Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone catch the Rock&Roll HOF last night?
Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: June 1, 2015 00:57

Loved it when Joan Jett ending her speech with a thank you to every musican in the book, but finished it with mention to; MICK TAYLOR!!!

Remember seeing her walking the street in front of the Roxy in 1982 when the
Bluesbreakers toured with M. Taylor and John McVie.. even back then she knew talent when she saw it!!!

MLC

Re: Anyone catch the Rock&Roll HOF last night?
Date: June 1, 2015 01:32

He played the guitar solo on 'I Hate Myself For Loving YYou' according to Wikipedia.

Wikipedia
Former Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor played the guitar solo on "I Hate Myself for Loving You".[6]

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:15

joan jett is great. and MT's solo on that song was great too.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:22

Yup, I saw the Mick Taylor shout out. Really cool of her. Especially because in that speech she was listing bands (Steven and Joe and Aerosmith, Lemmy and Motorhead) and I noticed her ONLY saying Taylor and not thanking the rest of the Stones. I assumed it had to do with her history with him with I Hate Myself For Loving You.

She was excellent.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:55

I was probably the most insulted of anyone when I heard Joan Jett was going to be inducted, never liked her music..... always seemed a real least common denominator, poser approach to the music. I mean "I Love Rock and Roll" just about makes me puke. It kind of represents the opposite of what players like Mick Taylor represent to me. That collaboration seems the most unlikely one I could think of really.

But I'm going to open my mind a bit and take your guys word that she was good last night...only because she thanked Mick Taylor of course. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:01

Naturalust
I was probably the most insulted of anyone when I heard Joan Jett was going to be inducted, never liked her music..... always seemed a real least common denominator, poser approach to the music. I mean "I Love Rock and Roll" just about makes me puke. It kind of represents the opposite of what players like Mick Taylor represent to me. That collaboration seems the most unlikely one I could think of really.

But I'm going to open my mind a bit and take your guys word that she was good last night...only because she thanked Mick Taylor of course. smoking smiley

peace

she is great. "i love rock n roll" doesn't really represent her. she was one of the first female punk rockers, founded 'the runaways" back in the 70s (classic song: "bad reputation" ) and had a long and successful career after her #1 smash hit. saw her play in the 90s in a small club and she was fantastic.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 04:56 by Turner68.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:03

She's also covered "Star, Star" if it matters to you.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 04:45

Turner68
joan jett is great. and MT's solo on that song was great too.

thumbs up I'd love too see Joan do some shows with MT. They'd kill Silver Train for one...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2015 09:21

I wonder if the Stones would have accepted the honours in the 80s if they knew that everyone and their dog would be inducted few decades later.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home