith's.

Date: June 26, 2015 05:40

Pic # 6) M & K onstage-Keith's outfit esp great!

Date: June 26, 2015 05:47

Pic # 7) M onstage, year?? unique deep v neck leather top

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 05:49 by tauk.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 26, 2015 05:51

I dig Keith's style here.

Date: June 26, 2015 06:01

MingSubu- yes, super cool.

Date: June 26, 2015 06:05

Pic # 8) Mick's skinny black jeans & black knit tops are really my current favorite. Like in this pic or later onstage appearances.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 06:07 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 06:12

Pic # 9) M recent onstage pic, again, good look with the black jeans

Date: June 26, 2015 06:17

Pic # 10) Retro pic-I love the look here, stylishly posed, non-costumey look. Year?/ mid-60's I think?

Date: June 26, 2015 06:20

Pic # 11) Keith, offstage pic, looks like mid-60's. Keith makes these regular clothes look like he's a male fashion model, which, really, he was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 06:28 by tauk.

Date: June 26, 2015 06:32

Pic # 12) Bill, Mick, Keith in regular offstage clothing. I've never seen a guy wear a short cropped twin sweater set before but Keith pulls it off so wonderfully here.

Date: June 26, 2015 06:38

Pic # 13) Keith onstage. Words uneccesary/

Date: June 26, 2015 06:42

Pic # 14) Keith onstage, cool top.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home