Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

AFTERMATH 1966
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:50

I AM NOT WAITING BUT DRUNK.
Listening for the first time in maybe 15 years to AFTERMATH. I thought I had it on CD, but NO.
I bought me a new vinyl LP player two weeks ago and got out the UK and USA versions out of my collection.

I AM WAITING is finished now and GOING HOME is on my own turntable once again!!!
hot smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 01:13 by bv.

Re: AFTERMATH 1966 drinking smiley
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:52

Goin' Home might be my favourite. You really don't wanna wait? Aftermath should be Dandie's Album Talk next week

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:02

good on ya...great album, enjoy the vinyl!

Date: May 30, 2015 01:04

Nikkei
Goin' Home might be my favourite. You really don't wanna wait? Aftermath should be Dandie's Album Talk next week

Who is dandie? Ray Davis? THE KINKS might be my third favorite BAND after THE ROLLING STONES and IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS.
The USA vinyl version of AFTERMATH is finished now on my new turntable (I bought it two weeks ago, the turntable that is).
Now I am gonna play AFTERMATH (the UK vinyl version), which opens with MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER instead of PAINT IT BLACK which opens the USA album.drinking smiley

LADY JANE is great!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 01:16 by RipThisBone.

Date: May 30, 2015 01:16

RipThisBone
Nikkei

Who is dandie? Ray Davis? THE KINKS might be my third favorite BAND after THE ROLLING STONES and IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS.
The UK vinyl version of AFTERMATH is finished now on my new turntable (I bought it two weeks ago).
Now I am gonna play AFTERMATH (the USA version), which opens with PAINT IT BLACK instead of MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER.

do you have a preference? for gosh sakes, your glass is empty, pour yourself another!

Date: May 30, 2015 01:20

Under My Thumb blasting right now! Could be a hit in 2015 retitled Under My "something" sung by Some Girls.

Re: AFTERMATH 1966
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:55

Love both versions of this album, USA/UK. I have 'em both on vinyl and disc. Can't say I am crazy about Mom's Little Helper, but all the other songs are great. My fave cuts are Flight 505, It's Not Easy, Lady Jane, Going Home, I Am Waiting, Think. One of the best original Stones albums, IMO.

Date: May 30, 2015 02:02

Sobering up (NOT)...... ending the UK version of AFTERMATH.......first time listenig after a Long Long While (b-side of Paint It Black) thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
OUT OF TIME...TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT...THINK...WHAT TO DO......hot smiley

2016.....= AFTERMATH 50 & COUNTING... smileys with beer

Date: May 30, 2015 03:04

RipThisBone
Sobering up (NOT)...... ending the UK version of AFTERMATH.......first time listenig after a Long Long While (b-side of Paint It Black) thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

SUPERDELUX AFTHERMATH BOX ROCKKK and ROLLLLlllllllllllllllll.....drinking smiley

Just saying...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 03:09 by RipThisBone.

Date: May 30, 2015 16:46

RipThisBone
RipThisBone

SUPERDELUX AFTHERMATH BOX ROCKKK and ROLLLLlllllllllllllllll.....drinking smiley

Just saying...

How's your head this morning? I hope you had the good sense to drink a couple of glasses of water and take 2 aspirins before you went to bed!

Date: May 30, 2015 16:46

....otherwise you may not have enjoyed the 'aftermath' too terribly much!!

Date: May 30, 2015 16:57

treaclefingers

thumbs up I'm okay, sipping a cup of tea.

Date: May 30, 2015 17:08

RipThisBone
treaclefingers

thumbs up I'm okay, sipping a cup of tea.

Long Island Iced Tea?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home