Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor (and David Bowie) plant the seeds
Posted by: billbrown ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:36

Just wanted to toss out there I think it would have been off the charts for Stones to include Bowie as special guest at least once this tour. Maybe we can plant a seed so maybe they'll do it next tour (imagine Rebel Rebel and dancing in the streets duets with Mick !). Also, I can only hope they will bring Mick Taylor into recording studio to work with them on new album and let Mick T tour with them for the love of God!

Re: Mick Taylor (and David Bowie) plant the seeds
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:40

In some interviews taylor said that he would like to be an occasional member of the stones not a permanent one. Maybe this time, for this tour, he did not want to go on tour with them. Anyway a tour with him and DB would be great

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:47

You guys are dreaming.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 19:59

i was thinking maybe they could invite paul mccartney too and go with a 2-bass guitar lineup, keith would sound great playing on "happiness is a warm gun"

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 20:04

I sincerely hope that I have shuffled off this mortal coil before I ever have to watch Jagger and Bowie perform "Dancing in the Street" again.

Date: June 3, 2015 20:14

Ouch! You guys are harsh. Bowie and Jagger have non trivial joint history and dynamic and there would be a synergy greater than the sum of the individuals. And Stones could readily involve Mick T with songwriting again, offering rejuvenation and further increasing Stones fan base IMHO.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2015 20:37

pepganzo
In some interviews taylor said that he would like to be an occasional member of the stones not a permanent one. Maybe this time, for this tour, he did not want to go on tour with them. Anyway a tour with him and DB would be great

That's not the case, as we have discussed here: [www.iorr.org]

See Dandie's post: Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: DandelionPowderman ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:04:

"The only answer the Stones (Keith and partially Mick) gave was that Taylor was sick, but that was quickly denied by his people..."

Taylor wasn't invited and seems to have said on his fans' FB Page that he regretted not having been invited.

Date: June 3, 2015 20:40

billbrown
Ouch! You guys are harsh. Bowie and Jagger have non trivial joint history and dynamic and there would be a synergy greater than the sum of the individuals. And Stones could readily involve Mick T with songwriting again, offering rejuvenation and further increasing Stones fan base IMHO.

i'm guessing you've never seen them do dancing in the street then...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 20:40 by Turner68.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 3, 2015 22:30

kleermaker
pepganzo

"The only answer the Stones (Keith and partially Mick) gave was that Taylor was sick, but that was quickly denied by his people..."

Taylor wasn't invited and seems to have said on his fans' FB Page that he regretted not having been invited.

I know that we have discussed in other topics, no problem (this one is useless)my answer was full of sarcasm.
It would be fantastic listen to some songs with DB, but of course it's like dreaming and I'm not a big fan of this artist.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 3, 2015 22:58

billbrown
Just wanted to toss out there I think it would have been off the charts for Stones to include Bowie as special guest at least once this tour. Maybe we can plant a seed so maybe they'll do it next tour (imagine Rebel Rebel and dancing in the streets duets with Mick !). Also, I can only hope they will bring Mick Taylor into recording studio to work with them on new album and let Mick T tour with them for the love of God!

Bowie on Lets Spend the Night Together, perfect Jagger / Bowie songs smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 22:58 by mtaylor.

Date: June 3, 2015 23:48

pepganzo
kleermaker
pepganzo

I know that we have discussed in other topics, no problem (this one is useless)my answer was full of sarcasm.

Ha, great sarcasm! thumbs up

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 00:17

billbrown

Didn't mean to harsh your buzz, bb. I'm a huge Bowie fan and very few things would give me greater pleasure than seeing him back onstage one day ... but with a hand-picked band doing HIS OWN DAMN SONGS, new and old.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 4, 2015 00:25

The Taylor seed was planted after much fertile ground was plowed on the last tour, unfortunately the creative drought that followed dried it up. Better just be happy eating the crop from past years because nothings even so much as sprouted and the season is it full swing.

peace

Posted by: JackHampshire ()
Date: June 4, 2015 03:10

I was told by someone who knows that Taylor wasn't invited back because during the whole experience he was "difficult." Besides, he quit. I don't need him or Wyman to enjoy the band.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 4, 2015 03:12

I think we'll be lucky if we see anyone besides Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie, and assorted session musicians on stage.

Date: June 4, 2015 03:14

JackHampshire
I was told by someone who knows that Taylor wasn't invited back because during the whole experience he was "difficult." Besides, he quit. I don't need him or Wyman to enjoy the band.

i'm truly amazed that the taylor fans aren't mad at him for quitting, instead of being mad at the stones for not inviting him back long enough.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 03:22

I don't go to the Stones to hear them try to do Rebel Rebel! Much better to just hear Bowie do that live. Now it would be cool if Bowie came out and did Lets Spend the Night Together with Mick!

Date: June 4, 2015 03:25

whitem8
I don't go to the Stones to hear them try to do Rebel Rebel! Much better to just hear Bowie do that live. Now it would be cool if Bowie came out and did Lets Spend the Night Together with Mick!
Well, they did do "Hang On Sloopy," so...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 03:53

They did, but that is very different from doing Rebel Rebel with Bowie, and they did only a few seconds of Hang on Sloopy.

Date: June 4, 2015 05:51

40 years ago, they were giving Billy Preston the chance to do HIS songs live in front of the Stones' crowd, so I say that Bowie doing Rebel Rebel as a duet with Mick being backed by the Stones might actually sound good.
It'd definitely freshen up hearing JJF, Happy, Tumbling Dice, Start Me Up, IORR, Satisfaction, and Midnight Rambler every night...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 4, 2015 06:49

Turner68
billbrown

i'm guessing you've never seen them do dancing in the street then...

I liked the way Mick did the pretend 'window wipe' while Bowie was singing one of the lines.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2015 06:50

Plant the seeds .... wait till Chuck learns of this ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 4, 2015 15:07

Turner68
JackHampshire

i'm truly amazed that the taylor fans aren't mad at him for quitting, instead of being mad at the stones for not inviting him back long enough.

We're both of course.

Date: June 5, 2015 16:34

I first thought of Bowie as guest to do a couple songs (and don't forget the possibility of Dancing with Mr D also as a song choice) occurred in 1989 when Clapton was guest for Little Red Rooster and he was guest several times since then. Of course we'd like to see Clapton (or Bowie) do their own full concert, but special things can happen when great talents join forces and Stones have often stepped out of their own oeuvre with stellar results. By the way june 3 I had the pleasure of seeing here in Minneapolis. They are the best they've ever been. Ron and Keith's guitar work was jaw dropping. I can only hope Keith's recent reference to getting the boys in the studio will happen (and, yes, I hope Taylor can participate, because greater possibilities could result).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home